• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So I was thinking about Sora's Sacrifice......

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdompiano19

We all know how Sora sacrificed himself in order to save Kairi. And in doing so, when he released his heart, he also released Kairi's forming the nobody Namine, and Roxas from Sora. But we also see that the princess's hearts were also residing in Sora and released at the same time. So wouldn't that mean all the princess's possibly have nobodies too? What would make Sora and Kairi any different, well besides being main characters, and why did all the rest of the princess's hearts reside in Sora? I don't know if it's a complex Kingdom Hearts thing I missed or what but this has been bothering me for quite some time. Also, how was Kairi able to bring Sora back from being a heartless? Was it through her trying to save him? Sorry for all the questions:tongue:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The answer is that the other six Princesses' hearts were released from the Dark Keyblade (which vanished once Sora stabbed himself) and not Sora, that's were you got something mixed up.
Their hearts are not inside Sora.

Ansem SoD created the Dark Keyblade from the hearts of the six captured Princesses. It was incomplete however (seen as in it missing a Keychain) because Kairi's heart was missing, hidden inside Sora.
That Dark Keyblade is a "Keyblade of People's Hearts", a Keyblade of the third "family" of Keyblades that can only be forged by putting together seven hearts of pure light.

Master Xehanort explained this in more detail in his reports in BBS:
Xehanort's Report said:
The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War. Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person's reach. Only by gathering together seven hearts of pure light—hearts completely devoid of darkness—may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts.

As for how and why Kairi could restore Sora to human form, that has not been clearly explained even up to today.
There are theories revolving around this being both a special power of a Princess of Heart as well as having to do with the connection between Sora and her.

Luxu

Awards
You see, Kairi and the other Princesses of Heart cannot make a Nobody or Heartless, as they lack the darkness within them. And darkness is what is used to "give" a Heartless and Nobody life, they use it as a basis for creation and action. And Sora being brought back from being a Heartless from Kairi is a mixture of things, Kairi's friendship (or love, depending on who you ask) her light, and probably (But highly unlikely) his semi-awareness when he was a Heartless.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It really curious how sometimes people have this misconception that even the other hearts were inside Sora.
It's not the first time I've heard it, and I even thought that myself the first time I've seen that scene. Might be about how it's played.

kingdompiano19

Oh that makes a lot of sense! Yeah I love Kingdom Hearts, and sometimes I think I know it all until my brother starts asking me questions and I then realize I really don't know much about it. The lore is a lot to remember, I've read all the journals in all the games, and I still can't link the chains sometimes. Just need fellow KH fans like you to keep me in check:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back