• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So more then two party members. Or a better party system.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Since Kingdom Hearts 1, We've had the party system. In 1, Com, and 2 we've had Donald, Goofy, and a guest Disney character of whatever world is feeling like giving one. In 358/Days, you could have four party members. In Birth by Sleep the story was split between Aqua, Ven, and Terra, but you at least had one party member Now in DDD we were spilt between Sora, and Riku. No Disney or TWEWY party members, but tons of Dream Sprits that were like pokemon Now for what Im getting at is this, Kingdom Hearts 3 might be able to give us a better party system. We've always been limited to a few party members, by why does that have to be the case anymore. Why not give us, four, five, or even six per world? Or better yet why not bring the Disney party members or guest Final Fantasy or maybe later TWEWY party members along with the main story. Allow them to grow as characters. The time for "Keep the world Broader...er order." has long past. Sora's made his mark,and quite a few worlds aware that there are more then one world out their for the other worlds. Xehanort's trying to start a war. So I say we give him one, and crush him in it. Have Mulan, team up with Tifa, or how about Stitch with Capt Jack Sparrow? Have multiple combos of party members. Bring the characters, and switch out the characters you want to level up and grow in the game like a Final Fantasy game. Donald, Sora, Goofy, and Riku shouldn't be the only ones to get better weapons and gear, even it all around to everyone else.

Also While this is Sora's story, I think we could also let people play as other Keyblade Wielders. Since everyone loves Riku, let them be able to play as Riku, or Lea again, this time as a wielder, and with a new play style. Kairi is lllllllllllllllloooooooonngggggg over due for some time in the spot light. Don't deny it people. She's got a keyblade, lets have her kick some ass, and make her friends proud. Yeah she'll be low level, but lets start out the game as her. That way the new players can get their feet wet, and it makes more then then for Sora to be back at level 5 with a low level blizzard and cure spell, then have her work up to Sora, and Riku's level. Heck I'd love to play as King Mickey himself. They were planning on letting you switch between Sora, Donald, and Goody in a beta of KH, or the early parts of the game, I think. Don't quote me on that. But if you die, you could switch out as the other members, so you don't have to get a game over, so soon.

Oh and something Xenoblade Chronicles has done things for character growth. The heart to heart spots. Let our party members or characters talk it out. Let them say funny stuff, stuff on their minds, heavy stuff, argue, make up. Have everyone feel like friends and people during the adventure. Or you could do it like Fire Emblem Awakening, were if you parter a few people up, later on the Gummi ship or home base, or hub world, you should see the characters have a chat, and see where it'll go if you keep those too up. Heck we could have charts that say. "These three are the best of friends, to they can't nearly stand to work with each other, or something like that.

Im just shooting for ideas, here. If you people wanna say something, or think of what could be improved for the Party system in Kingdom Hearts 3, then go on. Type stuff, be my guest.

Anagram

Banned
I think the tried and true party system of 1 & 2 will be fine but I definitely agree with using other main characters in 3. Soras story is so nonfitting to me at this point because many of the games that expanded the story revolved around others.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The ability to swap between controlling any of the keyblade master (Sora/Kairi/Riku/Roxas maybe) for non boss fights will be a good step forward. I'll figure they still want us to use Sora for the majority of boss fights.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm definitely all for having an expanded party system that allows you to bring along characters other than Donald and Goofy. Maybe the general party size should also be increased to four characters standard (like several of the FF titles had) and have the quest/world specfic required guest in a separate fifth slot.
It would also make the rather big cast of the series more an asset than a hindrance at least in gameplay terms.

As for the party leader/directly controlled player character, considering what Nomura already let out about KH III, I'd say the chance to control someone else directly outside a specific episode/event is rather slim so far.

Of course, building a party of Sora, Donald, Kairi and Mulan, with Aqua as a required fifth "guest" in Castle Oblivion for example and then being able to switch between directly controlling the first four as you want would be a nifty feature, but I doubt that they'll build something that sophisticated.

Echoecho6

Awards
Nah I think it should stick like KH2, I thought the party system was perfect hope they don't change it.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I'm conflicted on this. On one hand, I always thought that it was weird that you'd have to choose one character to cease to exist in the environment and battles only to just magically reappear in cutscenes. I'd like to be able to use 3 party members (Donald, Goofy, and the world character) for this reason.

