• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So how many of you are willingly spoiling KH3 for yourselves?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

So have you let yourself be spoiled?

• Yes, I don't mind the spoilers at all and willingly look for them/discuss them

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • No, I've waited too long for the game to be spoiled for me

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redcrown

Awards
Sorry if the title sounds disapproving or accusatory, but I wasn't sure how else to put it. I'm only curious as to how many of you guys are not bothered by the leaks and don't mind jumping right into the spoilers.

I ask cause lately the only real discussions and activity I've seen on these forums lately are in the spoiler section, which I won't judge but I'm honestly just surprised about. It feels honestly kind of bleak that the game releases only in about a month and non spoilery activity is somewhat scarce on these forums. And also I'm somewhat baffled why so many of the members that have been here for years don't mind having the game ruined for them.

Which again I don't judge cause you do you, but I just don't get understand sentiment behind this, after we've waited literally years for this game, possibly 10+ if you've been expecting it since KH2. And to have the game so close within reach I would think would be more incentive for fans to stay away from all leaks possible.

So, this poll and question asks, have you willingly let yourself get spoiled and searched for leaks, or have you been more vigilant in guarding yourself against all spoilers possible? And if you have been diving into the leaks, how come? Help me understand.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If by willingly you mean having to look at this stuff and know what's been leaked and talk about so I can properly moderate then yes, I willingly looked at the leaks :(

I wish I could have been guarded and protected. I've seen a lot of amazing footage but it would have been magical experiencing all of that for the first time on my own TV, maybe with my PSVR headset on so I can experience it on the "large screen" mode.

But I don't think we should judge the people who wanted to look at the leaks in spite of it coming through leaks. Some people can enjoy media despite knowing what happens. I do it with TV shows sometimes; I'd read a recap before watching but I still enjoy it. I don't see it primarily as that different to people looking at spoilers for the Japanese version of the game while we all wait for the English version to come out months later. The only difference, this time, is that this came through illegal leaks (which really sucks and those attention whores should have kept it all to themselves, but that's a different topic).

Muke

whatever
Awards
And also I'm somewhat baffled why so many of the members that have been here for years don't mind having the game ruined for them.
You're assuming the game will be ruined for every individual just because they know some story/gameplay details. Not the case for everybody, me for example.
Which again I don't judge cause you do you, but I just don't get understand sentiment behind this, after we've waited literally years for this game, possibly 10+ if you've been expecting it since KH2
Eh, honestly it just makes me look forward to the game more. Everything I have found out from the leaks makes me want to play the game even more (mostly gameplay but still) so I don't understand why spoiling oneself is often considered like this huge thing. Not really talking about you specifically, but it's also all over twitter.

So, this poll and question asks, have you willingly let yourself get spoiled and searched for leaks, or have you been more vigilant in guarding yourself against all spoilers possible? And if you have been diving into the leaks, how come? Help me understand.
I have! And I'm not sad about it. Again, it makes me look forward to the game way more. The reason why I'm doing it is simple, I just don't really care? The story has not been spoiled AT ALL (rumours about some details are going around but they are just rumours) and there have been a lot of gameplay snippets so I saw no issues with that. And even if I knew the whole story, the game would not have been ruined for me because since Ux I kind of stopped caring about the story a little bit. Some months ago, it was my main reason for playing KH, but that just isn't the case anymore because everything's a mess anyway.

Spoilers just aren't such a big deal for me. I can enjoy a game while knowing what will happen. And I'm still really hyped about KH3 and can't wait to finally play it for myself!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The leaker is only showing off gameplay and explaining some of the mechanics.
Far as I'm concerned, those aren't spoilers and really, I was hoping a lot of it would be in the normal press.

I'm logging off Internet.com as soon as story starts floating around, though

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I am not really looking or actively searching for Spoilers, but I don't mind if I see some and there's certainly nothing "ruined" for my personal experience.
I don't actively take measures to ensure I remain totally unspoiled nor do I deliberately seek out leaks, videos or similar stuff.

I might be sort of disappointed by some narrative choices they might make or if some stuff that ought to have attention is glossed over or just barely scratched and one can be sure that I will voice that once I've experienced KH III for myself, but it won't cause me to drop out beforehand or declare the game as "bad" from the get go.

I'm in this forum since 2010 and was a lurker/reader even before that and I never exactly cared for Spoilers as hearing one thing and seeing it for yourself is still something different.

Not to mention that obviously not all "leaks" can be trusted, might be influenced by personal bias or the leaker themselves might not exactly understand what is truly going on.
If I see/read something here by accident, screw it, not the end of the world.

Not having very high expectations to begin with may also help with the general attitude towards it that I have.

