• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[ Softly did the Shadows Bloom ]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Tavish's head was spinning with everything. The voice over the loudspeakers, Bryan's attack, it was just too much. he had to keep it together. He couldn't have an episode. Terran had suddenly run up and showed something to them in a zip lock bag. It looked like a piece of cloth. He was still thinking about the kind of wound Bryan had, but not how it was made, but where.

" I don't know if you saw this guys, but I looked at all of the visible marks on Bryan's body before they took him away and they were always right above, or below a major artery, or vain.............."

Soleil

KHI's Idiot of the Year
"I suggest we run from him. That's Lazerith's demon form and he is one bad-ass!"

Jayde slightly hesitates trying to overcome her current state of shock. She never had before seen anything so distorted and horrifying as Lazerith's demon form. She tried to catch up with her breathing for uneasy it was to breathe.

"Yes, I agree." said a panicking Jayde

Jayde immediately lets Roand lead the way running through the courtyard.

HeartofTwilight

Naya sat up and looked toward the door that was now ajar. There were three students in the doorway coming into focus. She recognized Tavish from math class earlier in the day. The other two she recognized as the girl and boy talking at the doorway about going out for chocolate. She could see a little into the room, whichNaya deduced was the girl's dorm room. The first thing that caught her eye was a bouquet of flowers. She realized it after a second. The flowers were pitch black. Her eyes quickly jumped to the bag that Terran was holding.

Do you know what kind of material this is? I believe its from one of... those people's clothing.

She tried to push aside all her fear and panic as she looked at the bag. As far as she could tell the fabric seemed fairly normal. Suddenly as she looked at it she could feel the weight of the bag, the same way she could feel the weight of things that swung out of control when she was not in control herself. The bag froze in the air momentarily as it switched from Terran's hands to to Liz's.

Shock and suddenly exhausted, Naya only barely managed to get to her feet. "Sorry...I didn't mean to..." She looked at the three others.

I don't know if you saw this guys, but I looked at all of the visible marks on Bryan's body before they took him away and they were always right above, or below a major artery, or vain

Naya looked at Tavish for a second. "No, but I did see a pattern" She tried to regroup herself as she spoke. She glanced over her shoulder and then continued. "In a normal slashing attack, one would expect that the thickness of the cut would vary, from cut to cut as well as from where the stroke started and ended. The ones onBryan's body, were all the same width." She squeezed the strap of her bag in one hand and twirled her hair in the other. She changed her tone and said, "I know this may make me sound crazy, seeing as no one downstairs heard it...Did any of you hear a strange voice on the loud speaker? The one that said something about the shadows?" She dared not mention the not and the website as well for fear of being thoughtcompletely insane.

AxelRoxas

OOC: ....Crap.
I think I have to resign.
I don't have any time for a roleplay like this one ><. I have like one and a half hour per day at the compy ><... And I'm in waay to many roleplays ><
So, sorry, Sticky, it seems like a really fun Rp :'( *Sobs*

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards
After the unknown figure escaped, he headed to his room, but suddenly he heard a noise outside. "...i wonder whats that noise?" said Anthony, and headed into the noises direction. He exited the dorm building, and found the source to the noise, he saw a mysterious figure by his car. He couldnt see the mysterious figure or what he was doing, because it was night by now. "Hey what are you doing to my car?!" said Anthony to the unknown person as he ran to him. The unknown person heard him and suddenly ran away, the unknown firgure got away when Anthony got there, and found a note on his car, and read it.

We have outsmarted your brightest...

We have created a source...

The dense silence has become our weapon...

And the ever-growing fear has become our shield...

Softly did the shadows bloom as they whispered our name in fear...

With the power of the Eclipse, we shall awaken It...

With the power of the Abyss, we shall reach our destiny...

You have acted out against one of us, and now your going to pay with your life...

