• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So is there any hope that this game will come to Ps Vita?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirachii

Final Fantasy X HD is coming to Ps Vita, but why not kingdom hearts? I mean I wouldn't mind, but since remote play isn't a thing anymore I really would love to see this game on Ps Vita. Is Square Enix just waiting to see how Final Fantasy does first or what?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
If 1.5 wasn't for the Vita I doubt 2.5 will be. Many fans were antsy about KH returning to home consels, as was Nomura I believe, so the Re:MIXs answered that by being placed on the PS3. Also, consider it "practise". KH3 is being done by Osaka Team, who're also the ones doing the HD collections. From my understanding they had very little to no experience with home consels until the HD KH remasters.

Tirachii

Well that sucks :( I guess I won't be seeing Kingdom Hearts on Ps Vita until after Kingdom Hearts 3.....Wait REMOTE PLAY OMG. I was really liking all the handheld kingdom hearts games, I don't understand why people want them on a console so badly anyways.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I was really liking all the handheld kingdom hearts games, I don't understand why people want them on a console so badly anyways.

Probably people's concern is more toward the direction of wanting the games on one console rather than on a console, although of course the PS3 is an obvious choice for its capability. The titles of the franchise are spread across different consoles, and some might not have the opportunity to purchase another console just to play another title.

While it's true that they can watch the playthroughs on YouTube, there is a proportion of the demographics who would so love to experience playing the games first-hand. I think this is what the HD compilations really shine in, not only to build up the excitement leading to KH3, but also giving those who couldn't play the handheld titles the opportunity to do so.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Nomura said that there wasn't much reason to make a KH game for Vita, since it was basically a mini PS3. Plus, fans have been complaining about Kingdom Hearts being back on consoles for years, so I guess that's why they didn't really even think about it, cause PS3 was their main priority and they knew people would want it quickly.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nomura said that there wasn't much reason to make a KH game for Vita, since it was basically a mini PS3. Plus, fans have been complaining about Kingdom Hearts being back on consoles for years, so I guess that's why they didn't really even think about it, cause PS3 was their main priority and they knew people would want it quickly.

This exactly, not to mention that Nomura also pointed out that if possible he wants KH to be back on one console.

Having the games spread out over so many consoles was one of the main (reasonable, as whining for KH 3 and dissing the Handheld games as "unimportant" is not a reasonable nor a valid complaint) complaints about the series.

Square would be dang stupid to make the same error again when they just remedied the console-spread issue with the HD Collections by putting a game on yet another console again.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It would have been a dream to have Kingdom Hearts on the vita. Ever since I got mine, I've seen what an impressive machine it is and have dreamt of having the ReMIX's on there.

On the comment about remote play, it's going to be the norm that most PS4 games can be played on the Vita via remote play. Nomura has said that he is thinking about adding Tablet/Vita capabilities into KH3, so hopefully he will allow the game to be played via remote play (TV during the day, in the bed during the night, all day every day.)

Gram

Banned
Awards
This exactly, not to mention that Nomura also pointed out that if possible he wants KH to be back on one console.

Having the games spread out over so many consoles was one of the main (reasonable, as whining for KH 3 and dissing the Handheld games as "unimportant" is not a reasonable nor a valid complaint) complaints about the series.

Square would be dang stupid to make the same error again when they just remedied the console-spread issue with the HD Collections by putting a game on yet another console again.

^ This and in all honesty, despite how awesome it would be (would even make me actually want a vita) I think most fans would complain if it suddenly system jumped again. (including myself)

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ I wouldn't rule out the possibility but I hope they dont when we're finally getting everything all on one again. I'd rather it stay that way.

Santiago

If we got enough people to bother Sony about wanting it ported to Vita, I'm sure it could happen. The problem is getting people to do so.

If it worked with Borderlands 2, why wouldn't it now?

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Bumping this old thread. I see a lot of people saying that they would rather KH not system jump anymore and just keep it to one console. I agree with the no more system jump thing, but I think all of the games should have been spread out throughout other consoles. If KHIII is going to be multi-platform, then the ReMIX's should have been multi-platform as well with PS3 and Xbox 360. I also think they should have included Vita, because Vita will play a vital part in the PS4's lifespan with Remote Play and people who bought the ReMIX's for the Vita could get KHIII for the PS4 and remote play on it. It would have done nothing but brought up sales and could have brought up KHIII's Xbox sales way more than I predict It's going to sell.

In response to the OP, I don't see 2.5 coming to Vita unfortunately since 1.5 wasn't released for the Vita.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Bumping this old thread.

Don't bump old threads lol

It's much better to just make a new topic than revive one where the discussion has already concluded, especially if it's over 3 months old.

I see a lot of people saying that they would rather KH not system jump anymore and just keep it to one console. I agree with the no more system jump thing, but I think all of the games should have been spread out throughout other consoles. If KHIII is going to be multi-platform, then the ReMIX's should have been multi-platform as well with PS3 and Xbox 360. I also think they should have included Vita, because Vita will play a vital part in the PS4's lifespan with Remote Play and people who bought the ReMIX's for the Vita could get KHIII for the PS4 and remote play on it. It would have done nothing but brought up sales and could have brought up KHIII's Xbox sales way more than I predict It's going to sell.

In response to the OP, I don't see 2.5 coming to Vita unfortunately since 1.5 wasn't released for the Vita.

Pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back