• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So it seems a remake of The Last of Us is coming...

• Thread starter Deleted member 32967
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 32967

I just don't think it's necessary. Not in the slightest.

:rolleyes:

This was all over Google yesterday...

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
It doesn't make any sense. The game was released for PS3, got a remastered version for PS4 and can be played on PS5 thanks to the latter being backwards compatible.

Even if the reason is to help promoting the HBO show is still a waste of resources, time and money. A bundle with TLOU1 + TLOU2 with PS5 patch would be good enough.

D

Deleted member 246005

I wasn't interested in remakes till FF7R came out. That showed me what remakes could be. An old game with new content is more appealing than an old game with just a fresh coat of paint.

For example, Jak and Daxter's 20th anniversary is this year. It would be cool to see a remake of the first game. There's a whole ton of cut content they could put in now. They have the benefit of hindsight etc.

I don't mind remakes. I just don't really feel there's anything you could do with the Last of Us to make it extra appealing. Unless it's a crossover with Uncharted.....What if Nathan lived through the Last of US?

The last of Nate? Old man Drake? Idk.

A friend of mine raised a good point.
Game companies should invest in remaking failed products instead rehashing successes.

Like Sega should totally fix Sonic 2006. Come on Sega 2026 is right around the corner. ;)

PrettyGuard

Awards
Yeah, I saw a headline about it earlier but never read the article. Not sure what can really be improved upon from the original but it's whatever really, I can't say that I really have an interest in a remake.

Back