"What...what do they mean by pay with your life?" said Anthony nervously and a bit frightened, but nonetheless he kept his cool. "I better stay on my guard and be catious..." said Anthony to himself. He then got inside but whenever he heard a noise he turned around where the direction of a noise was, "...just look at me, i'm being paranoid, I should go to sleep, and get rested for tomorrow" said Anthony.He finally got to his room, and rested.

stickxkeyblade

Website
stickxkeyblade.livejournal.com
Liz thought she heard someone mumbling a little ways down the hall, but the second she turned to leave, Terran was right in front of her. She sighed, relieved. She leaned back into the doorway, letting him enter if he so chose. She could feel herself relaxing, though. If Terran was okay, then things couldn't get too bad. It was a completely illogical factor that got stuck into her life far too many times a day... But then again, maybe that was why she liked him so much.

She smiled a bit to show him that she was still alright. Not in total panic mode yet. Terran was distracted by the flowers. She didn't blame him--she didn't like them either. They were just unnatural. Almost everything about those black roses proved that they shouldn't exist. And she got a bad feeling deep down in her stomach whenever she looked at them. She scooted her foot back a little way from the flowers as Terran showed her the fabric he had found. She made a move to take it from him, but quite suddenly, the bag was tugged from his hand as if it were being pulled on some invisible string.

Liz froze and pulled her hand back in alarm. Her entire body tensed up and her eyes widened in shock when the bag landed in her hand despite her willing it not to. She didn't want that to happen. She didn't even will that to happen, how did she--

That girl from this morning.--Naya, she was pretty sure that's what her name was--stood up weakly in the hallway and apologized. A second later, the facts clicked into place in Liz's head and she let out a breath she hadn't even realized she'd been holding. She rubbed at her eye with her free hand and muttered quietly, "Jeez. Scared me more than those stupid flowers..."

She walked out into the hallway. Naya looked like she was about to collapse, in all honesty. Was she the one that she'd heard a second or two ago? Man, all the observation skills in the world and she missed the obvious when it mattered.

"Hey, you alright?" she tried to sound as motherly and comforting as she could, but her voice came out just a little bit shaky around the edges despite her efforts, "You can rest in my room for a while if you want."

She listened to them discuss the cuts on Bryan's body. She'd found them odd as well, but hadn't been able to pinpoint why. These two seemed to have pretty good ideas. All she really had was more questions, "That's so weird. Who would take that much time and energy to make sure all the cuts were the same...? Did they even have that much time? Doesn't seem likely..." she looked down at her hands and leaned on the wall next to Naya, "This just keeps getting more and more confusing... And you know, for that matter," she rolled the zip-lock seal around in her fingers, "Why only cut above or below major arteries and stuff. Since they obviously knew where they were, why not just cut right on the damn things and--" she stopped, realizing what she was saying. Bad move that would have been. At least worth a pawn or a bishop...

She remembered the phone message and became even more uneasy, "...Well, I guess they weren't trying to kill him. Thank God." But then again, maybe that was a bad thing. That meant that they wanted him to stay alive. Stay alive for what, though?

"I know this may make me sound crazy, seeing as no one downstairs heard it...Did any of you hear a strange voice on the loud speaker? The one that said something about the shadows?"

"What?" she turned her head in Naya's direction, a baffled look crossing her features, "Whaddya mean no one heard it--it was blasted on the bloody speakers, for crying out loud!" she sighed, crossing her arms. She just couldn't seem to sit still, "Yeah. I heard it. 'Prepare yourselves.' Prepare ourselves for what? Phone calls, blood on the walls, slash marks, roses, intercoms, memory loss or just downright obliviousness--none of it adds up." she wandered across the hallway.

"Man... I can't do think abstractly, they should know this since they seem to know damn well everything about pretty much all they've been doing. You artists types are so much better at this stuff." she turned her head to glance at Terran, "The least they could have done was given me a simple A+B=C to follow or something."

