• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Some form of tourette syndrome?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
When I think of / remember something embarrassing from my life, I compulsively say some random word (or if I'm thinking of something else, I blurt that out, (if that makes any sense) ). It seems to happen unconsciously, before I can control it. I can't stop it; the word comes out before I can.

Also, If I remember an embarrassing conversation, I tend to blurt out a random word of the conversation (as in, I'm replaying the dialogue in my head but then all the sudden one of the words pops out of my mouth). If it happens while I'm reading, I tend to blurt out one or two of the words that happen to be under my eyes at the moment.

It usually only happens when I'm remembering something palpably embarrassing or humiliating from my life -- not for mild everyday kind of stuff. So is it a form of tourette syndrome or just my way of getting rid of the embarrassing thought? It's been happening since middle school (I think).

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I really doubt it's tourettes of any kind. Seems more like your conscience is overcompensating about the errors that you make, or you may just be really focused on a certain subject and you tend to express that focus in a vocal way.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
maybe a routinely Freudian slip

i don't know what that is.

I really doubt it's tourettes of any kind. Seems more like your conscience is overcompensating about the errors that you make, or you may just be really focused on a certain subject and you tend to express that focus in a vocal way.

could be, but I've been wanting it to go away for ages. I can't seem to stop myself from uttering the word--it just bursts out, without me thinking before I say it.

Trag

Bronze Member
tourettes is comprised of a verbal and physical tic. for example, i clear my throat and make a small grunting noise, as well as click my jaw and tilt my head. You might just have a tic.

D

Deleted member 36435

I am pretty sure this is a pretty common thing. To dwell on something (mostly embarrassing) from the past and then get an uncomfortable feeling which you release with a weird noise, kinda like a sigh.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I do this occasionally; I seriously doubt you have tourettes. It probably just means you're dwelling on past events a bit too much, or perhaps you are being overly critical of the thoughts as a whole.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It probably just means you're dwelling on past events a bit too much, or perhaps you are being overly critical of the thoughts as a whole.

Yeah, maybe I am. Even the smallest things has me doing this.

tourettes is comprised of a verbal and physical tic. for example, i clear my throat and make a small grunting noise, as well as click my jaw and tilt my head. You might just have a tic.

I did have a problem with that a few years ago, but it stopped. Maybe it just continues in this form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back