• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So i got a message from a robot on PS4....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

Sorry in advance if this topic is against the rules, And it should be noted I am NOT advertising these bots, I find them incredibly irritating and wish they would all just disappear from electronics in general. I made this thread to raise awareness of their presence, share a few stories of their failed attempts and hopefully educate the few that aren't tech-savvy enough to realize what a scam these things are and the damage they do.
and if this thread has already been done, then I apologize.

Have any of you encountered those spam-bots? you know the ones. They're these pre-recorded "people" who will try to lure you to a site that will either burn a hole in your pocket, or steal your identity (or both). Most of the time, if you are a guy, they say they are "22 year old females" who just finished college and are "bored" or hanging around with some friends and want someone to talk to. For girls.... I have no idea what they would send you, maybe the same but gender reversed? Point being, they appear EVERYWHERE there is a chat site, Skype, your phone, heck, even on PS4 of all places!!!

One that I encountered recently was on the latter console, by the name "Funraegan". At first I thought it was one of my old acquaintances from high school, who was obsessed with presidents, but after looking at their trophy bar, it was unsurprisingly empty. They did the whole spiel I mentioned above, but added a little twist to it, they've apparently been playing a lot of modern warfare ("that's funny Rae, you don't seem to have any trophies from that game") to probably entice what it perceived I was, the average, shooter game playing American who downs red bull and unhealthy snacks like there's no tomorrow. However, that is not the case with me, I shun those types of games and absolutely loathe carbonated soda (except sparkling lemonade, yum!). The funny thing is, the conversation just ended midway after I said I knew it was a bot, maybe it's programmed to stop once the other person knows the jig is up? in any case, that was the first message I got on my PS4 account, and I deeply regret that fact.

Has any of this happened to you before? I know it's happened to me a few times, but I want to know if anyone else has to put up with this nonsense.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I never talk to bots. If one messages me, I instantly block them.

Jochira

Awards
I remember that time when I knew nothing about bots and scams and a bot stole my hotmail account and then mailed my Wii... was fun seeing a bot mailing me and pretending to be me XD (the mail said that I was married and had a family but I was only 14 at that time LOL)

but yeah, bots nowadays are predictable. I actually almost never have to deal with bots ever since I quitted Skype, but year. I wanna give some advice for those ppl that doesn't know what makes bots predictable.

1. their profile pic is generally a random hot girl (almost said "grill" outta habit XD) that tries to show her breasts
2. their name is just random letters and numbers (not all of them though)
3. they will instantly flirt with you and tell them their gender, age and that they're single or say stuffs that makes no sense
4. if you reply so won't they read what you actually wrote (you can literally insult them and they won't notice XD)

btw, yesterday, when a random bot tried to add me at fb (insta-block), I find it funny how that bot actually had a friend and of cuz it was a horny guy from India... makes me sad cuz of my origin </3

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I tend to reply with stickers a lot.
Still, I had a person message me, asking where I was from and how old I was randomly. They said they found me on the 'list' or something and wanted some new friends, but like, I don't know what list. I thought it might be someone from here, but I didn't catch the name.

Sorry if you were the person who messaged me, I just got kinda confused and ignored you.

Soldier

Awards
I tend to reply with stickers a lot.
Still, I had a person message me, asking where I was from and how old I was randomly. They said they found me on the 'list' or something and wanted some new friends, but like, I don't know what list. I thought it might be someone from here, but I didn't catch the name.

Sorry if you were the person who messaged me, I just got kinda confused and ignored you.
Yeah no, i'm pretty sure that was a bot. If someone randomly asks you those kinds of questions out of the blue online, it's a guarantee that person is a bot.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
ok ok

we got sex and age, now we just need location

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back