• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So what exactly will i need to play "Unchained X"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NessPSI

I really wanted to play KHX but looks like it may not be on PC here in the west. :frown: Me and my brother dont know ANYTHING about smartphones and never had cell phones in our lives. I heard they cost a lot like 30$ per month which seems like a lot. On top of that i dont even know exactly what KH unchained X will even play on! Smartphone? Tablet? Iphone?
Which one will play it and would be the easiest and cheapest for two people who wont even use the phones for calling or texting. JUST for downloading the ONE game and playing it. Or is it even worth it all?

Yoloswagginsthes

Well playing it on PC is possible but you have to look up a guide on making a Japanese account on yahoo but everything will be in Japanese so an IPad or SmartPhone would be your best choice unless you wanna take a long time to learn Japanese.

NessPSI

I already tried that unfortunately. But i play soley for the story so i just couldnt get into it with everything japanese.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Once you get a smartphone, you usually never go back. You can use it for music, for keeping up with emails, for website browsing, reading, etc etc. I used to be pretty ambivalent to phones and I never call people but they are handy for emergencies (you really should have one, smartphone or not, just for that) and you will probably start using it more than you think you would just because it can do pretty much anything you need it to.

I use mine as a graphing calculator for classes and to record lectures as well. So there is that. I've also written papers and done quick presentations on it when my computer broke down on me a month ago.

You will need any device that can run the latest versions of iOS or Android OS (most likely), so iPhone 5c and up or an iPad or any Android-supported device be it phone or tablet.

$30 is ridiculously cheap! Unless you're not in the states then I'm not certain what your currency is like.

Under a contract, you can get a phone starting at $0 and upwards to $300 if you want a really fancy phone.

You'll want to talk to a person at a phone store about the intricacies with that, though. You'll usually have to pay something like a contract fee when you start a plan, though. Companies also have non-contract deals so look into that as well, but you'll also have some limitations...Yeah. Visit a phone store for this stuff.

I believe it is very important to have a smartphone or any phone just for your safety (what if you get stranded somewhere or are in an accident or see somebody in an accident or are in a dangerous situation or a natural disaster...)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Um Spock; I'm hoping myself that Android Jellybean (that's 2 versions back; the ones after were Kitkat and Lolipop; Google tends to name their major versions after candy) will run this okay. That is usually the case, after all I got this phone last year. I've had no trouble running apps at all so far (including the most recent versions of what I have), so I doubt I'll have trouble, tho I figure (hopefully when things get better!) I'll end up upgrading. You are right tho, once you get a smartphone, you don't go back.

Also mind this is in a pinch you can look up either Andy or Bluestacks (android emulators), but you may not be a happy gamer; Touch controls do not always translate to mouse/kb/joypad very well. It depends on the app/game. We'll have to see if it's emulator friendly.

NessPSI

Um Spock; I'm hoping myself that Android Jellybean (that's 2 versions back; the ones after were Kitkat and Lolipop; Google tends to name their major versions after candy) will run this okay. That is usually the case, after all I got this phone last year. I've had no trouble running apps at all so far (including the most recent versions of what I have), so I doubt I'll have trouble, tho I figure (hopefully when things get better!) I'll end up upgrading. You are right tho, once you get a smartphone, you don't go back.

Also mind this is in a pinch you can look up either Andy or Bluestacks (android emulators), but you may not be a happy gamer; Touch controls do not always translate to mouse/kb/joypad very well. It depends on the app/game. We'll have to see if it's emulator friendly.
Ive used Bluestacks sometimes so im okay witgh that. Although isnt Unchained X an MMO? I thought Emulators couldnt play MMO's.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
Funny enough, my subscription just ended on my old phone. Which means I can either stick with the phone and plan I have now with a big chunk of the monthly costs gone permanently. Or I can pick a brand new phone with a different plan or the same plan for more or less the same fee, depending on the phone.

Here in the Netherlands the plans are ranging from 10 to 60 bucks a month, all depending on the plan and phone. You'd just have to figure out what you like best. Sadly, they scrapped the unlimited MB part of the plan, which I still have. So I just need to keep mine to be happy. I'm planning on getting a Samsung S4 this time though.

Also, not sure how it's done where you live, but if you're planning to get Unchained and make in-app purchases, you'd have to link a credit card or bank account to your phone account. Personally I'd always advice against that, but I've never made in-app purchases and will never do so either.

Then the difference between a tablet and phone is that a phone is more portable so you could play anywhere. But a tablet does not need a plan if you only play at home. Just connect to wifi and you're set. Tablet screens are bigger obviously, which probably makes it easier. However they are more expensive to buy straight away. So check if you want a smartphone with a plan first and what that'll cost. It's really a personal choice, whether or not you like a smartphone and if the money is worth it all.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Ness; that isn't always the case. As long as you have a cc attached to the Google account and the touch controls aren't horrible to use with a mouse, it should work. I know some people played FFXI on Linux with a emulator, so yes it can work.

And since this is the same company that made FFXI, you'd better believe that emulator is a possibility.

NessPSI

Alright thanks! Although i just hope my PC can run it. It can run things like, lets say Candy crush great, but when i start playing higher quality games it starts to lag a bit. surely considering KHX uses a 2D kind of design similar Candy crush itle be pretty smooth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back