• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So we get a kairi render, could she be playable but in mom form

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
the old engine for kh is called luminous engine. they remade kh3 kairi in luminous engine. could she be playable in the mom music form?

Attachments

• Kairi.jpg
    Kairi.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 2

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
it was aslo used for kh. google it

Kingdom Hearts was never developed on Luminous Engine. KH3 was meant to be made on it but they never did and instead ported their rough groundwork from Direct X11 to Unreal Engine.

The engine most past KH games were made on is an unnamed custom engine.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Kairi's new render must be used in game. All the cutscenes are using Unreal Engine right? So the render must be gameplay related.

My guess is Kairi is either a unlockable character with her own team, A 4th party member like Mickey who you can summon to help, used in the final boss fight song, and/or she will be a surprise third playable Co-op character in Co-op mode. I'm hoping she has a walking little sprite too it would be so adorable.

She definitely gotta be playable since as mentioned, the new cutscenes are going to be in UE4. I don't see them making new cutscenes in the old style, so if not that, it's gotta be gameplay-related IMO. The question is, in what capacity? I'm thinking we'll at least play as her for the final boss song, but I'm also hoping she'll be unlocked for all songs after beating the game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeeeeeahhh Luminous was not the engine Kingdom Hearts was developed on. It was meant to be used for Kingdom Hearts 3 after testing was done on Unreal Engine 3, but development ceased and transferred to Unreal Engine 4 in October 2014.

The engine used for Kingdom Hearts - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was an internal engine used at the company, but it wasn’t Luminous.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm guessing they're going old school gaming and making Kairi an unlockable character. I hope so, it would give some incentive to beat the game and/or do additional tasks to get a bonus character to play as.

Or possibly that's for the final boss fight against the hooded character?

Awards
Yeeeeeahhh Luminous was not the engine Kingdom Hearts was developed on. It was meant to be used for Kingdom Hearts 3 after testing was done on Unreal Engine 3, but development ceased and transferred to Unreal Engine 4 in October 2014.

The engine used for Kingdom Hearts - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was an internal engine used at the company, but it wasn’t Luminous.
I believe BBS was made on the engine used for Crisis Core

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I believe BBS was made on the engine used for Crisis Core
My b, wasn’t aware of that! Thought it was developed on the same engine as 2 since they had graphics on the same scale as KH2 at the start (which lead people to believe it was originally a PS2 title), and developed Re:CoM in the middle.

Back