• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So I can vibe all night - Open Challenge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
So I can vibe all night agwefd - Open Challenge

PC battle. Rules should be implied. Must be able to post at least once every two days, although once a day is preferable.

I'll be using my new character, Thomas Evans. See how he stands up.

Last edited:

Jopari

I'll take this if you don't mind. I'll be using Abel. Do you want me to dig up his template?

violent_anger

yeah, i don't want to dig it up myself every time i check your abilities. You can post first and choose location.

Name: Thomas Evans
Race: Human

Personality: He loves the good times. He's willing to work hard, but only if he sees prospects of good times. There are few things he takes seriously, his music being one of them. His pride in general is another.

Appearance: A spry young man, standing at about 5'8" tall. His hair is a dark color, and neatly cut. His face is plain but likable, with immaculate teeth and bright blue eyes. All over his body are tattooed in small print some of his favorite lyrics. On his right shoulder is tattooed a greek lyre.
http://www.ceu.hu/medstud/manual/SRM/pic/glthunder.jpg
This is Thunderbolt tattooed on the back of both of his hands.
His garbs are simply clothes, almost archiac. Normal dyed cotton pants, a long sleeved shirt, and a jacket. Worn brown leather shoes without socks, a a cheap blue cotton hat. All of this is rather filthy, as he rarely washes it. He always carries a solid gold lyre, much like the one tattooed on his shoulder.

Tattoo lyrics:
And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it's time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
~~~
I know we've seen a lot of bolts of lightning
Striking on the people and it's oh so frightening
And it looks like the tides are rising
Board your doors here comes hurricane George
I know we've had a lot of cold winds blowing
Poles are melting from the global warming
This forecast is the final warning
Board your doors here comes hurricane George
~~~
And when we block it out it doubles the pain
So we... double the dosage again and again
Pretty soon we off track like a runaway train
Try to run from the fact, we all one in the same
And the pain that we cause is the cause of our pain
And it's strange and we lost to the laws of the game
Called cause and effect, who the boss, who the slave
Who to pay, who to hate, who to fear (who's to blame)
~~~
take your halfsteppin, half ass little half diss
stick it up yo crab ass it could never match this
if you thinking you should respond to this song forget about it
unless you put it on sweden's biggest rapsite i won't hear about it
~~~

Abilities:
The lyrics on his body are his abilities. Often, but not always, they should be taken literally. When using his powers, He will feel the Thunderbolt and the lyric in question heat up. No one else could tell though. His tattoos are ingrained upon his body, soud, mind, and life. Simply removing the tattooes will not be enough.

The lyre is rather light-weight and magically enchanted. He can swing it around as a club if need be, for Thomas is rather decent in fighting. The magics have made the lyre diamond hard, immune to magnetism, and have given it certain offensive abilities. The seven strings can be pulled back and released, materializing an arrow rocketing towards it's target. The lightest and thinnest string sings a sweet, low lullaby that brings silence in its wake. The second and third use air pressure to create push and pull, respectively. The fourth effects both the ear and inner ear. Equilibrium and balance, along with hearing in general, will be crippled or completely taken. The fifth string affects the mind, and in effect makes illusions. The sixth makes an absolutely lovely tune, and has been associated with the Sirens by many. The thickest and heaviest string has a low tone, evoking sadness or depression. Shold the listener have a sad past, these memories will often be recollected. In an extreme state of sorrow or weakness, it may even bring death. These may be strung together in a song. For example, the first and sixth may be used together to induce sleep-walking effects.

History: In progress.

Qote: ‘There is no fool like a half-learned fool.’

Jopari

Abel smiled at the slight chaos of the neon signs. Each colour clashed with the next, creating synchronized chaos. He walked through the crowds, drawing looks of interest as he walked with Azure V tight against his back. The guitar was of more interest than the person, but that's how it always was on Freemont Street. The Las Vegas night was cool and calming to him, the crowd letting him through as he moved towards the throbbing beat of the music that had called him here.

The stage was full, packed with people and instruments. The songs poured forth as people crowded the stage, dancing in small groups to music from every genre. Abel parted the crowd easily, jumping up onto stage. The music faded as the neon lights shut off, from above thousands of tiny lights erupted into blazing points.

