• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► So, is Flyleaf a christian Band or not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is flyleaf a christian band?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes.
And they're a great band.

[video=youtube;XfW4CkYrjXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfW4CkYrjXs&ob=av3e[/video]

On of my favorite songs right here, and it's definitely a Christian song.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Lol yes, they are a Christian band. Even though some of their songs are borderline-emo, they are a Chrisitan rockband. Look at Sklllet and Blessthefall. Both have lyrical content and sound that makes you think otherwise, but all three bands(flyleaf included) are Christian rock bands...well BTF are more Christian Hardcore, but still~

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
They are most definetly a Christian band. Even if they denied being a Christian band it would not change my mind. They have too many Christian aspects in their songs for them not to be. Although, if you were going to put them in one broad category it would be rock and not Christian. I love Flyleaf's music. <3

[video=youtube;XC2ywyxFXO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2ywyxFXO4[/video]
Probably one of my favorite songs by them.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
I love "arise" that whole album is great. But, i mean, having some song s like that doesn't make them christian. Paramore has some songs like "hallelujah" and "miracle" and they are not christian.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I love "arise" that whole album is great. But, i mean, having some song s like that doesn't make them christian. Paramore has some songs like "hallelujah" and "miracle" and they are not christian.

Flyleaf has more than some songs like that. Not to mention Paramore's songs such as "Miracle" are not nearly as Christian in their lyrics. They can be interpreted as Christian in some ways, but for the most part no. Flyleaf songs on the other hand can almost all be clearly interpreted as Christian.

Some examples: The lyrics for "The Kind", "In The Dark", and "So I Thought" all mention Jesus. Most of Flyleaf's lyrics have something to do with God.

The Chorus of "Beautiful Bride"
Beautiful bride
Body of Christ
One flesh abiding
Strong and unifying
Fighting ends in forgiveness
Unite and fight all division
Beautiful bride

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
If the band denies being a Christian band, then they're not. If a band uses biblical language in a non-biblical context, it's just a metaphor/allusion. I remember when people actually thought Evenescence's "Tourniquet" was christian because of "my God, my tourniquet" constantly being said through the song, when the song was actually about a failed suicide attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back