• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Solutions for unbalanced union strength

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Those of you who've visited the Weekly Union Ranking thread may have seen us discussing this, but there is a little of an issue with the strength of each union. Of course, the more members each union has, the greater their chances are of winning each week, but surely they should enable various options in order to avoid a generic contest via strength in numbers.

To acquire the Lux needed to win, we need to defeat powerful enemies. To defeat powerful enemies, we need strong cards. To obtain strong cards, either we need money, incredibly good luck, or we need to win. But in order to win, we need Lux. See the problem here?

What solutions can you think of that may allow teams with lesser members a fair chance? Are there any ways so that the winning teams will actually some decent competition? Leave your thoughts below!

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Well i see this being solved with perentages.

Lets saying one union has 100 members
And the other has 80 members

Of course the 100 members have much better odds winning, but if there is a boost giving the union with 80 members like 1.5x lux, then it would slove the issue in which the union has a better chance on winning.

Of course im just throwing random numbers up there, but i mean thats a way to keep it balanced....

So basically give a higher lux bonus to the lower pop unions or somthing along the lines of that

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well i see this being solved with perentages.

Lets saying one union has 100 members
And the other has 80 members

Of course the 100 members have much better odds winning, but if there is a boost giving the union with 80 members like 1.5x lux, then it would slove the issue in which the union has a better chance on winning.

Of course im just throwing random numbers up there, but i mean thats a way to keep it balanced....

So basically give a higher lux bonus to the lower pop unions or somthing along the lines of that

That's an interesting idea, but it wouldn't be fair to those in a larger union. The difficulty of solving this problem relies on unbiased decisions.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
How would it be unfair to the larger groups, they have the advantage because off more members.

You could say, well what if members dont log on (which probably could but wont happen)

Its the same reasoning behind smaller groups, if smaller groups have higher bonus lux time, they have to be on.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
How would it be unfair to the larger groups, they have the advantage because off more members.

You could say, well what if members dont log on (which probably could but wont happen)

Its the same reasoning behind smaller groups, if smaller groups have higher bonus lux time, they have to be on.

You can't judge them because they have more numbers, is what I'm saying. That's just something that happened, and was not intentional from the start. By your rules, unions with less members will pull ahead because you're giving them and only them a bonus, and teams with more members will not receive those benefits just because they attract more players, which is basically cheating.

While that may make some people happy, obviously it's going to piss everyone else off because that's something that will never be offered to them. Then when new players catch wind of what's going on, they'll be more inclined to join the unions that are receiving the bonus rather than that of their own preference, and then the cycle just starts over again.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
But it would only be a small bonus, which would change depending on how many members in each union. It wouldn't be anything big, just something to make it fair, in a way that either unions can pull ahead. Even if they decided oh hey im going to join this smaller union, that smaller union would get bigger eventually losing that bonus, And not only that, it would only be active during the bonus lux time

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Maybe give teams attack multipliers based on their current ranking?

First gets 1.0, second is 1.1, third is 1.2, fourth is 1.3, fifth is 1.4. Or something like that.

That way the balancing isn't reliant on numbers really, but more so on player activity.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
So, I registered and played a bit today, and for whatever reason there was a big (unclickable) arrow + caption highlighting Leopardus in the choose-your-faction screen. I dunno if it's just a coincidence that that they also happen to be the leading faction, or if the game was indicating to me that "Oh, hey, these guys are doing really well right now; join them!" because, you know, I can't read Japanese. But I thought that was interesting. It definitely wasn't just some sort of meaningless faction-trivia, because there was no way to bring it up over any other faction's insignia, or at least not by hovering or key command (clicking simply chooses that faction).

So, if it is what it seemed to me to be: Not doing that would probably be a good start to nixing the unbalanced union thing lol.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Sign, how do we know how many members are even in each union?

I'm not sure if there a an easy way to see how many people are in each faction, but I could tell purely by Lux alone. As soon as the new week started, about 12 hours into it, Leopardus had over 100,000 Lux between its members while Vulpes only 20,000 (and I saw most of the other factions were around Vulpes). It doesn't make any sense how they got so much Lux in so little time unless either every person on that faction is god-like at Lux grinding and are on 24/7 (very unlikely) or unless they just have THAT many members that all contribute very little to the huge sum.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Maybe give teams attack multipliers based on their current ranking?

First gets 1.0, second is 1.1, third is 1.2, fourth is 1.3, fifth is 1.4. Or something like that.

That way the balancing isn't reliant on numbers really, but more so on player activity.

I like this idea.

I was thinking the teams have some sort of point division based on player numbers, like, divide the number of points by the number of players on the team.
For example let's say leopardus and vulpes had the same lux points one week. Vulpes has fewer members so its points are divided by a lower number, giving it the overall higher score. If leopardus has 20% more people and gets 20% more points, it balances out because everyone put in the same effort.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I was thinking the teams have some sort of point division based on player numbers, like, divide the number of points by the number of players on the team.
For example let's say leopardus and vulpes had the same lux points one week. Vulpes has fewer members so its points are divided by a lower number, giving it the overall higher score. If leopardus has 20% more people and gets 20% more points, it balances out because everyone put in the same effort.

I think that the problem with that is that it is unfair to those with larger members per faction. Given Leopardus has far more members than let's say Unicornis, it's very likely that more of those Leopardus members are unactive. I understand that they have more active members as well, but it isn't always a fair percentage of how many active versus inactive members a faction has. A faction with more inactive members will be at a disadvantage since no matter how hard they try, they have dead weight, members who increase their division number who don't contribute any Lux.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I think the daily competition is even more unbalanced, it's the third time this week my team is fighting against an highly overpowered enemy. For comparison: 1/3 of our team members are below LV 20, half of them even below level 5, the team's number is 142 (I'm not sure is that's an actual ranking or really just a number). The enemy team's number is 7, the team member with the lowest LV is 17, the rest is over 30, more than 10 over 50.
How can there be a fair match? And as I said this is not the first time, yesterday and the day before were the same.

Tsurugi

Awards
I think the daily competition is even more unbalanced, it's the third time this week my team is fighting against an highly overpowered enemy. For comparison: 1/3 of our team members are below LV 20, half of them even below level 5, the team's number is 142 (I'm not sure is that's an actual ranking or really just a number). The enemy team's number is 7, the team member with the lowest LV is 17, the rest is over 30, more than 10 over 50.
How can there be a fair match? And as I said this is not the first time, yesterday and the day before were the same.

Just a question, are you in a full party? If so, I'd suggest you search for a new party.

Tsurugi

Awards
Yes, it's a full group (30 people). How can I change it and are there repercussions?

Well, you're always in a team with the people that you are in a party with, the repercussions of leaving it is that you temporarily have 50AP again, and you have to search for a new party. You can change party by leaving the one you're currently in (I think it's the bottom right option in your party tab).

What I did was, go into the Lux leaderboards, and start somewhere in rank 500, search for people in your union and click to see if they have a spot left in their party, if they do, you join :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back