She sighed again, and looked down at the fabric in her hand. She unzipped the bag, taking it out and examining it closely. She may not get all this symbolic "blooming shadows" crap, but at least she knew one fabric from another. This particular shred of fabric was black, much like the flowers. No surprise there, it must be a theme. Black, like shadows.

She rubbed it between her fingers for a second. Then she paused, deep in thought. She reached over and felt the sleeve of her own light overshirt. A second later she was tugging her top shirt off to examine the tag. A quick glance and she shrugged it back on, not bothering to button it up.

"Silk," she said, "100%, I imagine. I don't know about the dye job..." she held it up to the light, "...but this is a pretty tight weave, too. This is some expensive stuff. It's really hard to find because no one really uses silk anymore unless it's mixed with a bunch of other material." she flipped it over, "Probably got this imported from one of those private manufacturers across the sea in Asia." she was about to put it in the bag, but hesitated, bringing it up to her nose to smell instead. One quick whiff and she stuffed it in the bag without a second thought, sticking out her tongue.

"Blech. Smells like chemicals. Like, under the sink type of chemicals."

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Tavish was shocked at Naya's seemingly random entrance, but calmed down. All of these discussions about what had happened and why were fascinating, but they really weren't helping. This was just making things all more an more twisted. There were too many unnatural and horrifying things happening all at once. They needed to get to the bottom of this, or at least closer to it so to speak.

He nodded whrn Liz mentioned the chemical smell of the fabric and looked at all of them and said, " I don't mean to be blunt, but umm shouldn't be do something other than just standi........" Tavish stepped back. he felt an emotional mass in tehe hallway and it didn't belong to any of them. It was malicious. That was the only word that Tavish could think of for the feeling.

" Guys we need to get out of here right now............trust me."

The Midnight Channel

My Photoshop Just Died TT_TT
Liz mentioned pure silk and chemicals... Wait. Where had Terran heard of Blackroses and Silk before... It didn't matter at the moment. Because Terran noticed something. Everyone's shadows. They were... growing. No special light was hitting them. The shadows just grew.

"Liz, Tavish, Naya... I think we need to get out of here. Something doesn't seem right. Does anyone else notice the shadows?" But something else had cuaght his eye now. The Black Roses. They were... kind of.. glowing. Almost... a glowing black if that was possible...

"Guys, look at the flowers..." Terran turned around to the rest of them only to find himself, face to gace with a black clothed man wearing an insane mask. "Surprise. And Terran. Jumping from windows for us is like walking down stairs." He held a knife to Terran's face. "We're gonna have some fun, yes?" As he said that he... kinda poofed into a shadow and appeared behind Liz, knife pointed at the weakest point in a human spine.

OOC: I'm bringing in the drama...

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It was too late. A man had appeared and was now behind Liz. ready to stab her through the spine. This was bad. Tavish wasn't sure he could pull anything off. He was fast and could fight very well, but the risk was too great. If Liz was hurt, it would be all over. " What are you?? Where are you coming from??" That was when he heard a snicker. A man was behind him as well.

" We are something that you cannot even begin to comprehend. There is no way to stop us and you cannot hope to escape now." This man was different from the other somehow and Tavish decided that it was worth a shot with him. He quickly thrust his leg out backward and kicked the man in the chest. He hell backwards, but vanished in a puff and reappeared right in Tavish's face and laughed. " Nice try, but not gonna work."

This is what Tavish was hoping for. The man was looking him right in the eyes. " You don't realize who I am do you??" Tavish said. He took everything he had and sent a burst of emotional disruption into the man's mind. Upon doing this however Tavish was knock backwards and took recoil. " The man laughed again. " Of course I know who you are . That won't work on me. Didn't you get a phone call??" Tavish heard only that as he began to lost consciousness and dropped back on the floor........

stickxkeyblade

Website
OOC: En garde! I have flower crushing skillz? :O
So, hrm. Would it be cool if, at the end of all the evil stuff, there's not one person controlling everything (which was what I was guessing we were all thinking) but a few people that are all working together? I'd tell you why, but I want it to be a sorta nifty surprise. ;)

Although I might be the only one that likes the surprise, but such is life, I suppose. My posts are too long. D:

---------------

Liz noticed it too. The shadows grew and stretched in an unnatural way. She backed away from the wall only to have her shadow follow her. Of course, it was her shadow--she couldn't separate from it unless she was surrounded by nothing but light, and how the hell was she supposed to do that?

