• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, is Dual Wielding Roxas supposed to suck, or what?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maian

So, I was filled with ecstatic glee after unlocking Dual Wielding Roxas for mission mode, as I could finally be that level of bad-assedness all the time. It was SICK in the story mode, so naturally, I expected it'd be just as awesome in mission mode.

...Well, what gives? It takes like, five hits to kill a shadow, and for fun, I did the "KILL THE SIX GIANT HEARTLESS IN TWILIGHT TOWN" mission, and it took me like 20 minutes to kill the Armor because all the hits were so bloody weak. It's a shame, because I really just want to play with Dual Wielding Roxas because it's so fscking badass. But if he sucks this much, I may just revert to the old boring single keyblade. Is there something I'm just doing wrong?

Absent axel

no just take out one ability unit and have two become one. It is way better then oathkeeper and duel wield.

Allister Rose

French Lover
agree use marluxia. but really one hit should kill them easily. that's what my dual wielding roxas does

maian

Eh, I guess I'll just use Two Become One then until I level up a bunch. I'd use Marluxia, but I think he's kind of...stupid? =/ Forgive me, I never played Chain of Memories, in which I've heard he's actually a fantastic character. But I won't lie, I thought he was a woman until "he" died in Castle Oblivion during Days. Until I play CoM, I have no reason to like him, and unfortunately, I only like to play games when I'm a character I like. I'd rather be a shitty Roxas than a kickass Organization member who I feel kinda "eh" about.

But yeah, I'm level, like, 56 or something. That too low?

Allister Rose

French Lover
Eh, I guess I'll just use Two Become One then until I level up a bunch. I'd use Marluxia, but I think he's kind of...stupid? =/ Forgive me, I never played Chain of Memories, in which I've heard he's actually a fantastic character. But I won't lie, I thought he was a woman until "he" died in Castle Oblivion during Days. Until I play CoM, I have no reason to like him, and unfortunately, I only like to play games when I'm a character I like. I'd rather be a shitty Roxas than a kickass Organization member who I feel kinda "eh" about.

But yeah, I'm level, like, 56 or something. That too low?

well he is one of the few to be very kind to roxas. his stats are pretty good compare to the rest of organization XIII (not including xemnas) and whenever i use him i am able to finish missions much easier.

he was originally meant to be a woman though. though i like the idea of ihm being so manly that he can pull off the pink hair look

maian

Having pink hair and making people BELIEVE he's actually a woman isn't pulling off the pink hair look by being manly in any means. =/ If anything, it's the polar opposite of manly.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Having pink hair and making people BELIEVE he's actually a woman isn't pulling off the pink hair look by being manly in any means. =/ If anything, it's the polar opposite of manly.

i tihnk you need to paly Re;COM to see my point of view then or at least look up the scenes on youtube

maian

Ha, well I've been wanting to check out Re: CoM anyway, so my opinion of the character will probably change around then. In any case, I'll continue using Roxas for mission mode for now. :X

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I felt like dual-weilding Roxas' attacks were a bit weak too, though I figured that may have been due to him having a much longer combo string and thus dealing less damage per hit.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
DW Roxas kind of did pathetic damage most of the time...

To be honest, you're better off unequipping all those ability units and putting in sight units instead. It becomes so much more efficient. Sure, you only have one keyblade, but you'll be putting in more damage than DW.

Zeonark

DW Roxas is like that because in story mode he was incredibly angry. So his attack power was insane in story mode. In Mission Mode, he's perfectly weak. Use Marluxia or Saix. Those two are usually the best ones.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
God. He one hit kills neoshadows. If that's not insane, I don't know what. I do think it's hardcoded, but parts of his combo will not 1 hit kill, if you're observant enough. I took about 5 minutes just to clear those neoshadows in front of the building when I was playing DW Roxas in mission mode, since they apparently don't die in 1 hit.

A

Azrael

One thing. How do you unlock Dual Wield Roxas in Mission Mode or at the Story Mode?

WwhiptailwW

^Equip the Zero Gear with Three ability units (for mission mode)
For Story mode, you just have to get to the last Day (but you can only use DW on the last day)

Pianoajd2

You can't play as DW Roxas in story mode (other than the final mission.)

For mission mode, attach 3 ablitiy units to the Zero gear.

At least, I think that's what you must do...

Last edited:

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
For mission mode, attach 2 ablitiy units to the Zero gear.
Three.

And, the reason he sucks is due to lack of Finishers. Give Pandora's Gear+ to any character and their combo immediately becomes:

Finisher -> 1-2 hits -> Finisher -> 0-1 hits -> Finisher

Roxas' Air combo can even be chained with Y to have two finishers at the end. >_>

Finishers deal tons more damage than normal attacks. DW sucks due to it only having one finisher at the end of a ten hit combo. It's really really lame.

Also, Marluxia is a shitty Saix. =X They're all good, you just need to know how to use them correctly. :\ Pandora's Gear+ usually does the trick for them (not Xigbar x__x).

Allister Rose

French Lover
Three.

And, the reason he sucks is due to lack of Finishers. Give Pandora's Gear+ to any character and their combo immediately becomes:

Finisher -> 1-2 hits -> Finisher -> 0-1 hits -> Finisher

Roxas' Air combo can even be chained with Y to have two finishers at the end. >_>

Finishers deal tons more damage than normal attacks. DW sucks due to it only having one finisher at the end of a ten hit combo. It's really really lame.

Also, Marluxia is a shitty Saix. =X They're all good, you just need to know how to use them correctly. :\ Pandora's Gear+ usually does the trick for them (not Xigbar x__x).

it doesnt need finishers though, one hit still takes alot of damage.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
it doesnt need finishers though, one hit still takes alot of damage.

With the same strength, a Finisher deals remarkably more damage than a normal attack. Pandora's Gear is built around this fact. Dual Wield Roxas is build around a long string of weak hits followed by a single Finisher. Both are good, just Dual Wield only works well at high levels whereas most every other Gear works amazingly at lower levels as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back