• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So this AFRICAN AMERICAN walks into a movie theatre.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
So I went to see a movie tonight (Iron Man for the 2nd time, don't hate). About 25 minutes in, a guy walks in with what I suspect was either his kid or his younger brother and sits down in the row in front of me. For literally, the entire duration of the movie, he's squirming around back and forth, talking to his kid, laughing uncontrollably and yelling at Robert Downey Jr. At one point I had enough, so I kicked him in the back of his seat and asked him to kindly shut the hell up. He then turns around and stares at me for at least 15 minutes going on about how he can do what he wants in his lovely non-comprehendible accent, and of course the usual "wot wot wot wot's". His level of aggressiveness towards my (kind) request almost had me scared that he'd bust a cap right there in the theatre. Of course with that witty statement I'm trying to clarify that he's black, which brings me to my point.

Why is it that nearly everywhere I go, the people that seem to affect my daily life in a negative way the most, are all foreign? Whether they're Turkish, Maroccan (the two most common immigrants in my immediate surroundings) or 'African-American', it seems that often when it comes to annoying me in an every day situation, foreigners prove to be most capable. Whether it's just their annoying accents, their apparent lack of integration when it comes to language and such, their behaviour in public places and their way of treating other people; a lot of immigrants annoy.

Am I the only one with such experiences, or is it simply bad luck on my part? Is behaviour like the above the result of their upbringing, or lack thereof? Do foreign immigrants one way or another feel that they have to put up a tough front? Or am I just a spiteful racist in denial?

Discuss.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Re: So this nigger walks into a movie theatre.

Catchy title....asshole =D

Although, Since my mom is mexican and my dad is black I guess I have a double whammy. But what really pisses me off is my mom's accent. It kinda gets to the point where I literally have to block her voice from my head. Then she gets to cussing me out in spanish...ugh.

At first, I thought that this thread was going to be about a joke. lol.

But, really, there is no need for the behavior of that guy. I mean, seriously, why?

Other than that, I have no opinion on the subject.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

I have to tell you, i try not to be raceist, i try not to judge, but what you say is true almost anywhere i see foreigners. 3 mexicans go to my school, they think they are the best people in the world. 1 of them tries to make fun of me and my friends, calling us poor, because we dont wear american eagle and old navy, we wear band shirts(ex. linkin park) and i wear some bleach shirts. he said wearing bleach shirts automatically means i shop only at goodwill and we're poor as $%&*. hate to tell him, ive never been to goodwill, i shop at hot topic. and finally (please, nobody be offended), every single black person i ever met was a show-off **** that thought they were better than everyone. I cant wait to meet a black person that acts like a civilized person(ive met some on the internet, but i mean face to face)

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

I was about to say cultural differences, then you said black guy. Then it is just you met an asshole. I get the same treatment. But I just think its because I'm white =\. Some Mexicans are the same way, but I live in South California and just deal. But yeah, cultural differences. Only applies to some foreigners. To the rest, major ****s.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards

Some Europeans especially tend to have little respect for personal space and often aren't very considerate in terms of behaving in public. I went to a restaurant in London to have a shit ton of tourists putting their arms right in front of my face and things like that. Also, going to the cinema can be hell :/

T

Tyler Durden

While it's probably just because of the sense of entitlement that anyone that isn't a young adult white male seems to have these days, your case seems to be one of the more annoying I've come across. Just ask yourself what Jesus would do.

in b4 light him on fire and send him to hell

and yes I did that just to make a joke

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards

Uh, I'm Mexican. >:

But I agree. Other know-it-all Mexicans and such piss me off.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

yeah i'm jamaican and puerto rican but i dont have an accent or anything. Now as for my grandparents......it gets hard to understand

but in the sense, everybody is about the same. I've met allot of why ppl who were stuck up

a lot of arrogant black ppl

a lot threatening mexicans, who threaten for no reason

and of course Russians and etc who try to act tough all the time

Everybody seems to follow the certain stereotypes that go around, as if the stereotypes are so strong that they have to act that way, otherwise their is an indifference. For instance, if you catch a black person listening to country, everyone gets wierded out or say omg, your not black. Then you have a white person listening to rap, and everyone's like omg! its a wigger. Really the world is stupified with allot of (isms). Even the thread title is racist, and ill admit that everyone is a little racist no matter what.

Of course you have to be a complete idiot to think that if you kick someones chair and tell them to kindly shut the hell up, that they wouldn't turn around and look angry at you. He was acting irrationally towards a movie, you were acting irrationally over his annoyance, he was acting irrationally towards your response and confronted you, then you ran to the comp. to tell the story with what you most likely wouldn't have said in front of him unless you were bold

but it doesn't matter because if the world ever does come to an end, then we can all think about how much time we wasted on these irrational racist convo's

Last edited:
T

Tyler Durden

I think he was justified in telling him to shut the hell up, mainly because it's ridiculous to talk through most of a movie.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

Well considering this thread, the title is well, how do I say it? Offensive but I know how you feel. There are people who aren't perfect and there are different kind of people like that. Yeah, some foreigners seem that way but if your looking at all the mexicans and etc., then that's not techincally true, the ones around my house aren't like what some describe them to be, they could be different you know? Not everybody's the same but yeah the movie theater situation, that was offensive and sorry to hear that happen to you.