The half circle above them burned with pictures as the music played, everyone looked towards the sky, watching the show, as Abel watched them, dancing slightly to the music coming from hidden speakers. He waited for the music to end so he could begin his own.
~~~

I hope this is sufficient.

violent_anger

OOC: Cool and calming? Vegas is a fcking oven.

IC:

The music shifted to more somber songs. Thomas could see that a man had just leapt up on stage, waiting for his turn. He was obviously the follow-up act, standing there with a guitar. How lucky for him, he would be playing to a mesmerized crowd. Plucking the fifth and seventh chords, an explosion of sorrowful special effects burst out overhead.

Thomas drank deep from his bottle of beer. He would be the finale of the show. In a world of beats and guitar solos, few people respected the lyre or the harp anymore. Thomas would make sure a few dozen more people join that list.

As it turned out, the person playing now wasn't very good. A perfect waste of the illusions. Thomas plucked the first chord, followed by the third. First he would be drooping his head, then he would be pulled off stage. It would look like he had slipped, but the crowd would be care more that his music stopped.

A man in a tux had walked out on stage now, with his combed back brown hair. One of Thomas' drinking friends who called himself Eddy. He was chuckling a bit at the previous act. "And now, ladies and gentlemen, Abel R. Iverum!"

Jopari

((I like Vegas, especially at night. But to each his own.))

Abel watched as the man played, waiting his turn. His music wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't the worst either. Abel listened with his eyes closed, letting the music run through him. Something odd cut across the music, like a string being plucked from far away. Abel opened his eyes to scan the crowd, looking for someone who could've done something such as that, but the oddly attractive special effects caught his eye and drew them away from searching.

The strings called out again, a different pair of notes this time. The man on stage slipped, moving offstage as another man stepped onto it. The man was graced with a tux and had the air of official sanctions as he stepped up to the microphone.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, Abel R. Iverum!"

Abel smiled as the crowd cheered for a new musician, but his suspicions were aroused now. They'd never done this before in all the time he'd been here, and he doubted they'd gone through the extra trouble to make him feel special. He stepped up to the microphone, strumming a chord as he did. The crowd cheered again at the prospect of a song, but Abel scanned the crowd, looking for anyone with the look of a musician.

One man stood out to him, a heavily tattooed man standing with a beer. Abel smiled at the man and pulled held out his hand, beckoning him closer. He spoke into the microphone, "Come on, we still have room for one more act in this show, I believe." Abel beckoned again, smiling broadly at the man.

violent_anger

Thomas realized that the follow-up was talking about him. He apparently had a keen ear. Thomas really didn't feel like getting up, he was a little buzzed and very comfy on his barstool. You'd think he would want the spotlight on himself, after that applause he got.

Eddy was about the back off the stage, but stopped when he realized what Abel was doing. He knew the schedule well enough, and was well aware that Thomas was the finale. "Excuse me Abel, but that's not possible. Thomas is playing later tonight."

Good ol' Eddy, Thomas wouldn't have to get up thanks to his alertness. But since this man, Abel, seemed so intent on having a partner, Thomas felt he should oblige him. He plucked the sixth string, a low sound, but in the silence of the audience waiting for an answer, every ear picked it up. Eddy blinked quickly a few times, in a slight daze, then regained his composure. "Oh, but I believe we do have someone who can play at this time. Thomas, cut that out! You aren't playing now!"

Eddy was mad. He never liked being interrupted when he was talking, and Thomas was plucking away at his lyre while he was talking. He was creating another illusion, this time, of a man coming on stage, also in a tux. But this man had goofy glasses, slightly large ears, and a brown bowl cut. This man was holding...an accordion. Of course, Thomas was also making sure everyone in the room was yawning. They wouldn't plop on the floor, but their vision would be blurry. Not content with that, Thomas plucked the sixth chord, influencing them all to be more believing of the the illusion. He stopped when Eddy yelled at him.

"I'm sorry, but my friend here seems intent on me not playing. My other friend, the one with the instrument there, will be more then willing to play."

Jopari

Abel watched as the man with the accordion walked on stage, he forced himself not to laugh. The man with the lyre and the tattoos seemed intent on not coming up, so Abel decided he make do with what he had. He nodded to the man, turning back to the crowd. They seemed to be asleep on their feet, eyes drooping and their bodies swaying slightly.

Abel decided to wake them up. He strummed a chord, the sound cutting out over the crowd as he influenced the power in it, making it reach out to the people's emotion. He urged them awake, pouring adrenalin into their veins. The crowd looked up to the stage, eyes flaring back into life as they woke. Abel smiled and strummed again, this time following the chord up with another. He began to blend the music together, creating a melody of music that poured out over the crowd and into the Vegas night.

