• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

so i got KH Re:Chain of memories...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixx

so i got KH Re:Chain of memories today and played a little of it, i dont really like the card system and the worlds dont really match the dimensions that KH2 and KH1 had, is the whole game gonna be like this or am i gonna be able to actually explore a whole location without going through doors and such?

Whats your opinion on this game?

Give a 1-10 rating of this game.

and finally, is it worth putting time and effort into beating it?

Thanks for all your opinions!

Edit:Is the story any good?
If so, how good? will it make me wanting more or just bore me?

Last edited:

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I give it a 8.5

Sora's story is repetitive towards the end, but Riku's is easy sailing. Oh and I like the card system. I really like the card system.

Last edited:

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
9/10

Honestly the deepest gameplay system aside from BBS, which even feels kind of empty until you get the better commands at the end.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
8/10.
Never played the actual game but I watched other people play it for me.

RoxSoxKH

The story is amazing, but the gameplay is failure. I give it a 4.10 at best, cause the one saving grace is Larxenes hips.
And the story... that too.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've played it and finish it. I think it was worth playing to understand more of the story on Sora. As for going through doors your going to have to, gameplay not bad, leveling can take awhile but seeing the characters that you won't see in Kingdom hearts 2 is worth the time putting in. Riku story is really short except for a few scenes, his gameplay isn't to bad. So that's all I have to say about it hope that helps.

Allister Rose

French Lover
so i got KH Re:Chain of memories today and played a little of it, i dont really like the card system and the worlds dont really match the dimensions that KH2 and KH1 had, is the whole game gonna be like this or am i gonna be able to actually explore a whole location without going through doors and such?
Whats your opinion on this game?
Give a 1-10 rating of this game.
and finally, is it worth putting time and effort into beating it?
Thanks for all your opinions!
Edit:Is the story any good?
If so, how good? will it make me wanting more or just bore me?

the card system is good once you give it a chance. once you get stuck on certain bosses, you'll be force to customize your deck a little more. still at the time it was a pretty unique system and really interesting.

and of course the worlds don't match the dimension, the game was originally in gba, each floor is one world with many rooms. of course they don't exactly like the ones in kh1 and 2.

i give it a 9/10, the story was very good and it was only ome-what repetitive. it's fun to expirement with cards and interesting how the floors worked.

Xenin

Banned
Gameplay: Pretty much amazing but from what you said is you don't like the gameplay so...I'd put it down. It's pretty awesome IMO.

Story: Good.

Score: 7

7 cuase...well you know cuase Re:CoM had crappy VA

Allister Rose

French Lover
i think the ending makes up for it. plus not everyone thinks the VA was horrible (i'm not saying i disagree)

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
The Castle Oblivion story was very well-written, the voice acting was some of the best I've seen (er, heard) in a KH game yet, and the card system wasn't all that tough to figure out. However, the Disney world rehashes were horrendous, and you pretty much have to work your way through an hour of Disney world rehash for a 5 minute cutscene of the REAL plot. Those cutscenes maybe worth it, but that doesn't make the work it takes to get there any less boring and repetitive.

O Lawd

It's kind of essential to understanding kh2, so yeah, you should push through it, the card system really has a lot of depth if you strategize right.

Xpectra No. Zero

mmmm well....i never played it, but i saw in youtub...the walktrought of the game,,,,this game is necesary to understand the story, i didn´t like so much than the others Kh ´cos they´re just walk and fight and walk and fight xD...anyway, my question here is.....=s while sora is in the castle, Roxas is meeting Xion right? ´cos i remember one part in KH 358/2 days...axel goes into a mission...and roxas is very sad ´cos the other members tell him, everybody related with the mission are died....right? That means, kh COM and 358/2, happen almost in the same time, didn´t they?,,,,haha about KH COM...maybe i give it... 5.4 points

Dowhax

Bronze Member
You could just Action Replay Max your way through. Anyways I'd give the whole game a 9/10. The story was awesome, and the gameplay got a little repetitive, but it wasn't really that bad. You get used to it after you get alot more cards in your deck. But the gba version was the best out of the two, except for GBA Sora's Halloween town world and Monstro world.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Card system is fun if you learn how to use it, then you can really get into the game by making strategies with all the Sleights you learn. And of course, the story has to be the best written out of any of the games so far.

9/10

Gram

Banned
Awards
7/10
sora's story annoyed me, tho riku's had great character development and the decks being locked gave me one less anoance :D

Xpectra No. Zero

You could just Action Replay Max your way through. Anyways I'd give the whole game a 9/10. The story was awesome, and the gameplay got a little repetitive, but it wasn't really that bad. You get used to it after you get alot more cards in your deck. But the gba version was the best out of the two, except for GBA Sora's Halloween town world and Monstro world.
well....i did it!! =s xD but is the same in all the floors...he find somebody..well in this case Nobody, who fights with him..and then he give you a card...What are these things?

AlbertJ

Awards
I give it a 7.5/10. I love the story and it really sets up KH2 well. I wasnt great with the card system and it did frustrate me sometimes but I still enjoyed it. Its a really unique aspect of the game that no other KH has. The highlight of the experience for me though was reverse/rebirth and getting to play as Riku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back