• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So what exactly is the moral of this whole game? Forgivness, choosing compassion over anger?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyK

It's a JRPG, the moral is to beat shit up with trippy flashing lights.

Nah in all honestly, I'd say there are a few themes. Friendship obviously, loyalty, forgivness (forgiving Riku), love.. all of those disney cliche. Whatever the opposite to revenge is (DiZ), theres more I just cbf remembering, but they all follow that pattern.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Which game are we talking about? The KH Series overall seems to be that you should connect with the people around you and form bonds because they are what is going to get you through whatever troubles life throws at you.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i think there was.....then kh2 came out and nomura sold his soul to SE to continue a series that use to have potentional.

ZiggyK

Not to mention that "Even though you may forget, the memories themselves will never dissapear".

Nomura's shoved that down our throats with everygame but the original.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
i think there was.....then kh2 came out and nomura sold his soul to SE to continue a series that use to have potentional.
whinewhinewhine.

Should be noted that, technically, a theme can't be one word, either.

Not to mention that "Even though you may forget, the memories themselves will never dissapear".

Nomura's shoved that down our throats with everygame but the original.
That was also in the original.

Slanzr5000

Which game are we talking about? The KH Series overall seems to be that you should connect with the people around you and form bonds because they are what is going to get you through whatever troubles life throws at you.

That makes sense. Just how its important to keep your friends close to your heart cause they'll always help you get you by kinda thing

Slanzr5000

It's a JRPG, the moral is to beat shit up with trippy flashing lights.

Nah in all honestly, I'd say there are a few themes. Friendship obviously, loyalty, forgivness (forgiving Riku), love.. all of those disney cliche. Whatever the opposite to revenge is (DiZ), theres more I just cbf remembering, but they all follow that pattern.

Yeah. i've just started to play the KH series starting with KH1 and after Travere Town its starting to mention all of those things in every world. if you're into listening to that type of stuff all the time its fine, but i think they can back off it for a little while

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No it wasn't. Memories weren't introduced into the game before CoM
"As long as you don’t forget about Neverland, that is."
"Sora, don’t forget… We shall always be here."
"Although my heart may be weak, it’s not alone. It’s grown with each new experience, and it’s found a home with all the friends I’ve made. I’ve become a part of their heart just as they’ve become a part of mine. And if they think of me now and then...if they don’t forget me...then our hearts will be one."
"As I stumbled through the dark, I started forgetting things—my friends, who I was."
"I didn’t want to just forget about you, Sora. I couldn’t."
"Don’t ever forget"
"I cannot forget the look on his face."
"Maybe we’re missing some ingredients. Let’s try adding memory."
"Sally’s got the memory we need."
"All we need now is your memory."
"Emotion, memory... We put in all the necessary ingredients. What else do you need to make a heart?"
"We may never meet again, but we’ll never forget each other."
"Besides, I couldn’t forget you even if I wanted to."

Yes, memories played a part in KH1 too, it just wasn't as much of an acting plot device.
Still there though.

Slanzr5000

"Although my heart may be weak, it’s not alone. It’s grown with each new experience, and it’s found a home with all the friends I’ve made. I’ve become a part of their heart just as they’ve become a part of mine. And if they think of me now and then...if they don’t forget me...then our hearts will be one."
"As I stumbled through the dark, I started forgetting things—my friends, who I was."
"Don’t ever forget"
"Emotion, memory... We put in all the necessary ingredients. What else do you need to make a heart?"

Yes, memories played a part in KH1 too, it just wasn't as much of an acting plot device.
Still there though.

Except for the third, tenth, and eleventh those are all just taken out of context man.

**taken out of context to prove you point

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Except for the third, tenth, and eleventh those are all just taken out of context man.

**taken out of context to prove you point
lol nothing is taken out of context to prove my point. Forgetting is about forgetting. Remembering is about remembering. They all refer to the act of having or holding memories. Meaning that, yes, the idea of memories being important was in KH1 too, it just wasn't brought up to the surface until the later games, and become actual plot devices/points.

Slanzr5000

lol nothing is taken out of context to prove my point. Forgetting is about forgetting. Remembering is about remembering. They all refer to the act of having or holding memories. Meaning that, yes, the idea of memories being important was in KH1 too, it just wasn't brought up to the surface until the later games, and become actual plot devices/points.

well..alright. ill agree with you on that. i guess memorys did kinda serve as a backstory. sort of the meaning behind the meaning of KH1

ZiggyK

"Don’t ever forget"

Still there though.

Yeah I meant as an active plot device :S

It can be argued that memories are in anything. And a lot of that is taken out of context. And it doesn't link directly to what I said before, "We may forget, but the memories will still be there". Just because a quote has the word 'forget' or 'memory' in it doesn't make it relevant.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Yeah I meant as an active plot device :S

It can be argued that memories are in anything. And a lot of that is taken out of context. And it doesn't link directly to what I said before, "We may forget, but the memories will still be there". Just because a quote has the word 'forget' or 'memory' in it doesn't make it relevant.
I meant that the idea behind that quote was still in the original game. Heck, KH1 even goes about saying that memories are an important part of the heart.

Slanzr5000

I meant that the idea behind that quote was still in the original game. Heck, KH1 even goes about saying that memories are an important part of the heart.

so you think that just because a character said the word forget or memory in a sentance means that Because he/she said those words that it MUST have something to do with the meaning of the game? not the main plot, but the meaning?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
so you think that just because a character said the word forget or memory in a sentance means that Because he/she said those words that it MUST have something to do with the meaning of the game? not the main plot, but the meaning?
lol and now you are taking -my- comments out of context.

Let's just gravitate back toward the themes of the games (which aren't really "meanings").
Another one Nomura has said was along the lines of "You don't need to be special to do great things, but if you connect yourself to many people you will reveal your hidden potential."

Slanzr5000

lol and now you are taking -my- comments out of context.

Let's just gravitate back toward the themes of the games (which aren't really "meanings").
Another one Nomura has said was along the lines of "You don't need to be special to do great things, but if you connect yourself to many people you will reveal your hidden potential."

alright. so that still goes along with friendship, teamwork, love..that kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back