She was scared now, no way to go about it. The flowers had started radiating their own light or... something. She moved a bit closer to Terran just to feel safer, but gasped a second later as two hands reached out of the blackness behind him. She was about to scream when it slid out in front of him, its movements unnaturally smooth. Whatever it was, it had a knife pointed right at Terran's neck. It was wearing a twisted mask of black and blood red. It mentioned stairs, and that they were going to have some "fun." For a second she thought it would move to hurt him, but it dashed around and sunk back into the wall with an alien speed.

She was about to run; move anywhere away from what had just happened, but she felt cold metal against her neck and froze, inhaling sharply. If that knife sunk into her neck, it'd sever the nerve and she'd be paralyzed from the shoulders down. She tried to move away but an arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her towards the wall. It was strong. Too strong. Another grabbed her shoulders, and yet another hand pulled on her legs. The knife was pressed ever so slightly against her skin and she could feel blood creep down her neck. She tried to scream but a hand wrapped around her mouth. It was cold. It felt like everything she'd ever imagined death would feel like.

"Now now, Elizabeth..." it whispered into her ear, that frightening voice she'd heard on the phone "Be a good little white queen piece and I promise that your white knight won't be harmed..."

She bit down on his hand but it simply vanished. She ended up biting her own lip so hard it too began to bleed a little. Out of her peripheral vision, she could see Tavish stuck with his own shadow. It didn't move, but he was struck down by something regardless.

"G-get off me, you freak!!" she tried to move but another hand replaced the old one. The grips on the other arms around her just tightened--it was getting harder to breathe.

"I'd stop resisting if I were you..." she could feel it breathing against her neck. It made her skin crawl and just made her squirm more. She was trying not to move her neck, but wasn't sure if she was getting away or just making it worse,

"Black rook takes white knight." is all it said then. Hands reached out towards Terran then, out of his shadow. She looked around desperately, searching for some way, something that would make them stop. Just as her eyes landed on the black roses, the hand wrapped around her throat and pulled her head straight. It was almost choking her.

In a last moment of panic she put all her thought towards those roses. She hated those horrible things, those dead plants that shouldn't exist; she wanted with all her might for them to be torn apart into a million little pieces and then shredded and ripped apart until nothing more remained than dust.

There was a sudden crunching sound from the bouquet, and then one of the roses quite suddenly... exploded. The petals were quite literally torn up and some of the roses around it had been pulled apart as well. As if in a chain reaction, the thing behind her shrieked in some sort of agony and recoiled from her. For a second, the shadows shrunk and she was released. She fell forward, reaching for the back of her neck as she did so. She landed on her knees, but couldn't seem to stand up. She was so very tired now... Her vision was starting to get a little slurred when she moved her head. The looked for Terran... Was he alright?

To think, all that energy just for one flower.
"T-the roses... Destroy the rose--"

The shadow's rose again. She was suddenly yanked backwards by her hair--she let out a yell of pain that was this time not silenced by a hand. The knife was pointed at her face now.

"I told you not to resist. Now you and your precious knight will pay dearly." it hissed.

---------------
OOC: Yeah, Terran's the white knight, I've decided. :D Congrads!

The Midnight Channel

OOC: Sweet... I get to be white! Well I'll post again in the morning when Im not to tired... night yall.

OOC2: I'm back and here is my post....