We spoil ourselves because we love the damn franchise and we wanna know what happens asap. No one can spoil the whole experience of the game. I knew things about KH2 before it came to the states and still purchased the game same day it released. I can enjoy it for the same reason I can read manga early and watch it later animated on the show. I know what happens but I haven't experienced it for myself yet. I'm actively looking for leaks everyday. I need all of them just as the name implies. Sorry for the loyalist who just simply cannot be spoiled and look down upon it almost as a Sin of Nomura lol. It's easy to not get spoiled. Problem is when people see things floating around they can't help themselves and indulge. It's been a 12 year wait I mean what do you expect.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I was willing to at first, but got bored as it's inherently more interesting to learn of these things through playing the game rather than reading about it. Since this is a video game we're talking about and not a TV show/movie.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
i've been trying to avoid any kind of leaks from now till release date. normally i don't mind spoiling myself, but in this case since the leaks came from ill-intend, i'm gonna stay away until i have the game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I was initially going to go incognito when it comes to Kingdom Hearts III, but these spoilers are too tantalising for me to ignore at this point. Forgive me Nomura-san, I have given into the darkness.

Now whether they will ruin my experience for the game depends entirely on the importance of said spoiler.

Currently Nomura has leaked more than any internet leaker thus far. Im sure this will be confirmed soon.

Hirokey123

Awards
I never saw gameplay spoilers as a big deal so I looked at them a bit, like the combined total of stuff I've seen in probably only 5 minutes. However I did read a bunch of stuff, some due to gamefaqs posters not marking their spoilers >_>, but otherwise I've kept myself empty on plot details. I played KH games a ton of times and I watched KH games a ton of times, spoilers don't lessen my enjoyment in fact I find people tend to overestimate how much spoilers actually affects people. If spoiling was enough to truly ruin anything you wouldn't have favorite movies and games you rewatch and play again and again and again.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Aside from some gameplay spoilers and more information about the worlds, I've mostly avoided crucial story spoilers. And I intend to keep it that way for the next month. I want to experience the plot points firsthand so I can make my own judgements and opinions

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I owe Chaser and Spock big time since they've sacrificed themselves to the leaks while I remain spoiler-free ;A;

That being said, no one should be shamed if they want to go ahead and peek. That's their choice, and as long as they're not recklessly sharing that information with people who don't want to see it, it's fine. But anyone who tries to defend the leaker or justify their actions can fuck off.

Currently Nomura has leaked more than any internet leaker thus far. Im sure this will be confirmed soon.

The only thing he's "leaked" was Ven being awake in that battle scene. Anything shown in official press material aren't leaks or spoilers.

LostArtist

Awards
I haven't, but I get it, I'm hella thirsty for more kh3 and have urges to cave in every now and then. Poor mods from anywhere who don't want to do it but do so anyways to protect the community (つ◉益◉)つ ♡

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like Chaser, I looked at the leaks to be able to moderate so it wasn't an active choice. I don't think it is bad to look at the leaks if you choose to do so. My only issue is that if you decide to share this information around to people who did not want to see it, you deserve to be reprimanded for it. People want to go into KH3 on their own terms. Don't force them to see them.

I also don't agree with anybody who defends the leakers. I don't care if they aren't spoiling story content. How they likely obtained the game and the fact that they are sharing content with people on the internet rather than keeping it a private thing amongst themselves is what I do not agree with.

I've seen some people around the web saying the people who are against the leaks are just jealous, but I really don't think that is it at all. I'm upset that the hard work and effort everybody who has worked on KH3 is being shown before they wanted people to experience it. They spent tireless years getting this ready for fans, and everybody has to work triple time to contain the leaks and investigate how this problem happened. It's more stress than these people needed and it feels very demotivating. What should be a celebration for launching KH3 for those staff members will now be tainted by these leaks.

LostArtist

Awards
on the topic of the actual leaker, they also spread negativity about the game throughout the web and killed the hype (◉益◉), poor kh3 team

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm spoiler free, going in 'blind'. The only information I'm taking in is from Nomura or the trailers. I am so excited to play this game but.... I just have NO desire to look at spoilers. I'm not even tempted to look as strange as that sounds. I look forward to the countdown. Already made plans to take time off. Have a schedule with my KH buddy so that we can get through the game at the same pace to discuss stuff. I'm locked and loaded to go in 'blind'.

To be honest, I'm surprised people are supporting these leakers. No, I don't necessarily think gameplay and stuff is spoilers.... but there's plenty of gameplay already in the trailers and materials provided by their press website isn't there?

One thing I've never been able to relate to is the impatience in this fandom. I have never felt such impatience despite how much KH has been in my life...

Back