• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So what exactly is the moral of this whole game? Forgivness, choosing compassion over anger?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

lol i think its best put in the game---> Ansem: All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it, grows, consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came. You see, darkness is the heart's true essence.
Sora: That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!

and... Sora:"The darkness may destroy my body, but it can't touch my heart."

and... Sora:"I don't need a weapon, my friends are my power!"

and btw, when HS says things arent themes, thats because themes are ideas and sentences. what youre saying are themes are actually motifs

State

Awards
the moral is:
draw characters with zippers and retcon a story and you're automatically famous!

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Because it crams so many elements and archetypes into it, the moral or meaning of Kingdom Hearts is pretty much a pick-and-choose one. It's really what appeals to you, because there's not really enough definition or major presence to each aspect. Kind of like Casablanca, but not as good.

Skyus_solstice

what i learned in kh..
1. it's perfectly safe to sit on the edge of a clock tower and eat ice cream
2. its not so hard to go to outer space, you just need a save point
3. its ok to whack anyone with a metalic pipe..

now where's that save point? gotta go to moon to rule all planets

Ikkin

Bronze Member
The whole, simple, lightness = good and darkness = evil was alright until KH2 came along and made everything all convoluted.

I don't know. There's so many interesting things with characterization they couldn't do if they left "light = good, darkness = evil" the way it was.

The idea of Kingdom Hearts having a moral mostly amuses me at this point, though. Mostly because it's steeped in about ten layers of "interpret this however you want," and tends towards the development of flawed-but-still-good human characters at the expense of basically everything else.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Many themes/messages/morals are "interpret this however you want" anyway, so, I don't see why that would bother anything.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I think it is friendship and that everything is connected.
Also Destiny and Fate or light and darkness.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I think it is friendship and that everything is connected.
Also Destiny and Fate or light and darkness.
Out of the things you listed, only "everything is connected" is even close to being a theme.
Everything else is a motif.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
geez no need to be a grammar nazi,lol.but kh's theme is definitely not:light=good,darkness=bad............definitely NOT
That's not Grammar.
Did no one pay attention in English Class? Themes/Messages cannot be a single word, they have to be a universal idea. Things like Friendship, Connections, etc. are motifs, not themes.

Vixx

Is there even a moral to the story? just want to know what everybody thinks

Nearly everything has a moral, I believe each character teaches you a different moral, what i learned from riku is be careful what you wish for, I didnt really know what sora or kairi were trying to teach me, maybe roxas was trying to teach me whats on the inside is what counts eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back