.Oji

赤いテキスト

When it comes to ignorant, crass, egoistical assclowns like the one you depicted -- I don't care how disparaging the term is, they are acting like niggas. The very term which some of my friends (and myself) find offensive is the term which describes the person you've encountered perfectly. I don't necessarily blame them for acting that way, it's just society today is B.S. People are seemingly losing their morality as the days pass by and it's all because of the influence society have over them.

I see it everyday and it disgusts me to see just how sickeningly deprived some people are.

T

Tyler Durden

also notice how the only people that give a shit about the term 'nigger' are white people

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com

niggas be trippin.

Here where I live, South Cali. you got your annoying latinos and annoying blacks.
I myself am an immigrant in that I moved to the US when I was 5, but no one in my family is annoying or disrespectful because our parents kept us in check.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

the only immigrants i have problems with are native americans. they need to go back to where they came from. srsly!

T

Tyler Durden

That was not funny at all.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

some black ppl are offended by the word while on the other hand my white friends say "hey what's up my nigga". It doesn't offend me at all cause we all make racist cracks at eachother. An asian friend was like "you niggers and your'e chicken" and as a preview of indiana jones came on, i was like "did you get so ugly that they had to replace you with his son"

Oji. is right though. When a black person starts acting so ignorant, then the term nigga is exactly what they represent. Aint to many role models in the world either. And as far as justifying ourselves, if all it comes down to is harsh or racist remarks then we obviously aren't doing a thing to change the world. Instead of being angry about a situation like this we should try changing it by talking to some intelligent and content ppl of the specific race that annoy you and such. Of course we all know how unlikely that would happen

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards

nigga_please.jpg

Nigga, plz. Well, we all know this is true. People like that annoy me, a lot. And you know, they'll never be intelligent enough to look on the internet and read up on a reality check. People are just disrespectful, that's all. The dude in front of you probably didn't have parents who taught him manners. I feel like I'm probably one of the only people in the world who learned manners and etiquette when I was growing up. My theory is that the foreigners feel so out of place that they have to convince themselves that they OWN the place in order to survive in life.

Have you noticed fat chicks do the same? They try to act like they're the hottest damn chicks around. This one time in high school I walked in the bathroom to do business of course, I passed by this incredibly fat chick who was staring in the mirror and said out loud, "DAMN, I look GOOD!" and gave herself that "You sexy beast, you!" glare in the mirror. She hated every chick skinnier than her, which was everyone in school. :D

the only immigrants i have problems with are native americans. they need to go back to where they came from. srsly!

Man, don't say that. because I LIVE where they are from. Honestly, the majority of Native Americans I knew when I moved to OKlahoma were all prejudiced against White people, VERY prejudiced. I couldn't even begin to tell you all the shit I saw that Native Americans did. Plus, OKlahoma gives them benefits that white people don't get, which gives them even more of an ego boost.

Thankfully I changed to a school that was NOT predominately Native American. And now at a University there are hardly any. Hooray. No offense if you're Native American, I've just hardly met any who weren't prejudiced and stuck up.

Ryu

an obscene gesture

Zangetsu said:
Catchy title....asshole =D

Thanks, I knew it'd grab people's attention.

Adamus said:
Of course you have to be a complete idiot to think that if you kick someones chair and tell them to kindly shut the hell up, that they wouldn't turn around and look angry at you. He was acting irrationally towards a movie, you were acting irrationally over his annoyance, he was acting irrationally towards your response and confronted you, then you ran to the comp. to tell the story with what you most likely wouldn't have said in front of him unless you were bold

Actually what I did was argue with the guy, but I found out after a minute or two he wasn't open to a rational straight forward conversation, so I ignored him afterwards. And I don't care if he gets pissed off, he has the right to be annoyed when I kick him. But don't lecture me on rationality, he was being a pain not only to me but to everyone else as well.

Regardless, it was just an example.

Adamus said:
but it doesn't matter because if the world ever does come to an end, then we can all think about how much time we wasted on these irrational racist convo's

So, you used the word 'irrational' about 4 times in that post alone? Sounds pretty irrational.

Another reason I brought this up - aside from venting - is that I'm rather tired of this taboo on racism. And if you want to provoke people to start talking openly; and more importantly, straight-forward about racism (because face it, everyone's a racist on some level, we're just too self righteous to admit it), what's a better place than the internet, where you don't need to have any fear of drivebys or busted caps or mohawks to the head or suicide bombings. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back