• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So what do you think about riding keyblades?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I actually like the idea. I don't really care that they are keyblades, but the vehicles look awesome. Especially Ven's.

But I'm going to agree with what some other people commented and say that Aqua's vehicle is kinda stupid. The whole bow-and-arrow thing just took the "transforming keyblade" idea too far for me. And it looks really weird too.

Karn1254

I actually think its really cool, I mean whether you like the designs of the vehicles or not I think there's something to be said for the way combat is conducted while riding the keyblade. It's fast, frenetic and exciting, like how the battles in the worlds are. this makes sense because even though the gummi segments in KH2 were much improved on from KH1 reviewers and gamers still felt like it was really removed from the action, so Nomura seems to be trying to make the traveling as entertaining as the rest of the combat but still unique. I think it will be a lot of fun and a good turn for the KH series. However... Nomura is having this weird vehicle trend like with the keyblade and the summons turning into vehicles in FF13, kinda like when he got all magical clothes happy with FFX-2 and KH2 XD.

Oh and we all did sort of know this was coming right? When you fight Terra in Final Mix+ his keyblade turns into all kinds of things, including a bike and a bow. (don't know about a board)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I like it, but I agree with what other people said. Aqua's thing looks ridiculous. But the overall idea is interesting and better than the gummi ship in some situations (since Sora's gotten himself stranded a few times because he only had the ship as transportation).

zhill05

I kind of think that it would make an intersting way of traveling from one world to another. Though I have a feeling that there will be a huge downfall in using the keyblades as a form of transportation. One being that in one clip ven is knocked off of his keyblade rather easily from trying to communicate with Stitch while in outer space. Hopefully they won't be a means of transportation if the characters can be knocked off so easily. Since in KH1 & KH2 the gummi ships were used, and the portals of darkness were used in KHDays, I am kind of looking forward to a new method of traveling from one world to another.

skatenerd

idk it doesnt sound like a great idea but not the worst idea ever. in fact i think its pretty funny. but that makes me wonder why couldnt sora ride his? like wouldit be a secret or attatchment or what?

zero123

Maybe it's cause Sora doesn't know shiz 'bout his keyblade like they do :p
They did have a master after all.

khlover7

I might return
This...I compare the idea of riding a keyblade to Link surfing on the master sword.If they kept the whole design of the vehicle, but it wasn't a keyblade, it would look/be ok I guess.

When did this happen?

I think your idea came from the trailer, it would be interesting.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I like the Idea its new and exciting much better than that BS of a gummi ship (Who came up with that retarded idea anyway)

A

Audo

I like the Idea its new and exciting much better than that BS of a gummi ship (Who came up with that retarded idea anyway)
The same person who came up with the retarded idea of riding a hunk of metal that usually acts like a sword.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
This is quite a wierd idea. I don't see how it's going to work since Keyblades are not used for vehicle.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
It's odd, but I think Ill enjoy it. ;D

It's odd: Ive always been fond of the Gummi Ships in KH1 and KH2. I'm fine with the idea.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
i think it is disrespectful towards your weapon..

it should be a sacred tool.. especially since it's a keyblade! and be used to save the worlds..but then they also use it for their personal gain by using it as like a flying craft :I

skatenerd

maybe we should just all be thankful we dont have to hitchhike to all the worlds?

the other thing from what i saw is that you will be able to fight while flying which is a big step up from your lasers on the gummi ship [which was fun dont get me wrong] but i think it will be fun but the concept of riding a keyblade isnt smart.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Heres another intresting idea do you think they'll bring back riding on your keyblade in KH3

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
I guess they're trying to be innovative with this new concept since some people didn't like the idea of fighting heartless in a Gummi Ship. I was fine with it, but at times it did get a bit repetitive. Now, riding a Keyblade? I would like to say that it sounds 'uber cool' but its kind of strange :D But hey! Maybe it'll turn out to be an awesome feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back