---------------------------------------

IC: Terran watched Alexa crushed one of the flowers and that gave Terran an idea. If he tried to crush any flower the knife would be in Liz's neck faster than he could imagine. This was dangerous. Terran had and idea suddenly though. He didn't want to do this, but in chess, sacrafice was the key. And Terran was going to let the black rook take him, the white knight. But he had to do one thing first. One thing that would make him exhuasted. He concentrated on the flowers he had just planted, still yet to bloom. He concentrated on them.

In front of Alexa's dorm window was the flower bed. Slowly, a some of the flowers bloomed. And as they bloom, they began to form words.

"Queen is most valuable. Second Knight always saves first Knight."

Terran then opened his eyes, ready to collapse. He his breathing had become choppy and he turned to Liz and the black rook. "Dont hurt Elizabeth. Take me instead. You could have the two most valuable pieces out already."

He smirked. "Fine." He poofed away from Liz and appeared next to Terran. Another one poofed next to Terran and grabbed his shoulder. "This has only bought you three a little more time. Terran is going to have alot of fun with us." He smiled evily, grabbing Terran's shoulder. He nodded to the other, and the three of them dissapeared. Leaving Liz, Tavish, and Naya to themselves.

-------------------------------------
OOC: I hope you know that the person Im refering to how also had been taken out was Bryan... at least, I think thats his name.

Last edited:

stickxkeyblade

Website
'No Terran, you idiot! What are you doing!?'

The 'Rook' as it was and the one with the knife near Liz both shifted over to Terran. But not before she felt something drop into her pocket. She couldn't explain it--just like everything else that seemed to be going on--but soon Terran was gone.

What had just happened? They took Terran. They'd taken the Knight... Knight for a Queen... Idiot. That stupid, stupid idiot. She looked glassily at the floor for a moment. Then she realized she was lying down on the floor. How did it happen so fast? Had she fallen? Yes, she must have collapsed... Idiot. Queen could move almost anywhere she wanted, but the King was the important piece. Terran had always sucked at chess.

Terran... He wasn't there. Where had he gone?

It was like her brain refused to reach a conclusion. Her body was going numb, lying there on the floor, it felt like there was just her and the hard surface. She reached into her pocket with those last bits of effort and pulled out...

A black Knight?
The only one that could have put that there was the shadow that’d just tried to kill her. What did it mean? Why wasn't it white? White Knight... Knight. Terran, where are you?

Her eyes closed and she recalled no more.

---------------
OOC: My character's out for a while. :D Feel free to advance other sides of the story (like the story coming to life! Spooky! :3) while we're out. X)

HeartofTwilight

Naya shuddered as she watched the shadows grow and slowly come to life. Her gaze froze as the black figures drew knives. She hardly noticed her own shadow slither up her leg. The cold was somethingindescribable. Gasping for air through the sudden shock of the chill, she saw one of the shadows hold a knife to Liz's thought. Naya's reaction was instinctual. She fell to her knees, curling in as to make sure none of her neck of vitals could be exposed. She shivered as the shade bent itself around her curled up body. She wanted to scream, but could not. "Etiam capillus unus habet umbram" The shadow whispered into Naya's ear with a raspy voice. ' Even one hair has a shadow,' it was a quote from Publilius Syrus. She tightened up even more. The shadow twirled around her neck. She was forced to raise it up and view the scene that was playing out. She tried to close her eyes, but some force held them open. She watched as Terran disappeared with two shadows. Tavish lay still on the floor. Liz was out of view, blocked by the door, but Naya could only imagine the shock and horror on her face, having a knife pointed at her multiple times.

The shadow pulled Naya up with unexpected strength. She stumbled and finally found her balance. The shadow stood beside her, ducking in and out of the area rightin front of her chest. It's hands, or whatever the strange creatures possessed were wrapped around her arms, her legs cemented to the floor by the sheer forceof the creature it seemed. The petals of the rose that had exploded all over Liz's room had not settled on the ground. They continued to float through the air, one flying with increasing speed towards Naya. She fought in vain to block the unnaturally colored petal before in sliced against her face. The warm drop of blood that followed felt strange against her skin that had been becoming increasingly cold.

