• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So if Vanitas...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzuku

Is connected to Sora, why does Riku fight like him instead? lettuce

Last edited by a moderator:

OSM1017

Re: So if Vanitas is connected to Sora...

Wasn't it Riku who taught Sora to fight in the first place? That's the only logical answer I can think of.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wasn't it Riku who taught Sora to fight in the first place? That's the only logical answer I can think of.

So how would Vanitas use something Riku taught Sora? o_O Not logical.

Darkness has a trend I guess. Bodysuits and battle stances. thebatman

Viku

I just think the whole Riku Fighting Stance thing was for SYMBOLISM ONLY

As a reference to Riku in KH1 (even if chronologically this happends before, but tis' a symbolism to the PLAYER)

At least that's what I believe...

OSM1017

Wen was that ever said.

(25 chracter.
If you remember in 358/2 days with the battle with Riku, Riku says to Roxas "Come on Sora, I thought I taught you better than that." Sora replies from within Roxas "What are you talking about? Look who's winning!"

That just seems like to me Riku has a history of teaching some combat to Sora.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Yes it was. Riku taught Sora to swordfight.
I guess Riku was expecting something to happen one day.

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm

Yet another question BBS left unanswered. Also, and unfortunately I can't remember which interview Nomura said this in but, Nomura at one point, when asked about Vanitas's suit, he just smiled and said, "Well, let's just say Riku didn't get his by accident."

Wtf?

facepalm this is all what I can think about. Again, questions left unanswered. I can't post a smart reply since it's 3 AM. Riku was always the one who wanted to see other worlds and all so there could be a proper reason why Riku taught Sora how to fight .

N

nub4lyfe

If you remember in 358/2 days with the battle with Riku, Riku says to Roxas "Come on Sora, I thought I taught you better than that." Sora replies from within Roxas "What are you talking about? Look who's winning!"

That just seems like to me Riku has a history of teaching some combat to Sora.
riku didnt say that he said this

31751086.png

B

brosandi

Honestly, the similarities to Riku were probably just put in to confuse people, and keep them guessing (ala Xion looking like Kairi).

Not that it matters, but in KH2, Sora actually does hold his Keyblade like that during battle sometimes.

KHplaya

I am going to guess that the reason rikus suit and fighting style are like vanitas's is because of either the darkness that made up vanitas lived on and eventually connected with Riku, or since ansem SoD possessed Riku he fought like that because he became somewhat of an apprentice to Ansem SoD (like vanitas was to MX)

thats all i could think of

GuardianOfLight

iim with KHplaya.. i think its the darkness, in "human form", fighting. not the actual person.

think of it like this. after riku became riku again in KH2 he didnt fight at all like he did in kh1 lmao.

B

brosandi

iim with KHplaya.. i think its the darkness, in "human form", fighting. not the actual person.

think of it like this. after riku became riku again in KH2 he didnt fight at all like he did in kh1 lmao.
Uh, yes he did. He still kept the same stance, and dark-based attacks.

A

Azrael

It's for symbolism.

And Xehanort's Heartless was using Riku to fight and Van was MX's apprentice so he must've taught him the same moves.

djam2410

i think that when the darkness is extracted from one's heart, then that suit/stance comes with it or something along those lines.

Shadow-Love

Okay everyone, let's just all agree we have no idea why Riku fought like Vanitus.

However one thing I wanna clear up. Vanitus' only connection to Sora is that Ven was connected to Sora to complete his heart. Which is why I think Roxas looks like Ven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back