• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So the Grid we play in in Coded/DDD was a copy of the one on the Tron films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blksabbath74

Is this correct? I remember Xemnas saying something like that to Sora in the Grid. That Xehanort had found the original Grid and made a copy of it, and presumably made effectively perfect copies of all the characters in the Tron movies?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Pretty much. What Xemnas says is that Ansem the wise found a copy of the Grid data which he copied and then modified for his use.

Meaning in the kh-verse the Grid is the original and Space paranoids is the copy.

EDIT:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Also the datascape from Coded is not the same thing as the Grid from DDD.
The datascape is a digitized world of Jimney's kh1 journal and Sora never meet Tron till kh2 and even then the Tron we met in kh2 was a copy of the one from the Grid in DDD.

Three different worlds entirely.

blksabbath74

Pretty much. What Xemnas says is that Ansem the wise found a copy of the Grid data which he copied and then modified for his use.

Meaning in the kh-verse the Grid is the original and Space paranoids is the copy.

EDIT:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Also the datascape from Coded is not the same thing as the Grid from DDD.
The datascape is a digitized world of Jimney's kh1 journal and Sora never meet Tron till kh2 and even then the Tron we met in kh2 was a copy of the one from the Grid in DDD.

Three different worlds entirely.

Wow, okay, now I see. That's...complex...

Makes sens though, now that I think about it. For some reason, I was thinking it was all the same Grid, but the same copy, at different times...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Tron tells us as much in KH2, Ansem copied ENCOM's operating system.

Tron: A computer system---for processing data. This system is a copy of onecreated by a corporation called ENCOM. The original program was destroyed.

(Tron stands up)

Tron: But this copy was acquired by another User. The new User updated and
customized the programs, renaming the system "Hollow Bastion OS." He used the
system for town maintenance, and to advance his private research.
My name is
Tron. I'm a security program. But now I'm under arrest, same as you.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, okay, now I see. That's...complex...

Not really. It's like a family tree. So we have the ENCOM system, the original "Grid".

Kevin Flynn in his own world took the ENCOM system and upgraded it to the Grid on his personal servers in his arcade. At some point the Grid falls to sleep (when Kevin Flynn self combusts when he merges with CLU-2 most likely since this is where the dream ends). The Tron (Rinzler) here is the original.

Ansem the Wise got his hands on a copy of the ENCOM system & modified his own, using his own copy to create the Space Paranoids we see in KH2. The Tron here is a copy.

Because both are made from the original ENCOM system, they are extremely similar but the Grid is the true ENCOM system with all of the original programs.

The Datascape in coded is not the same as the Grid or Space Paranoids. It is just Mickey's computer with the journal scanned into it to make the digital world we see.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Though to be fair, coded's Datascape certainly does owe a lot to the plot mechanics of Tron.

blksabbath74

Not really. It's like a family tree. So we have the ENCOM system, the original "Grid".

Kevin Flynn in his own world took the ENCOM system and upgraded it to the Grid on his personal servers in his arcade. At some point the Grid falls to sleep (when Kevin Flynn self combusts when he merges with CLU-2 most likely since this is where the dream ends). The Tron (Rinzler) here is the original.

Ansem the Wise got his hands on a copy of the ENCOM system & modified his own, using his own copy to create the Space Paranoids we see in KH2. The Tron here is a copy.

Because both are made from the original ENCOM system, they are extremely similar but the Grid is the true ENCOM system with all of the original programs.

The Datascape in coded is not the same as the Grid or Space Paranoids. It is just Mickey's computer with the journal scanned into it to make the digital world we see.

Why do I keep mixing up Space Paranoids and Deep Space in my head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back