"Help." The sound barley escaped as it got increasingly hard to breathe. There was no way anyone would have heard the cry.

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." It was another quote by the same author. 'It is foolish to fear that which you cannot avoid' Naya translated in her head. Suddenly something flashed before Naya's eyes. A knife. It seemed all of the strange shadow's had one. The next thing she felt was a sharp sting on her arm, near the inside of her elbow. A sharp sensation of pain ran down her arm. Just as with Bryan, the knife cut right next to, but not on, the major vein that ran down her harm. Her arm burned from the severed nerves and slowly began to numb. She could feel it throbbing with every heart beat. The shadow seemed to be moving to her other arm.

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards
Anthony had just woke up from a bad dream and had to gone to the bathroom to wash his face and get his thoughts together. "...That dream felt so real.." said Anthony to himself. Suddenly he heard something shatter in by his bedroom. "What was that?!" said Michael as he hurried to the bedroom. He searched for the item that shattered but found nothing "huh..thats strange". Suddenly he saw a shadow behind a curtain, Michael then said "Show yourself now!", the figure slightly stepped out but Michael couldnt see who it was because he didnt step to where the light was. The figure then said what he had read on the note he had found in his car.

We have outsmarted your brightest...

We have created a source...

The dense silence has become our weapon...

And the ever-growing fear has become our shield...

Softly did the shadows bloom as they whispered our name in fear...

With the power of the Eclipse, we shall awaken It...

With the power of the Abyss, we shall reach our destiny...

You have acted out against one of us, and now your going to pay with your life...

Anthony then hesitantly said "So..So your the one that sneeked in my car and put that letter!". "No..it was us!" responded the figure, and then stepped out of the shadow that revelead that he had a mask just like the one he had grabbed from the mysterious figure a few hours earlier.

"Us?! what are talking about?!" said Anthony, then more figures appeared out of the shadows and revealed more masked figures surrounding him. The Michael stayed on his guard as he prepared for an attack. But suddenly one of the masked figures had appeared from his back and grabbed his neck and ready to plunge a knife into his neck. But Anthony quickly saw his knife on the stand and focused his mind into the knife and levitated the object up and plunged it at the masked figure who was about to kill him with the knife. With Anthony free, he made a run for it as he was outnumbered. He heard the wounded masked figure yell "GET HIM!". He turned left and went thru a long hall, as he tried a way to lose them. He then found a shaft that was used to put clothes in that led to the laundry room. "Ok, here it goes!" said Anthony as he got inside and slided all the way down to the laundry room. He then heard them say "Where did he go?!, hmm...we might have a problem with this one..." and then left. "good i lost them, what next?" said Anthony reliefed...

HeartofTwilight

Naya heard nothing but complete silence as the shadows blade went for her leg instead of her other arm. She was getting light headed and the edges of her vision had started to fade into darkness. She saw Liz fall onto the carpeted floor of her room, though she was way past the point of being able to hear the thud. 'I am the only one left here' She suddenly realized. She began to panic. A second sering pain pierced her leg, causing her eyes to momentarily roll back. The wait of her messenger bag weighed her down more and more as she felt her blood spilling from her body. "This...this isn't how you did it to Bryan...why are you taking your time?" She managed to whisper to the shadow as she fell to her knees.

The creature hissed out a laugh. " Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim" This one Naya knew well. It was by Ovid and had been one of her high school teachers favorite justification for anything. 'Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.' The shadow's constant quoting was beginning to anger Naya, but there was nothing she could think to do. The shadow slid under and grabbed onto her other arm. The pain was no shock, but that did not make it hurt any less.

