• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, Is Xion the next Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I dunno, it works both ways. I did NOT want to like Namine, she waltzed in out of nowhere and completely threw off my feng shui, but in the end she was just too awesome a character not to like. Pull the same stunt, Xion, and you won't be sacrificed to the yaoi fangirls like Kairi.

It also goes with liking Namine, and loving her even more. XDD
Both ways work, I just like the insurance that I won't shut out a character because I'm only opening my eyes to their flaws.
That all just proves even further how amazing Watanabe is. It gives us less of a reason to doubt Xion.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
The proper SoRiku fangirls don't care much about Kairi. The irony - hating Kairi because she comes in between SoRiku is saying that she can >: which is in turn degrading to SoRiku's relationship (friendship or more) which is the relationship that makes KH go round even.

I'm not saying it's impossible to like a character when you don't want to; I'm just saying it's sweeter if it comes true when you were hopeful. Sometimes it's worth the risk of it being more bitter because you were disappointed.

You've convinced me, I'm reserving judgment on Xion, despite the fact that my 'Sueometer is going nuts. My hopes are up high for Aqua, though.

Soriku would be my OTP, and Kairi has a special place in my heart. She actually isn't an obstacle unless you make her one--she drives them apart, yes, but it was bound to happen either way and they needed that so they could find each other--but she also pulls them together. It's between her hands that theirs finally intertwine.

In short, I hate people who hate Kairi for the pointless yaoi reasons. XP

Ren

adios motherfucker

:D
Someone who understands!
I have to say this has to be one of the most civil Kairi-based threads ever.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You've convinced me, I'm reserving judgment on Xion, despite the fact that my 'Sueometer is going nuts.

GREAT_SUCCESS.png

My hopes are up high for Aqua, though.

For all of us, I think

Soriku would be my OTP, and Kairi has a special place in my heart. She actually isn't an obstacle unless you make her one--she drives them apart, yes, but it was bound to happen either way and they needed that so they could find each other--but she also pulls them together. It's between her hands that theirs finally intertwine.

I actually disliked her holding their hands like that. She wasn't even there for the most part and most of what she even gets to say can be taken as anti-Riku. She didn't seem to be worried about him like at all throughout the games and yes, people can say she did but hey - "cap or it never happened". She all but shrugged him off when Selphie mentioned him in KH2; I can't really forgive her for it. It's either she remembered but doesn't care, or her relationship with him was forgotten because it's purely Sora-dependent and she forgot Sora. Neither really makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside about her butting in on their reunion.
I'd have liked to see Namine in that scene instead. After what happened in CoM and what she's been through with Riku, it would've been sweeter imo for Sora to have been properly reunited with the both of them at the same time. I also believe Namine could've stopped Riku with words instead of hanging off his arm like a baboon off a branch.

They really are pointless. Sora and Riku love each other, be it friendship or more. Nothing can come between them; nothing. Even Santa Claus said as much >:

:D
Someone who understands!
I have to say this has to be one of the most civil Kairi-based threads ever.

Because a certain someone isn't here to shout at us for being biased and ignorant and how I brainwashed you all into following my impure, filthy beliefs.

Whatasize This

The proper SoRiku fangirls don't care much about Kairi. The irony - hating Kairi because she comes in between SoRiku is saying that she can >: which is in turn degrading to SoRiku's relationship (friendship or more) which is the relationship that makes KH go round even.

I'm not saying it's impossible to like a character when you don't want to; I'm just saying it's sweeter if it comes true when you were hopeful. Sometimes it's worth the risk of it being more bitter because you were disappointed.

True true

Ren

adios motherfucker
Because a certain someone isn't here to shout at us for being biased and ignorant and how I brainwashed you all into following my impure, filthy beliefs.

Good thing we wrapped this up before she could sink her claws into it.
So. All in all, I do believe Xion will pan out like Namine did. <3

Axie

I actually disliked her holding their hands like that. She wasn't even there for the most part and most of what she even gets to say can be taken as anti-Riku. She didn't seem to be worried about him like at all throughout the games and yes, people can say she did but hey - "cap or it never happened". She all but shrugged him off when Selphie mentioned him in KH2; I can't really forgive her for it. It's either she remembered but doesn't care, or her relationship with him was forgotten because it's purely Sora-dependent and she forgot Sora. Neither really makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside about her butting in on their reunion.
I'd have liked to see Namine in that scene instead. After what happened in CoM and what she's been through with Riku, it would've been sweeter imo for Sora to have been properly reunited with the both of them at the same time. I also believe Namine could've stopped Riku with words instead of hanging off his arm like a baboon off a branch.

