• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So I was reading the french instructions...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rake

I live in a supposed bilingual country, where the polar bears roam, called Canada and we get the French instructions as well as English, I imagine in the US you get the Spanish ones or something...

So I look at the characters. Sora, Riku, Donald and... Dingo? yep, Goofy is called Dingo in the French instructions and probably called Dingo in all French Disney programs. I had a good laugh but then I got the thinkin'... is Dingo French for Goofy? Why couldn't they call him 'goofy' ? I mean, we still call Tintin TINTIN and not "DoucheGuy."

funny stuff..

Secret7thNote

hahahaha yeah I know how you feel.

I'm in Canada too but I live in Alberta so most of us don't know or don't care about the french language...

That's hilarious though... how do you get Dingo from Goofy??

I heard that french manuals are often the reason we get games a day late >.<
so lame.

rake

i thought about Dingo being an austrlian hyena, yet i totally forgot and didn't acknowledge that Goofy was a dog. my brain doesn't work too hard i guess but it makes more sense now :eek:

Secret7thNote

al...ber...tah? with the banff and the minimum wage rate and the beef? i joined a dinosaur gang in Drumheller.

/crack

yeahhhh by all rights I should be a redneck.

but.... I'm a city kid haha. To be honest I kind of wish I lived in Vancouver. However, Edmonton is pretty cool, and it has an awesome local music scene.

back on topic, I forgot that Dingo was an Australian dog too... that makes a bit more sense now. but why would the French use an Australian term? unless it was originally French or something...

rake

dingo ate yo baby mate. pour quoi!?

and Vancouver is ballin' to the Nth degree. i live there. and no, i don't live NEARBY and Round Up to the nearest city, I live smack dab in Vansterdam

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
the name change prolly has to do with the way names are translated sometimes in film/video games/other media....i guess sometimes the producers/whoever just dont like the name so they want to change it to something they like more or just something that sounds like their language more.

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com
its like "Ehh" in english but when its in french its "Boff".
i think you get the picture

Goofy is I guess a "Comment" so they would translate it into "Dingo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back