The pain was so extreme that Naya fell to the floor. Her bag flew over her head and once again her things were scattered. Through the blur of her vision, Naya caught the glint of her metal lighter. She suddenly had an idea, and she was probably upset enough to make it work. As the shadow was distracted carving her arm, Naya focused all the small amount of energy she had on that lighter. She could feel it rise and move towards her. Now was the hard part. Focus as she might on the mechanisms in the lighter that she knew quite well, it would not light.

The Shadow caught notice of the floating lighter and knocked it out of the air. The shadow stood tall and spoke, this time addressing Naya in English. "Foolish mortal. You try to defy the gods. Your warning has been given. What makes you think you are any better than they are?" The Shadow turned sightly to gesture towards the unmoving bodies of the others. Seeing her chance, Naya finally managed to swing her near-lifeless arm exactly right and grabbed the lighter. With all the might she had left, she flip off the lid and a fire appeared.

Instantly the shadow jumped off of her. Naya stumbled to her feet, still holding the lighter. "Fool" the shadow hissed again and dove towards Naya, who raised the lighter towards the creature. It seemed to be working. Naya backed away slowly holding up the light. When she had established a considerable distance, she turn and limped away as fast as she could manage, leaving a trail of blood from wounds. "Anyone..anyone," she breathed heavily. "Anyone...there..." She fell against a wall, and slid to theground. She could only hope that the next person to get to her is not another shadow.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Tavish slowly got up and saw Naya slumping to the ground holding a lighter. The shadows seemed to be weakening from it and he pulled out his own as the man who had attacked him before walked closer. He flicked it on..............the shadow man jumped back and hissed loudly. " No not another one!!! You can't stop us." The man said this while backing away. Soon it disappeared, but Tavish still looked around.

He rushed over to Naya who was bleeding from so wounds. They weren't that serious, but he took off his shirt and ripped it into cloth, so he could tie them around her cuts and abrasions. " Hey Naya are you alright?? Come on let's get out of here."

The Midnight Channel

Terran was engulfed in an abyss. He could not see anything. He could not hear anything. He couldn't use any of his sense's. Just his mind. And his soul, which was withering like flowers in the winter. He felt presure all around him, yet nothing at the same time. He could breathe, yet not as well.

"Well at least Elizabeth is safe. Thats all that matters right now. Tavish can protect her... for now at least. They just have to get to me. And I'll be okay.

Yet unknowing to Terran, he was in a far deeper trap than he knew. He wasn't trapped in darkness. He was trapped with in a giant white rose, held where the shadows dwelled, that he had created, subconciously, to protect him. And slowly, it was becoming black.

Slowly, the shadows were consuming him. And eventually, their second black knight would arrive, in full bloom.

Last edited:

HeartofTwilight

Barely conscious, Naya flinched when she heard a voice. She sighed with relief when she recognized is as Tavish's. She tried to protest as he bound the cuts, but she lacked the energy to talk more than she needed. She had decided to save her energy to find out what happened. "They...They don't like light...Like all shadows." She let out a weak laugh. It should have been obvious. They were the ones calling themselves by that name. What scared her about that is if light can scatter them, It can also make them bigger. "But we can't use it to fight them...Light creates them." She slump to the floor nursing a recently bandaged wound. She looked around at the hallway. It was lit from overhead, so the shadows were not too big. That was a relief, but there were placed with the lights on the walls, on the side. Those halls would cast huge shadows.

She turned to Tavish. "I think there is one place they cannot get us. There are no shadows in complete darkness." She paused. "Unless, of course the darkness is functions like a shadow itself, but i doubt it. Nothing casts the shadow of the darkness..." She thought for a moment, staring at the cut on her unbound arm. 'Just above the vitalvain, and just under the major artery...' Suddenly she had an idea. She had no idea is it was true, but it was an idea. " Tavish. I don't think these things want to kill us. They can't really. Shadows need someone to be a shadow of. If we die, maybe they will too. That is why they never attack to kill." She held out her arm and traced the vein and artery with her finger. "See?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back