• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

so this bill passed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
^Where did you get that information because if it's true that's crazy

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Welp I'm gonna be taking a train to Canada soon. Who wants in?

my iPhone has been asking me that for weeks. then last week the locations icon was on when I have all location services turned off. o_________o
Actually, if you're using Android or BlackBerry phones, theres software called "Carrier IQ" which forcibly tracks you. You can try and turn it off but it will never turn off.

That's probably why you can't turn the location services off. If you mean your iPhone, well shit... I have one too. :v

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
This bill is bull crap.
Just, what the hell?

Actually, if you're using Android or BlackBerry phones, theres software called "Carrier IQ" which forcibly tracks you. You can try and turn it off but it will never turn off.

That's probably why you can't turn the location services off. If you mean your iPhone, well shit... I have one too. :v

Except for Verizon iPhones, actually. It's only Sprint and AT&T iPhones, from what I've heard, that have Carrier IQ on them

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
First SOPA, now this.
Congress has far too much free time on their hands if they keep looking for ways such as this to chisel away at Americans' given freedoms.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
First SOPA, now this.
Congress has far too much free time on their hands if they keep looking for ways such as this to chisel away at Americans' given freedoms.

Pizza is a vegetable. Yep, they definitely have too much time on their hands. Seems like there is a "stupefy-fatten-restrict" thing going on.

Awards
Such a large majority... Well, we can hope that they won't abuse this bill if it passes. Then again, we shouldn't have to HOPE they don't abuse their power. Something like this is just going to cause a lot of fear and paranoia.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Except for Verizon iPhones, actually. It's only Sprint and AT&T iPhones, from what I've heard, that have Carrier IQ on them

That may be true. I have heard it told however that the same company makes similar software for other devices anyway. So who knows. I haven't looked too far into the subject apart from a few articles on Wired.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Pizza is a vegetable. Yep, they definitely have too much time on their hands. Seems like there is a "stupefy-fatten-restrict" thing going on.

I wonder how this will collide with Michelle Obama and her blatant opposition to the fatten part.

Gram

Banned
Awards
-_- what....the hell......has america really fell so low in the bonking political/stupidity toilet!? Canada expect my arrival!!!!!!!!!!!
this country is on its way to being even worse than sh#t now *awaits police to bust in window for this post*

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I'd suggest you all move to Canada, but... let's face it. Stephen Harper has a massive hardon for all things American. We're more and more like you guys all the time. Moving up here seems to me like postponing the inevitable. :\

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Wait, was this bill just passed in Congress? Or has it actually been made law? Because even though I'm disturbed that this law would even be considered in Congress, it still technically isn't law until the President signs it, which I really doubt he will. And even if that happens the Supreme Court would be all over this. The U.S. government can be pretty stupid, but they're not that stupid. At least I like to think/hope so.

>President vetoes
>Congress overrules with a 2/3 majority
>Up to Supreme Court to decide

Usually, the SC knows what's up, but we'll see.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Hm, should look for those tickets to Canada...

This pretty much just shows Congress isn't fit to lead this country anywhere. Hope Obama can work some kind of magic to kill this bill dead.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Hm, should look for those tickets to Canada...

This pretty much just shows Congress isn't fit to lead this country anywhere. Hope Obama can work some kind of magic to kill this bill dead.

If I could work magic just by saying "No," perhaps I could be President of the United States too '3'

I'm expecting (meaning this god damn shit better be gotten rid of) this dribbling nonsense to go under the political bridge, unless Congress is nothing but a bunch of stupid, old, paranoid farts who have forgotten most people would rather live their lives in some sort of security (then again, Congress is stupid enough to conjure this babbling loony tune); the same people who make up the (mostly) tax-paying voters who get these foolish morons elected. Really, Congress? It's the near-exact opposite of the usually viewed America.

DarkRiku-12

I would not be suprised if they took this WAY overboard and started arresting people who even have 'un american' tags in their posts. Like, if you even mention arson, guns or terrorism in a twitter post, then they would just arrest you, not even look at the whole post, but just arrest you... time to grab my ice skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back