• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So I'm getting my DS in a few days...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokage

Banned
Awards
I need the best option for a flashcard so I can get some games and shit. Also, if any of you faggots have some good ideas for games I should download in preparation for my new DS, I'd very much appreciate it,

I will be picking up Pokemon Platinum, as I've already preordered and payed it off. Also, pretty sure I'll be getting Phantom Hourglass and the various Final Fantasy games. So yeah other than that, give me some good RPG's and/or other genres that are good additions to the DS.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Advance Wars Dual Strike
The World Ends With You
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Chrono Trigger

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
trauma center: under the knife is awesome and stands out as probably one of the only games around these days that's actually pretty challenging (go for the sequel too, although i'm not sure if that's out or not, shit i'm out of the loop)

honestly, i would advise against phantom hourglass, since it's kind of a waste of money. it's a decent game, but relatively short. the puzzles are pretty creative, however that doesn't change the fact that this game doesn't really take any in depth thinking to solve the puzzles. i'd just borrow this from a buddy (if you even HAVE one)

fucking pokemon can blow me (sure can't wait for the endless pokemon chats in the chat room - play some real rpg's you weiners)

other suggestions:

• kirby super star ultra
  • the world ends with you
  • phoenix wright games (except the 4th one, that one's kind of janky)
  • chrono trigger ds (although i would only buy this if you haven't played the original on the snes or psx, it's pretty much the same thing except with some anime cut scenes)
  • i also hear hotel dusk is pretty good
  • dem ff games
  • new super mario bros.
  • all doze castlevania games are pretty tizzight as well
  • last but not least go for some contra 4 dude

there are also many many MANY many other great games to choose from which really separates the ds from the wii

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Shit almost forgot about Chrono Trigger, thanks for reminding me. Castlevania as well. Also, yeah, still need options on flashcarts and shit so that info would be welcome.

I think I played the Kirby game on my nephew's DS. That shit was awesome. And yeah, probably going to pirate (ARRG) the majority of the games like Phantom Hourglass and etc. Heard good things about Phoenix Wright so gonna get that too. and TWEWY is a necessity as well according to the masses. Thanks bro

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
I just picked up GTA Chinatown Wars. I figured that I can wait on Platinum so I went on and got Chinatown Wars instead. Surprisingly, its great. It's like playing the old 2D GTA games with GTA4 elements.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Don't get Revenant Wings.

And yeah I agree with Steve about Pokemon, I had to force myself through the storyline of Pearl, it's extremely fucking boring.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Don't get Revenant Wings. if you don't have the patience for a RTSRPG

fixed

And yeah I agree with Steve about Pokemon, I had to force myself through the storyline of Pearl, it's extremely fucking boring.

aren't all the pokemon storylines THE EXACT SAME?

S

Shadow Soldier

Meh to the Pokemon. Trauma Center games are good. Phantom Hourglass is boring and repetitive, you might like the Sonic games. Hotel Dusk, Metroid Prime Hunters, Moon, Tetris DS...

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Flashcard? Hm, may I suggest the Acekard? They're only twenty bucks on DealExtreme.com and they last forever. :] Specifically the new Acekard 2i.

A game I could suggest is 358/2 Days :p And pick up Super Mario Bros.,; it's pretty addicting xD

S

Shadow Soldier

Flashcard? Hm, may I suggest the Acekard? They're only twenty bucks on DealExtreme.com and they last forever. :] Specifically the new Acekard 2i.

A game I could suggest is 358/2 Days :p And pick up Super Mario Bros.,; it's pretty addicting xD

shit I forgot to mention a flashcard.

If you want something easy where the root system and all that is really easy to navigate and the layout on the card itself during boot up, I recommend R4. It can basically do everything that any other flash card can do, so I don't know why people bad mouth it. M3 Real and Simply are other forms of the R4 but are a lot more confusing to navigate during bootup.

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I was looking into the R4 since they wont be available much longer on the market due to the whole Nintendo lawsuit thing. I also heard of the Acekard and it's cheap so that would work too. I was gonna jump on the CycloDS but it's almost $50 so yeah. Just need something cheap and dependable that will work no questions asked. No need for all the other features, just ROM playing.

Sonic games are always cool, as long as they're enjoyable. My sis had Sonic Rush and I liked that.

Good games/ideas guys. Thanks for all the help.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
aren't all the pokemon storylines THE EXACT SAME?

that and they're a waste of fucking time

pokemon red/blue/yeller:

this is pretty fun this is pretty hands on and it's easy to get into i really have a good time playing this and this is fun!

pokemon gold/silver/crystal:

hey this is like red/blue/yeller but it's much more polished although it's kind of the same thing except i really liked going back to the kanto region and it was creative

pokemon ruby/sapphire/emerald:

okay nintendo didn't i already play this game - and how many fucking legendaries can you possibly have - i mean goddamn let's work on this little thing called creativity - also why can't i return to any of the old continents

pokemon diamond/pearl/platinum:

alright this is seriously getting pretty damn old - these pokemon are uncreative - what the fuck 39 legendaries - shiny pokemon what the balls - jesus christ this is old - also this is a fucking ds where the fuck are my previous 3 continents

not to mention immensely tedious battle system

okay this pokemon is grass i think i should switch to a fire pokemon in order to - what the fuck where are my fire pokemon - goddammit i chose a water dude as a starter pokemon - fuck this i gotta go catch a ponyta or something so i can combat this grass pokemon - what the hell it's level 19 i need to be around level 30 for this boss - ok i got it all built up - hooray i beat the boss - okay i think i just wasted a good few hours

:|

i personally think a pokemon mmo incorporating all four regions would be a fun game

come on nintendo let's try some new shit

i apologize mr. hokage for kind of ranting here but i dunno i just had to let this off my chest i am sorry man

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
shit I forgot to mention a flashcard.

If you want something easy where the root system and all that is really easy to navigate and the layout on the card itself during boot up, I recommend R4. It can basically do everything that any other flash card can do, so I don't know why people bad mouth it. M3 Real and Simply are other forms of the R4 but are a lot more confusing to navigate during bootup.

R4's are getting into a bit of trouble lately, I've heard. That's why I suggested Acekard.

And I agree with your pokemon rant.

S

Shadow Soldier

R4's aren't getting in trouble. You can still buy them in NA. In Japan you're not allowed, that's where the lawsuit is.

Yung

what is the best flashcard out there ??? I only know R4, is it the best one ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back