• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So just got the game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryaneden

I Just got the game today and so far i am loving it I'm up the Hunchback of Notre Dame world. so far i think the story is moving forward in a very interesting way. So far the only grips i have is the camera makes me loose focus on my enemies. and the Drop Gauge. And the voice actor choices for Hunchback of Notre Dame world . Don't get me wrong here i like Corey Burton sometimes but he's not a good choice for Frolo. but then again no one can match the epicness of Tony Jay.

(I Also think the Dream Eaters make for horrible allies)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Dream Eaters also get more effective the higher their affection level is.
If you pet them and play with them the affection level rises and they become more effective.
However, their "stance" which is indicated by their eye color (purple, green, yellow or blue) also affects what abilities they use and how they behave (i.e. if they aggressively attack enemies or play support by healing you or casting buffs like Haste).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So far the only grips i have is the camera makes me loose focus on my enemies.

Yeah, the camera sucks. I just auto lock on and hope I'll hit the enemy properly. Circle Pad Pro doesn't help, either :\

and the Drop Gauge.

I recommend investing in Drop-Me Nots. Also if you are fairly certain a boss battle is about to come up, save the game and drop back to the other character and try to stock up on a bunch of Drop Points so you can get Attack/Defense/Drop Boosts. I usually try to have about 300+ drop points before dropping again (I use Drop-Me Nots frequently) and make sure I spend my DP on slowing down the Drop Meter speed.

Also keep an eye on the Forecast of each world. Sometimes you can't help being in a Risky Winds world, but you can do your best to avoid it...

And the voice actor choices for Hunchback of Notre Dame world . Don't get me wrong here i like Corey Burton sometimes but he's not a good choice for Frolo. but then again no one can match the epicness of Tony Jay.

Agreed. I really wish they could have gotten the full original cast (RIP Tony Jay) but...I felt Phil LaMarr did a good job with Phoebus...8D And hey...Jason Alexander and Charles Kimbraugh reprised and that was great!

(I Also think the Dream Eaters make for horrible allies)

They have an adaptive AI. You have to change their disposition to change how they help you. If you get a good disposition, they will be likely to heal you, cast haste/regen/protect/etc., attack more frequently, and so on.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Yes, they all are telling you the truth about the DEs. You'll be surprised at how effective and efficient a Meow Wow with blue eyes is. In addition, DEs are how you gain commands and abilities, via that little playspace-like thing called the ability link (or link board? I don't remember).

Make sure to play with them every now and then, though, since they will refuse to use their skills once their affection drops to zero. And as the game progresses, if you can, aim to create a high-ranked DE (star is the highest rank, although you can only create star-ranked DEs when Risky Winds is in effect), since they generally perform better than their lower-ranked counterparts.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Though I didn't like them either what they say about DE's is true also another factor you wanna take into account is their rank like how they are ranked E, D, C etc. The higher the rank the better.

Yeah, the camera sucks. I just auto lock on and hope I'll hit the enemy properly. Circle Pad Pro doesn't help, either :\
If anything it kinda made it worse, at least to me.

ryaneden

Thanks for giving me tips you guys with the Dream Eaters. You guys. also is it just me or is Riku's boss battles harder than Sora's?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for giving me tips you guys with the Dream Eaters. You guys. also is it just me or is Riku's boss battles harder than Sora's?
It's not just you, they're purposely harder than Sora's.

ryaneden

i see what you guys mean. also I'm happy were getting to see more of Riku. i think this game focus more on him than it does Sora.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
i see what you guys mean. also I'm happy were getting to see more of Riku. i think this game focus more on him than it does Sora.

It indeed does. Riku shone in this game, and he shone bright.

ryaneden

It indeed does. Riku shone in this game, and he shone bright.

Indeed. we got to see more of his personality. rather then little bits and pieces of it. i find myself playing as Riku more than Sora. merly due to the fact we get to play as someone new in a Main Game for Kingdom Hearts. that doesn't use any gimmick battle style. (Looking at you Chain Of Memories.) KH3D is a main game right?

Also i'm guessing this is how it's gonna work in KH3 as well them bringing in the Drop feature. so we can play as both Sora and Riku.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Riku is the protagonist of KH3D. In the end he is Sora's savior and all that jazz, but Sora is the one who will save them all~

KH3D is a main game right?

On par with a main game. It essentially the preface to Kingdom Hearts 3.

Also i'm guessing this is how it's gonna work in KH3 as well them bringing in the Drop feature. so we can play as both Sora and Riku.

No word on that yet. They are looking to go more classic with KH3 and have SDG as our main party, but we'll see how things pan out further in the development cycle.

Indeed. we got to see more of his personality. rather then little bits and pieces of it. i find myself playing as Riku more than Sora. merly due to the fact we get to play as someone new in a Main Game for Kingdom Hearts. that doesn't use any gimmick battle style. (Looking at you Chain Of Memories.) KH3D is a main game right?

Pretty much. It advances the story of the series significantly, unlike the other portable titles that told more self-contained stories that still tied into the overall narrative.

About the drop feature, from a realistic stand-point it most likely won't return because the plot of KH3 probably won't have a lot to do with dreams. The only exception I could see is if a small portion of the game took place in a dream world or two. Personally I wasn't a real big fan of being forced to change characters (especially during boss battles), and having to keep up the leveling of two characters was really irritating, although the combat was very fluid and enjoyable. There was one point where I dropped as Riku during a boss fight near the end, and then I watched one cut scene as Sora where he is forced to drop, and went back to Riku with no drop bonuses. I really don't want to go through crap like that again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There was one point where I dropped as Riku during a boss fight near the end, and then I watched one cut scene as Sora where he is forced to drop, and went back to Riku with no drop bonuses. I really don't want to go through crap like that again.

You played the ending out of order, that's why lol. You were supposed to play as Sora first, get all of your DP to spend on Riku, then get forced dropped and play as Riku for the rest.

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
You played the ending out of order, that's why lol. You were supposed to play as Sora first, get all of your DP to spend on Riku, then get forced dropped and play as Riku for the rest. But you got to see the extra (irrelevant) scene so that isn't so bad.

I think I might have as well. I was always ahead as Riku, falling behind and having to do, sometimes, consecutive worlds as Sora.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think I might have as well. I was always ahead as Riku, falling behind and having to do, sometimes, consecutive worlds as Sora.

It was very easy to do since Riku is so much more fun to play as. I didn't do it in my first playthrough because I knew, but in my second I had forgotten and was breezing through TWTNW as Riku with a bunch of drop-me-nots and freaked out when it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back