• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, wait...what is the connection between the DTD and the Hollow Bastion Keyhole?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Now, we all know "Ansem"/Xehanort incidentally summoned what could be seen as the Door To Darkness in Radiant Garden, but how was the connection established? The way I see it, Radiant Garden, radiant as it is, is simply another world. How would that world's keyhole be so closely connected to the Door to Darkness and the Princesses?

Unless Radiant Garden is effectively the center of the Realm of Light?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: So, wait.....what is the connection between the DTD and the Hollow Bastion Keyhole?

I think it was just because that's where Ansem/Xehanort had prepared everything. I think the gathering would have opened the keyhole and that keyhole would lead to the end of the world regardless of where they were gathered, it just happened to be at Hollow Bastion's facilities. I don't recall Nomura specifying though.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: So, wait.....what is the connection between the DTD and the Hollow Bastion Keyhole?

Hollow Bastion or rather Radiant Garden is what MX refers to in his bbs reports as "the capital of light" so it seems to hold a bigger purpose than just some "simple other world".
The Princesses are what summons and opens the DTD, bring them together and as you seen in kh1 it both forms the keyhole and the means to open it.
The particular keyhole we seen was formed from the PoH so whether it was the worlds actual keyhole or a special one is something I've always been unsure of.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

It'd be interesting and confusing if it were some special keyhole. It certainly makes sense for the raised stakes.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I think it's possible for it to be a special keyhole, it is what allowed Ansem to open the DTD and it needs the 7 PoH to form it.

Red Nova

The "Final Keyhole" is not the true Keyhole of RG. The real Keyhole is in the basement, possibly located in the same area as the evil machine from EoTW or Ansem's office from KHII. The Final Keyhole is an artificial one created by Maleficent, being manipulated by Master Xehanort. This is heavily implied in DDD.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^Exactly though I woldn't regard the final keyhole as "artificial" because it is the keyhole to the DTD itself which makes it very much real in it's own right.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
You can bet the real Keyhole to Radiant Garden was experimented on by Xehanort.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I see. And i guess RG being a world where light was strongest would have something to do with why it was chosen for the site of the final keyhole?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I see. And i guess RG being a world where light was strongest would have something to do with why it was chosen for the site of the final keyhole?

If it was truly the capital of light then it may not be that they chose to but that they had to. It could be that the final keyhole can only be formed in that location.

Gram

Banned
Awards
If you think about it Radiant Gardan/Hollow Bastions importance can be further backed up by the fact that until Apprenticnort opened its door, the heartless couldn't enter the realm of light.
It was only after opening the door and causing the main barrier to fall [which was seen as a meteor shower not only on RG but the Destiny Islands as well] that the pureblood heartless began to invade.

Each world has their own set of walls but it would seem there was a bigger one blocking the realm of darkness from light that was centered on RG/HB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back