• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

so this bill passed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraXVen

You're kidding me right? You do know the Patriot Act is still intact, right? And that it was confirmed that people who weren't even suspicious of terrorist activity were still wire tapped?

No way are we more sophisticated. You obviously haven't traversed in the less liberal parts of the internet.

Ok you may be right about the sophistication thing. I know that some aspects of the Partriot Act were extended, and whether or not I think the act is wrong is irrelevant in my point. I'm just saying that there is a huge leap from wire tapping to assassination.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Come to Canada, one and all.

But yeah, I smell major political shifts in the next couple of years and months. Hopefully resulting in the people getting back their power/demonstrating it but revolutions are so naturally bloody that I can't say I'm hoping for one. Just for some policy shifts in the right direction.
I could get used to snow....

But seriously, this is a blatant disregard to the constitution. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but this basically means that if the government sees you as a threat, they can just spirit you away? Fuck.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Pretty sure it's the supreme courts job to make sure things like this are constitutional(which it isn't) so that could be a road block.

And there is no damn way Obama won't veto this. AND this is likely misunderstood in the actual details of the bill which most people didn't bother to read I imagine.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Probably a matter of time until we all see a major uprising that leads to a new "civil war" so-to-speak.

DarkRiku-12

Come to Canada, one and all.

But yeah, I smell major political shifts in the next couple of years and months. Hopefully resulting in the people getting back their power/demonstrating it but revolutions are so naturally bloody that I can't say I'm hoping for one. Just for some policy shifts in the right direction.

Oh fuck it, I'll LEARN to love hockey! Off I go to Canada!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
*while googling more info about this from my iPhone*
"Would you like to allow *URL* to use your current location?"

Dear God, it's begun.

my iPhone has been asking me that for weeks. then last week the locations icon was on when I have all location services turned off. o_________o

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I don't even want to talk about this really; don't want to say the wrong thing.

moonstar_xo

Wait, was this bill just passed in Congress? Or has it actually been made law? Because even though I'm disturbed that this law would even be considered in Congress, it still technically isn't law until the President signs it, which I really doubt he will. And even if that happens the Supreme Court would be all over this. The U.S. government can be pretty stupid, but they're not that stupid. At least I like to think/hope so.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Wait, was this bill just passed in Congress? Or has it actually been made law? Because even though I'm disturbed that this law would even be considered in Congress, it still technically isn't law until the President signs it, which I really doubt he will. And even if that happens the Supreme Court would be all over this. The U.S. government can be pretty stupid, but they're not that stupid. At least I like to think/hope so.

The fact that they're trying to keep this as secret as possible automatically means that this is serious and is probably intention-ed to become a law. I really don't doubt that it will become a law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back