• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, if the princesses of heart are apparently immortal, then how do you explain Kairi? (KHx-Chi)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waves_Blade

Looking at the trailer for KH-X(chi), the princesses of heart are all there, all looking the same (baring artistic style). The Keyblade War took place how many of thousands of years ago? So that begs the question, how in the world do you explain Kairi?

She’s a child in BBS, and she actually ages during the timeframe unlike the other princesses. There are 7 princesses of heart to keep the Realm of Light up and running, so what’s the deal with the 7th PoH back then? Is this an oversight/inconsistency with the lore or is it something else entirely?

I’ve thought as a possible explanation that perhaps maybe a princess of heart somehow died and another one needed to be born, but that’s just my own thoughts and besides, before Xehanort the princesses were in no apparent danger with Master Eraqus and Co. on duty, and Kairi was already born before Xehanort started messing around.

Thoughts?

(As a note, I also notice that Alladin and Co. in all the Disney worlds also haven’t aged/died, so I’m guessing its might also just be a Disney thing mayhaps)

Edit: And another thing, if Kingdom Hearts is still around in the realm of light prior to/during the Keyblade War, why do the PoH even exist yet?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ethy describes it perfectly, I think:

It's been confirmed quite a few times that this is not canon. The game itself even introduces itself as "a fairytale from long ago"Just think of it like a bedtime story about some iconic story, but the parent replaces it with a child's friends and family to make it memorable.

This game isn't canon or relevant to the main story at all. It shares the basic structure of the series but the similarities end there. If anything, KHx is the true definition of what we've come to know as a "spinoff."

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Still, between BBS and Kingdom Hearts, none of the Princesses aged. It is interesting to note. Maybe time passes more slowly on some worlds?

Waves_Blade

Ethy describes it perfectly, I think:

This game isn't canon or relevant to the main story at all. It shares the basic structure of the series but the similarities end there. If anything, KHx is the true definition of what we've come to know as a "spinoff."

Ohhhhh, okay, that makes sense then, but... why sign off on the making of a non-cannon game then? :/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ohhhhh, okay, that makes sense then, but... why sign off on the making of a non-cannon game then? :/

Why not? With KH Mobile gone, it's nice to have something simple and fun in this series that bears no relevance. Besides, Square Enix isn't developing this anyways; it's been outsourced to Success Inc.

Waves_Blade

Why not? With KH Mobile gone, it's nice to have something simple and fun in this series that bears no relevance. Besides, Square Enix isn't developing this anyways; it's been outsourced to Success Inc.

Well, I suppose there isn't a reason why not, just my own misgivings about the game. If this is made, does it squash any chances of the real story of the Keyblade War ever being told? (<- my fear)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well, I suppose there isn't a reason why not, just my own misgivings about the game. If this is made, does it squash any chances of the real story of the Keyblade War ever being told? (<- my fear)

If it ever will be, I don't think this game will make much of an impact.

DefiantHeart

Awards
I'm thinking that Kairi is probably like a part princess of heart or something like that. Maybe she's not complete like the others, so that's why "special" things tend to happen to her. Such as having a nobody, being able to weild a keyblade, etc. Or perhaps it's because she encountered all those things that she became mortal. It could also be the worlds you visit were all pretty much asleep, locked in a certain time so the princesses may seem immortal. Remember, Kairi is the only one whom actually traveled to other worlds of the princesses, so this may have broken her time lock on her body.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm thinking that Kairi is probably like a part princess of heart or something like that. Maybe she's not complete like the others, so that's why "special" things tend to happen to her. Such as having a nobody, being able to weild a keyblade, etc. Or perhaps it's because she encountered all those things that she became mortal. It could also be the worlds you visit were all pretty much asleep, locked in a certain time so the princesses may seem immortal. Remember, Kairi is the only one whom actually traveled to other worlds of the princesses, so this may have broken her time lock on her body.

These things have been explained though~

Kairi has a Nobody because Namine was born through Sora.
Kairi can wield a Keyblade because she underwent the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony.
And Chi isn't canon to the main story line.

All the PoH have visited Kairi's home world as well.

DefiantHeart

Awards
These things have been explained though~

Kairi has a Nobody because Namine was born through Sora.
Kairi can wield a Keyblade because she underwent the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony.
And Chi isn't canon to the main story line.

All the PoH have visited Kairi's home world as well.

Oh yeah, forgot they were all at Hollow Bastion at one time. Hmm, well I had one final thought towards this, and that is perhaps Princesses of Heart all have "fixed" age limits that they can be at. Though bottom line is Square Enix probably had a deal with Disney not to alter their princesses beyond a certain extent. Kairi is Nomura's creation, so he can do whatever he wants with her.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Oh yeah, forgot they were all at Hollow Bastion at one time. Hmm, well I had one final thought towards this, and that is perhaps Princesses of Heart all have "fixed" age limits that they can be at. Though bottom line is Square Enix probably had a deal with Disney not to alter their princesses beyond a certain extent. Kairi is Nomura's creation, so he can do whatever he wants with her.

Ay, I'd say it's more the latter with Disney. It has been mentioned that times flows differently in each worlds so that's the in game reason but there's also keeping the Disney character's signature appearances intact which is I reckon why the rule was set in the first place.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Ay, I'd say it's more the latter with Disney. It has been mentioned that times flows differently in each worlds so that's the in game reason but there's also keeping the Disney character's signature appearances intact which is I reckon why the rule was set in the first place.

It definitely has to do something with the timeflow being different per world. If you notice, all the Disney worlds run on a time that is FAR slower than the original worlds. Heck, it's even possible that RG runs slower than DI but we won't really know until we see how much the RG gang ages. You can see by BbS through KH2 that most of the Disney worlds run at a snails pace, hence why Belle is flawless despite being over a decade older, Stitch still looks normal, and a variety of other people are still completely wrinkle-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back