Power was wrapped up in the notes, pulling at the crowd's emotions. In moments they were in the palm of Abel's hand. He looked up and flashed a smile at the man with the tattoos.

violent_anger

The audience was awake, they were absolutely full of adrenaline. To Thomas, it was clear now that Abel had some sort of magic, he would never have woken up the audience, since they were magically drowsed in the first place. Thomas wondered which of the two was a better musician.

The illusion, for he was no man, with an accordion started playing horrible sounds, squeaking and screechy sounds like a cat on a chalkboard. How ironic for Thomas to disillusion the audience using an illusion. After that, the illusion replied "sorry, I was tuning it."

Following this, he played a folksy tune. As it so happened, Thomas was friends with the people in the club who dealt with acoustics, and they even helped him set up a little sound amplification system. The song played on the accordion was all really a combination of the fifth and sixth chords. Thomas finally spoke, "Tell me Abel, you know the story of the Pied Piper, don't you? First he led the rats away, then the children. I think that if he played a third time, the obvious progression would be the adults."

The sounds of the accordion resonated all through the city block, and all 8 adjacent blocks. The people in that area knew how to get away without getting run over. "See ya, Thomas," Eddy called out as he headed for the exit. At this, Thomas plucked his last and heaviest string. Not to use any magic, but as a challenge.

Jopari

((Late again.))

The note hung in the air, a challenge. Abel smiled and stepped of the stage. His hands played across the strings of his guitar, creating a slight hum of sound. "The Pied Piper? Is that what you want to call yourself?" Abel asked, smiling slightly at the man. He found the placement on the fretboard and strummed a chord.

Abel spoke over the vibration of the chord in the air, "“When, lo, as they reached the mountain's side, a wondrous portal opened wide." The air pressure around him changed, thickening as the compression of sound waves traveled through them and held there with Abel's power.

"As if a cavern was suddenly hollowed; and the Piper advanced and the children followed," Abel strummed again as he spoke. The chord gathered the compression tight into a smaller and compressed form, preparing for the release.

"And when all were in to the very last, the door in the mountain-side shut fast.” Abel strummed once more as he spoke the final word and the power was released. A single bullet of compressed air fired, shaped and guided by Abel's powers. The bullet traveled at the speed of sound towards the man with the lyre; aimed for his head. Contact would see that his head no longer existed as more than a bloody remnant.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Hmm... sorry to interrupt... its just weird to me, that your character, violent-anger, has the exact same name as one of my friends... meh

violent_anger

" 'Fore the torches would burn and pitchforks could stab," Thomas continued the song, adding his own melody to the song. Though he played many chords, only his first held power. Abel had fired some air pellet of sorts using his guitar, as Thomas' keen ear was quick to hear. As a wave of air surged forward, the little pellet was swallowed up, completely nullified.

"As the children walked in, the rats came out, like a spring, like an ocean, like a river, a fount', " Thomas continued to play his song, now using the powers of his illusions. As far as Abel was concerned, Thomas' head had indeed been blown off, but that didn't stop his fingers from playing. From the horrifying stump of a neck, thousands upon thousands of rats seemed to burst out. Massive rats, the size of your arm, with eyes full of evil and malice, and above all, hunger.

"We feast upon your lies, your eyes and cries. The beast inside you ensures you'll die." Thomas still seemed to lack a head, as his fingers moved along the chords faster and faster. The rats had all crouched around Abel, each one a jaguar looking for the deadly kill. Slowly, they opened their mouths, and is a mortifying unison, sand a chorus from the pit itself. In a second, the tidal wave came crashing down. Thousands of rats came forward in a coordinated dance, like demon-possessed soldiers.

"And the beast inside heard its call, did its duty, and stilled its walls." Whether Abel knew that it was illusion did not matter, for it struck down at his primal instincts. Utter petrification was the result of him seeing his own imminent death. Thomas pulled back a single chord, the lightest one. As he released it, a short distance away, about a few paces distance from Abel, a sleek arrow materialized from seemingly out of nowhere. It would sink into Abel's neck, the windpipe that brought out his voice.

edit: oh hay, you were using the real song, haha.

Last edited:

Jopari

((Sorry for taking so long. I'm having trouble coming up with a good response to your post. If you wouldn't mind giving me a little more time to come up with something I would appreciate it.))

Jopari

Actually, I sorta forgot about this. I'll have a post up this weekend, but I had four projects due for class this week and was incredibly busy with that bit of work. I'll have a sufficient post up by the end of today or morning tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back