• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So now that you-know-who has a keyblade...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Now that Axel has a Keyblade, how will he wield it? He's been accustomed to using his chakrams, so won't a sword not really work for him? Unless he uses his Keyblade the same way he uses his chakrams, dangly-ness and all.

That's another thing. He's used to using two chakrams, so will he try to learn how to use two Keyblades?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I doubt he has the capability to use two. Since Roxas was a special case as to why he could wield two at all times.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
He can just swing it around one finger like a pimp.

JustSnilloc

LeaKeyblade.jpg

Now that Axel has a Keyblade, how will he wield it? He's been accustomed to using his chakrams, so won't a sword not really work for him? Unless he uses his Keyblade the same way he uses his chakrams, dangly-ness and all.

That's another thing. He's used to using two chakrams, so will he try to learn how to use two Keyblades?

Mmkay, I'm going to assume that you've played KH2 and I'm hoping that you've played other games in this series for what I'm about to say... The Keyblade is far more than just a "Sword", or, a step further, a "Melee Weapon". It's also a magical conduit (as we first learn in KH1) capable of not only launching magical projectiles and honing the users magical capacity, but also it has the ability to transform mid battle into all sorts of things (as we first learn in KH2FM).

Here's a little list of all the things (off the top of my head), that the keyblade can do in regards to battle (and other battle relevant info)...
- Melee Weapon (obviously)
- Boomerang (various special attacks)
- Rapid Fire Gun (Wisdom Form)
- Magical Projectile Launcher (most any magic attack used)
- Whip (Terra's LS)
- Cannon (Terra's LS)
- Assault Vehicle (Terra's LS)

And one more thing you might want to note is that weilding the keyblade doesn't in any way restrict using other weapons alongside it... Usually the keyblade is more than enough by itself, but if somebody desired to do so, they could use another weapon with the keyblade

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com
you know..i always thought that his keyblade was just an upgraded/transformed form of his chakrams.. like how riku's way to dawn was an upgraded/transformed form of the soul eater

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(I'd like to note that a heart is a component of having a Keyblade, so unless Lea's got two hearts he's only going to ever have one Keyblade)

The Keyblade is a versatile weapon. The way his is shaped, it seems he'll still use it in a loose manner. Perhaps backhanded, similar to Ven. He'd probably use it as both a long-range (strike raids and various other kinds of tossing attacks) and short-range weapon like normal.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I like that he can obviously still use his Chakrams, so he could maybe switch between the Keyblade and those for a unique battle strategy.

Master Spockanort said:
The way his is shaped, it seems he'll still use it in a loose manner.

I'd love for him to do this, because it suits his personality to a tee.

C.C.

Website
forums.khinsider.com
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Axel based off Reno from FF7? I can kinda see him using a keyblade much like Reno uses his baton/cane thing.

110px-Reno_enemyFFVII.png

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Axel based off Reno from FF7? I can kinda see him using a keyblade much like Reno uses his baton/cane thing.

110px-Reno_enemyFFVII.png

Sort of, yes. Axel was Nomura's little experience in making a character within the same vein of another and putting them in another environments without it being the very same character (like FF8!Squall and KH!Leon being similar but with notable differences in their personality, but in this case they are the same character.)

Axel/Lea and Reno fight differently, though. It'd ne nice for some nods to Reno like Lea saying something like "These guys are pretty tough" I don't think it'd be healthy if they designed Lea's fighting style after Reno's considering the last few years have shown that Kingdom Hearts doesn't need to rely on FF as much as it used to.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Considering he is called the "Flurry of Dancing Flames" I doubt he'll give it up. I assume he'll continue jumping all over the place, with a style that reminds me of Ven (because Ven kept jumping in different angles and positions) but at the same time consists of more twists and turns and he'll utilize Strike Raid more.

Also, as it is true that the keyblade can turn into many other things and I wouldn't put it past SE to allow him to make it into his chalkrams or something just like it, but they keyblade is after all a blade. You can see it turn into many other things, but nobody who uses it has primarily used it as anything other than what it is, a blade. So I think Axel will use it as such as oppose to some other fancy way.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sort of, yes. Axel was Nomura's little experience in making a character within the same vein of another and putting them in another environments without it being the very same character (like FF8!Squall and KH!Leon being similar but with notable differences in their personality, but in this case they are the same character.)

Axel/Lea and Reno fight differently, though. It'd ne nice for some nods to Reno like Lea saying something like "These guys are pretty tough" I don't think it'd be healthy if they designed Lea's fighting style after Reno's considering the last few years have shown that Kingdom Hearts doesn't need to rely on FF as much as it used to.
Define 'rely', like more classic characters from 7-10 (villains include),or the series in general?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I hope he can either turn it into a chakram or he fight using his chakrams and keyblade, which would be a interesting fighting style. Personally I would hate if he'd now only wield a keyblade it would be somewhat taking away from his character.

JustSnilloc

You know, Lea could always use the Keyblade's power boost to simply add the keyblade to his fighting style...

Remember how Sora's keyblades would float around him (among other things) when in Final Form? Well, Lea's chakrams could potentially do the same thing, PLUS Lea could use the keyblade like a normal sword. So in this scenerio, nothing is lost to Lea's fighting style and things are only gained ^_^

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
You know, Lea could always use the Keyblade's power boost to simply add the keyblade to his fighting style...Remember how Sora's keyblades would float around him (among other things) when in Final Form? Well, Lea's chakrams could potentially do the same thing, PLUS Lea could use the keyblade like a normal sword. So in this scenerio, nothing is lost to Lea's fighting style and things are only gained ^_^
Exactly. I can imagine the chakrams floating around him while he holds the keyblade. :) Either way, he'll still be a badass. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back