• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So people tell me these things are cute

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
So people tell me these things are cute:

I've always hated my artwork. I can't draw and my hand shakes so I mess up details. But lately people have been saying my doodles are cute. So I decided to put them up and see what everyone else thought.

I want honesty and maybe a few pointers. Just try not to be assholes about it. Seriously, explain why it's bad if you dislike it.

Posts that will be ignored:

-Anything like you/this/it sucks.

* If it's bad tell me why. Pointless flames wont help me learn shit. I wouldn't be asking if all I wanted was flames. I want to improve my skills and for that I need Con Crit not pointless slander.

-Any one word posts like cool or sweet.

* Come on guys. It's the same principal as the flames. I want to know why you like it so I can make it better. I understand you're trying to be nice but, I want to improve and for that I need an outside party to tell the whys and hows.

Sidenotes:

-I am painfully aware that I am not a great artist. Posting this, I do not claim to be so. My reasons for doing so are for the sake of self improvement.

I will add more art as it is drawn.

So tell me, is this cute?

53cce346.jpg

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
Hmm. I'll try to help, (I'm not exactly the most experienced artist in these forums) But, anyway...
The right arm should be either up or more inward. I'm not sure (Like I said, I'm not exactly the most experenced around) It you're going for a little more realistic look, then angle the face a bit, but if you're going for the cute, chibi look, then it's fine how it is ^.^ also the head could be a little smaller and to the left a bit more. But still, you already seem to be getting a better grip on anatomy than I did in my "doodling" phase xD I hope I helped ^.^
(by the way, the new smileys on KHI are awesome... yea, I just took "random" to a whole new level there...)

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Hmm. I'll try to help, (I'm not exactly the most experienced artist in these forums) But, anyway...
The right arm should be either up or more inward. I'm not sure (Like I said, I'm not exactly the most experenced around) It you're going for a little more realistic look, then angle the face a bit, but if you're going for the cute, chibi look, then it's fine how it is ^.^ also the head could be a little smaller and to the left a bit more. But still, you already seem to be getting a better grip on anatomy than I did in my "doodling" phase xD I hope I helped ^.^
(by the way, the new smileys on KHI are awesome... yea, I just took "random" to a whole new level there...)

It's a Chibi but, yeah. I don't really get what you mean by inward either.

Her head is supposed to look overly huge.
dabce944.png

I can see the whole need to move it to the left. I totally screwed up the angle I was shooting for. :eek:

Well at least someone attempted to give useful information. Thanks Dude. :)

Apollo

Silver Member
Her eyes look fucked up, or mabye that is what you are going for.. The boob don't look all that great, they don't really look like boobs at all. Her mouth looks kind of weird.

Apollo

Silver Member
Thanks, that tells me absolutely nothing useful. :D!

I know I tired. I am not a very arty person. Basically the best thing I could say is work on detail like you said. It is a bit hard to tell things apart from one another. A little better?

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
That looks pretty cute, yes. I like the hair. :3
There's something odd in her upper body, just above the breasts... Maybe there's too much lines?
Also, did you make those legs look big on purpose? Because the upper body is too thin compared to the legs, especially from the chest.

I hope I was able to give a good comment. ^w^

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
That looks pretty cute, yes. I like the hair. :3
There's something odd in her upper body, just above the breasts... Maybe there's too much lines?
Also, did you make those legs look big on purpose? Because the upper body is too thin compared to the legs, especially from the chest.

I hope I was able to give a good comment. ^w^
Okay guys, listen there is a tuft of fur between her boobs. That is why her boobies look off. They aren't crooked or overdrawn , that is the fur you're seeing.

Yeah, I was trying to go for a Betty Boop look. Where the curves are over exaggerated and the head is freakishly huge.

You did good, thanks for the advice. :)

NOTE:

Everyone stop telling me how weird her freakishly large head is. It is supposed to be gigantic.

Her body is meant to looks misproportined because of the style I drew her in. Think Betty Boop, that's how I draw. These are not your average Chibis. I wanted to try something different and I found this worked to my tastes.

New Piece:

1980d76a.jpg

It's Zack from FFVI.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Sweet and simple, I don't find any bad things from it. And again, I love the hair. :3

Fruity_luigi

A populated place where the beach is sunny and the
Hm , for a demi chibi the proportions are alright. But what are those lines on her abdomen? It makes it look a little strange. You also forgot to draw the feet, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that =P.

The zack fair pick, well honestly the face makes it look a little feminine, not cute, if thats what you where going for. Also, the hairstyle looks more like cloudette than zack. And lastly, you didn't draw his crotch either =P

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Hm , for a demi chibi the proportions are alright. But what are those lines on her abdomen? It makes it look a little strange. You also forgot to draw the feet, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that =P.

The zack fair pick, well honestly the face makes it look a little feminine, not cute, if thats what you where going for. Also, the hairstyle looks more like cloudette than zack. And lastly, you didn't draw his crotch either =P
She's a Furry. The lines are her fur and where the colors separate.

I didn't forget to draw feet. :/

Uuh, yeah. Sure.

You know what, I'm just going to close this thread. People can't give good con crit for shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back