On the other hand, however, I can appreciate the strategic side of it where you have to weigh the strengths and weaknesses of choosing 2 of the 3 options and decide whether you'd like to be more strength oriented (Goofy + world character), magic oriented (Donald + world character) or keep the balance (Donald + Goofy)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I want an extended party system, four members, but more choice. You have sora and three guest slots, and each bonus member has a stat system and special buff, weighing the pros and cons.

for example, goofy is all about defense at the cost of speed. When sora is low hp, goofy jumps in front of spra and takes a normally killing blow. Donald is a mage, so naturally his magic is high but his health and defense are low. His special is a buff for sora that raises his defense and makes him immune to status effects.

now say we're in a big hero 6 world. You have to decide which of the six heroes you want, along with donald and goofy. For example, you could have hiro, baymax and Donald, and so on. And party members have always been support, if there are fears the game will be too difficult, this is what balancing and higher difficulty modes are for.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I agree. While they're at it, they should improve the party members themselves. I'd be down for a future that utilizes some DI figures and base to some extent, just put on a leveled character and get extras in both games, particularly buffs and different outfits in kh.

but before they start monetizing our favorite franchise further, I'd rather see the usefulness and variety of moves upped. Nomura said the AI was being improved, all we need is to different them, instead of everyone being similar with the exception of different health/mana ratios and slightly differing stats.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'd like if you can choose between Riku, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy for your party in every world except where plot interferes, with the world-specific party member automatically being there always. Maybe even have who you choose affect the way scenes play out or what scenes you see.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't quite imagine it being that interactive. Maybe here or there riku will crack a joke or kairi will develop a personality will state her thoughts on a matter but I can't imagine many Disney actors sitting in a studio spouting out different interpretations of a single line for most conversations.

and why would they all follow sora when there are more important things to be done, like protect princesses?

Elysium

Awards
I can't imagine many Disney actors sitting in a studio spouting out different interpretations of a single line for most conversations.
That's not exactly what I meant.
and why would they all follow sora when there are more important things to be done, like protect princesses?
Do we know protecting the princesses is actually going to be an important plot point in KH3. I'm not sure they have enough people to protect all 7, and dividing the entire cast 7 ways would be uninteresting.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not really. Clutter the battlefield with 7 people would be a little much, and if the game branched off side plots featuring other characters journeying, it would give them time out of sora's shadow and into the spotlight. Case in point, kairi.

Elysium

Awards
Why would 7 people be in the battlefield? I hope the game mostly stays in Sora's POV, but that's just me.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Exactly. It'd be wasteful to have every party member in one place, so it'd make sense to divide them story wise.

Gonzales95

Awards
Though I do think in some worlds there should be a choice of more party members, the current system is fine. A lot of Disney worlds force you into using the world character for large portions anyway, at least in KH2 so choosing whether to leave Donald or Goofy is the only choice. If you had Aqua or even Mickey with you as well then I doubt Donald or Goofy would even get a look-in.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Well exactly. Which is more the more part members, the merrier. A fourth or even fifth would be perfect, but more than that would become a mess.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
That's not exactly what I meant.Do we know protecting the princesses is actually going to be an important plot point in KH3. I'm not sure they have enough people to protect all 7, and dividing the entire cast 7 ways would be uninteresting.

Given we have the 7 GoL and then probably other heroes, I think it's very important that someone protect the princesses. It would be quite a dumb plothole if everyone was so focused on the whole X-Blade storyline that everyone literally ignored the princesses and nobody (not even Maleficent) realized they could swipe in for the win. Someone has gotta protect them (or at least 1 of them, Kairi can protect herself anyways).

Well exactly. Which is more the more part members, the merrier. A fourth or even fifth would be perfect, but more than that would become a mess.

Maybe I'm not of the popular opinion, but I am perfectly fine with trios. It's just that trios are so important to KH given we have SOOO many trios: SDG, SRK, MDG, RAX, RAN, TAV, etc. that the number 3 for the party to me goes beyond just gameplay. Maybe it used to be a technical limitation, but I'm fine with it staying.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I think the party system in KH1 and KH2 was fine. If they go with that for 3, then I won't be disappointed. Just gimme the chance to play as other characters. With all the characters in the game, it'd be a pretty big middle finger to be stuck with Sora the entire game.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Been hoping they'll add the ability to switch between characters in the current party,pretty much like type-0.

I like sora and all and enjoy playing with him but there's times where i just want to switch between Donald and Goofy and just mess around,especially when i already beat the game multiple times.

Other than that i hope we get a bigger general party this time..way to many important characters available for them to stick to only sdg for most of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back