Ergh. Okay, another change, then--you probably said this already--make her tolerate Riku. Now that you mention it, it's hard to see why anyone would interpret Riku as a threat to Sora's (cheap) interest in Kairi, other than maybe the paopu thing. MAYBE.

Namine would have been great in that scene, but Sora would be all WTF HOO IZ YU and that would've been a little awkward. Plus people would probably come to the conclusion that it should've been Kairi and made the trinity together again.

HAHAHA she gets very touchy feely around them, doesn't she? I'm surprised Riku didn't just shrug her off.

They really are pointless. Sora and Riku love each other, be it friendship or more. Nothing can come between them; nothing. Even Santa Claus said as much >:

<3

Mikazuki

I believe that Xion is a physical manifestation of Sora's memories of Kairi. Having been emotionally confused because of the loss of Kairi in his heart's memories and Namine making him believe that he was the special person that was close to him is how she was born. Basically, in my opinion, due to all the confusion in Sora's heart, part of his heart was removed somehow and formed into Xion as the embodiment of the forgotten Kairi, and that's why the hair is different: Because he didn't remember her exactly. But that's a little of stretch in my theory. >.< So basically, she's a special Nobody because she wasn't even formed by someone losing their heart to the darkness, nor was there a body to form her. She was definitely never meant to exist. And the reason she can wield the Keyblade is because she was, in fact, comprived of part of Sora's heart, the heart chosen to wield the Keyblade.

But if you mean is she the "Kairi" figure in the "Roxas-Axel-Xion" friendship, than...Since she's the only one that's a girl, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...Chea.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Personality wise, I hope not.

She's got some stuff in there that Kairi doesn't. Ahem, fighting.
So hopefully not, but if I catch one sound of that laugh...

Axie

I believe that Xion is a physical manifestation of Sora's memories of Kairi. Having been emotionally confused because of the loss of Kairi in his heart's memories and Namine making him believe that he was the special person that was close to him is how she was born. Basically, in my opinion, due to all the confusion in Sora's heart, part of his heart was removed somehow and formed into Xion as the embodiment of the forgotten Kairi, and that's why the hair is different: Because he didn't remember her exactly. But that's a little of stretch in my theory. >.< So basically, she's a special Nobody because she wasn't even formed by someone losing their heart to the darkness, nor was there a body to form her. She was definitely never meant to exist. And the reason she can wield the Keyblade is because she was, in fact, comprived of part of Sora's heart, the heart chosen to wield the Keyblade.

But if you mean is she the "Kairi" figure in the "Roxas-Axel-Xion" friendship, than...Since she's the only one that's a girl, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...Chea.

All right, all right, so if everybody's coming out of Sora and even Kairi can wield a Keyblade, WHY ISN'T NAMINE ON THE BATTLEFIELD ALREADY?!

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ergh. Okay, another change, then--you probably said this already--make her tolerate Riku. Now that you mention it, it's hard to see why anyone would interpret Riku as a threat to Sora's (cheap) interest in Kairi, other than maybe the paopu thing. MAYBE.

The true irony is that more often than not, Sora is portrayed to be a believer in Riku/Kairi o_O DI all but based that as the relationship that be, which is why I was annoyed with Sora only wanting to save Riku and Kairi initially - they didn't base her as being anything special to Sora.
Then I realized he just didn't know he had to save everyone else as opposed to Riku and Kairi disappearing before his eyes, otherwise he'd have asked Leon about more than just his two would-be best friends (would-be because that's the impression you get from him asking only about them).

I believe that Xion is a physical manifestation of Sora's memories of Kairi.

Only the new trailer shows Xion joined the Org before Chain of Memories, or to be precise - before the first CoM Member died.

And the reason she can wield the Keyblade is because she was, in fact, comprived of part of Sora's heart, the heart chosen to wield the Keyblade.

Only it seems so far she stole Roxas's Keyblade and has none of her own.

All right, all right, so if everybody's coming out of Sora and even Kairi can wield a Keyblade, WHY ISN'T NAMINE ON THE BATTLEFIELD ALREADY?!

Kairi can only wield a Keyblade because Riku gave her one, let her use it, and probably because she's a PoH to top it all.
Namine never took someone's Keyblade.

Because Namine doesnt want to be!

She also understands that if she came, she'd get Sora and Riku killed while they're trying to protect her. Thus she stayed behind when Sora went to battle Marluxia unlike Kairi who wanted to face off against SoD Ansem and Xemnas o_O wtf

Mikazuki

That'd be because she was born from Kairi's heart, not Sora's. And Kairi shouldn't rightfully have a Keyblade, but since she did once I'll point out that it was after her and Namine had fused, so Namine couldn't have wielded one while she was a separate entity.

