• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So if Ven is a Light and Vanitas a Darkness....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraKaitou1412

I know we can't be sure of either group, but it's been heavily hinted that Ventus is going to be one of the 7 lights because there is a chess piece with his symbol on it and Yen Sid basically said he will be. But it's also been pretty heavily hinted that Vanitas is one of the XIII darknesses by the same chess set and the fact that he was seen in 3D with a Xehanort.....so how is that going to work? Won't just the two of them fighting make the X-blade?

I mean it was an incomplete X-blade, but still.

So does this mean we'll get two X-blades on the field? One being the incomplete Ventus/Vanitas one, and the other being the complete one? Or will a Ventus/Vanitas clash be the base of the forging of the X-blade or something?

....now that I think about it though, two X-blades would be kind of awesome. Xehanort gets the completed X-blade, but Sora gets his hands on the incomplete one but completes it with the power of friendship/his heart connections. And then you have a clash between two ultimate blades. Sounds like something Nomura would come up with tbh.

I dunno. I've seen a lot of topics brought up about who is on what side, but I haven't seen any on what could happen due to certain people being on opposite sides.

Oh, I guess Vanitas being norted could interfere with the making of the X-blade, but....I really like the theory that Vanitas was norted during BBS, though I won't be disappointed if he wasn't and he and Ven don't clash in the war. As long as they do clash again at some point. Though a Sora and Vanitas clash would be an adequate replacement...

What do you guys think?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
An interesting question, but probably not.

Ventus and Vantias created the X-Blade because they were the intersection of two equal but opposite poles of light and darkness. That's what's needed to create the X-Blade. The Ven/Vantias method is hasty and unstable and must be done when both sides are totally ready. From what we've seen, the 20 piece method is more stable, more accurate, and doesn't need the prep that Ven and Vanitas needed.

Ventus and Vanitas, once reformed and saved, will probably no longer be those equal but opposite poles, especially if Ven's heart has been able to regain its original balance of light and dark.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The other problem is that somehow, they have to "make" that fusion happen, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what BBS made it look like.
I don't expect Vanitas to try and force Ventus to merge with him again after a battle of the two. He knows what happened the last time and he's not stupid enough to risk it with even more of Ventus' friends around imo.

Some time back I was heavily interested in them joining forces at least for a certain amount of time, because I'd be fairly bored by Vanitas being the guy just following orders again - he doesn't seem like the character who really cares for some X-blade or war to me (ofcoursethenovelsalsohintatthat), but I'm not sure if they'd focus on him / them enough to make something like that plausible.

I have to say though: I don't think a Sora - Vanitas clash would be an adequate replacement. Somehow, if anyone but Ventus clashes with Vanitas, I think it should be Riku...for humorous fighting style reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back