• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So now that 2.5 HD is real...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xMikelaw19

When do you guys think it will release? i will say i'm surprised with the global release, and am wondering if it will release sometime in the first 6 months of 2014 or fade into the fall/winter.What do you all think?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: So now that 2.5 HD is real....

March in Japan, May in US/EU.

Mm, the first one came out in March in Japan and September elsewhere. So I think that's wishful thinking.

Since they seemed to wait so long to announce it, it makes me wonder if they'll wait longer to release it. I wouldn't be surprised with a later summer release in Japan and a winter release elsewhere. Though anything could happen.

-Roxas-XIII-

Best case: March for Japan, June worldwide.
Worst case: June for Japan, December worldwide.

The chances are it will be somewhere in-between this.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
March 2014 for Japan, May or June for the rest of the world. 1.5 seems to have been purposefully not released sooner in NA/EU, so I would love to see no delay this time around. The sooner, the better (even if I won't ever finish platinuming all of 1.5 by then.)

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Seeing as how 1.5 took longer to release because of all the data loss issues, I don't think it'll take very long for 2.5. They have all the data for it, they just need to upscale it and obviously make any code changes of course. Shouldn't take them an overly long amount of time. I'm guessing that 2.5 will release right around the same times that 1.5 did in each region, although I have no idea why 1.5 took as long as it did to release in the West, since the English version was done by the time E3 happened and the artbook bonus had been announced before then, so they easily could have released it in June/July. Wonder why they didn't. Marketing probably. Or hype.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Whatever the release date is, I hope it's not bad for me to think that they shouldn't release it on September just like they did 1.5. School holiday will have ended by then, and a portion of the demographics will be affected by the schoolwork inundating their lives. I'm not sure if it relates to sales, but if I had a kid, I wouldn't buy him or her any games when school's already started so that he or she would be more focused.

So yeah, I think around Q2 2014 for the English localisation, and even earlier for the Japanese copies. There's little reason for them to take too long, because I'm pretty sure the data of the games in 2.5 is still present (or at least not as compromised in any way as that of 1.5). Besides, the team will have gained sufficient experience from remastering 1.5, making the work easier for them.

Gram

Banned
Awards
March or May for Japan I'd say and not much longer after for us. Unlike kh1, there should be loss of data for any of the games in 2.5.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
March or May for Japan I'd say and not much longer after for us. Unlike kh1, there should be little loss of data for any of the games in 2.5.

There, I fixed it for ya~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Whatever the release date is, I hope it's not bad for me to think that they shouldn't release it on September just like they did 1.5. School holiday will have ended by then, and a portion of the demographics will be affected by the schoolwork inundating their lives.

And what do you say to the portion of demographics who have actually a job and no set holidays anymore? I'd wager that people who go to school have still much more free time at hand than any person who has a full-time job. ;)

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
I just don't want it to be a trainwreck like KHHD's release plan. Latest release date should be in August, and the earlier days (1-10th of Aug). Even KH3D, which was a brand new game, didn't take as long as KHHD to release, and since there's no data loss, it shouldn't take as long as KHHD.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
And what do you say to the portion of demographics who have actually a job and no set holidays anymore? I'd wager that people who go to school have still much more free time at hand than any person who has a full-time job. ;)

Well, it doesn't really make a difference for us (yeah, I'm in this portion, too) if the game is to be released before or after the school holiday. As you said, we have no set holiday periods anyway. Busy as we are, we'll still find some time to play after work or on weekends... won't we?

(Note that this comes from an engineer, no spouse, living with friends. It may not apply to others.) :p

axel95

Awards
The biggest factor in 2.5's release will be what they decide to do with Mirage Arena. If they implement multiplayer, it will make the dev process a little bit longer. But it shouldn't take as long as 1.5 did, that is for sure.

Pestilence

Awards

Mm, the first one came out in March in Japan and September elsewhere. So I think that's wishful thinking.

Since they seemed to wait so long to announce it, it makes me wonder if they'll wait longer to release it. I wouldn't be surprised with a later summer release in Japan and a winter release elsewhere. Though anything could happen.

I think the localization will be a lot sooner this time around because of few reasons:

1. Less stuff to localize compared to 1.5. Coded cutscenes will likely be very light compared to the Days in 1.5 and I don't expect them to remake any scenes.

2. I don't think SE wants to do late 2014 PS3 releases if they can help it. I also expect there to be a PS4 port of the HD collections and they want to get the PS3 games out before that happens.

3. The localization was announced globally. 1.5 localization was announced 5 months after Japan announcement.

Gonzales95

Awards
There should be less of a gap this time for sure, I'd guess March for Japan and July/August (2014) for the rest of the world.

xMikelaw19

think there's any chance that the game releases globally on the same day? I know it's not usually how Square does things, but who knows? They did announce the localization here right away, rather than wait like they did with 1.5. Maybe that's a good sign? Hoping that it releases in Spring but that's wishful thinking.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
While I doubt it will be the exact same day, I do think we can expect a shorter timeframe between releases this time.
Instead of March (Japan) => September (Rest of the world) like with HD 1.5 I expect rather a March => June/July window, if we're lucky even March => May.

Tirachii

Remember that they haven't translated Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix and 2 Final Mix, I think Summer 2014 is a good estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back