Personality wise, I hope not.

She's got some stuff in there that Kairi doesn't. Ahem, fighting.
So hopefully not, but if I catch one sound of that laugh...

Which is another reason why Sora didn't remember her right. Obviously if she can fight, Sora's memory screwed up there. :p But she was born from Sora's heart, or so my theory says, so her having fighting ability isn't all that surprising. Plus, we don't even know if she can really fight. We've seen her hold a Keyblade...So has Kairi. We've also seen her get beaten pretty easily by Riku...That sure does speak for her warrior skills huh?

Suffering...Point taken. >.< You did just blow my theory out of the water, kudos to you. But we don't know that she stole it from Roxas for good. I mean, if he's the true wielder, he'd have gotten it back if he wanted to, right? He may have not wanted to, but that seems unlikely to me. It was indicated that she did steal it from him, but that doesn't mean that he was refraining from taking it back by just simply summoning it, which means that the Keyblade must have chosen to stay with her for -some- reason.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
We've seen her fight with Roxas, and you dont know how long she had been battling Riku

Mikazuki

We've seen her fight with Roxas, and you dont know how long she had been battling Riku

We've seen someone shooting fire balls at Beast's Castle with Roxas. That doesn't mean she can fight...It means, if anything can go to her credit, that she can use magic. We have not seen her -fight-, as in with a weapon. And it doesn't matter how longer the battle was. Riku beat her without even breaking a sweat...And blindfolded at that! :p

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That'd be because she was born from Kairi's heart, not Sora's.

Unconfirmed.

Which is another reason why Sora didn't remember her right. Obviously if she can fight, Sora's memory screwed up there. :p But she was born from Sora's heart, or so my theory says, so her having fighting ability isn't all that surprising. Plus, we don't even know if she can really fight. We've seen her hold a Keyblade...So has Kairi. We've also seen her get beaten pretty easily by Riku...That sure does speak for her warrior skills huh?

Kairi got her Keyblade from Riku :\ the actual Keyblade.
And Xion being Aqua-related (who'll look just like Kairi if she were younger imo) is also a wonderful basis to why she can even wield at all.

Suffering...Point taken. >.< You did just blow my theory out of the water, kudos to you. But we don't know that she stole it from Roxas for good. I mean, if he's the true wielder, he'd have gotten it back if he wanted to, right? He may have not wanted to, but that seems unlikely to me. It was indicated that she did steal it from him, but that doesn't mean that he was refraining from taking it back by just simply summoning it, which means that the Keyblade must have chosen to stay with her for -some- reason.

Or he could've just left it there.
Two scenes we saw in which Xion wielded the Keyblade -
1) When he said he was looking for her and she surprised him by snatching it. It was both by surprise, and if he really didn't want to aggravate her, he'd have let her keep it until she calmed down or he was in real danger, namely - she attacked.
2) The fight against Axel. Roxas was said to be standing aside. I wouldn't be surprised if Roxas let her use it for whichever reasons and only called it back later.

The only question mark could be against Riku, but we don't know anything about that other than that Riku seems to be as confused as we are.

We've seen someone shooting fire balls at Beast's Castle with Roxas. That doesn't mean she can fight...It means, if anything can go to her credit, that she can use magic.

Aqua seems to be using Magic more than her Keyblade :\ MX used magic a lot in the secret ending.
Magic is a weapon.

Riku beat her without even breaking a sweat...And blindfolded at that! :p

He can see well enough to fight with that blindfold, it's not like he really is blind. And we don't know how long they fought to say he didn't break a sweat - we only know that he won.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
He can see well enough to fight with that blindfold, it's not like he really is blind. And we don't know how long they fought to say he didn't break a sweat - we only know that he won.

Riku: How am I supposed to see anything with the blast shield down?

Ansem: Let the force flow through you and you'll see!

(Lol star wars)

Xion to me looks like a mix between Kairi and Aqua. The face of Kairi and the hair of Aqua except black. She looks like the little sister of the the two. XD

Well in contrast to Kairi it looks like this girl can lay out the hurt. Looks and the ability to kick ass. Well that's a plus for fanboys.

It also appears that she has a strong relationship with Axel and Roxas or at least Axel. The emotion depth that Kairi supplied in KH1, the confusion and cuteness of Namine, and the strength of Aqua.

358/2 is shaping up to be an amazing looking game. It may be a real competitor to BBS now. What Mikazuki said seems like it could be a possibility, even if some parts are a bit more questionable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back