• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So how many of you are willingly spoiling KH3 for yourselves?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

So have you let yourself be spoiled?

• Yes, I don't mind the spoilers at all and willingly look for them/discuss them

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • No, I've waited too long for the game to be spoiled for me

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LostArtist

Awards
One thing I've never been able to relate to is the impatience in this fandom. I have never felt such impatience despite how much KH has been in my life...

Is that a low-key jab at people who have given into the spoilers?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I've definitely peeked at the spoiler threads, but the current information is not that bad I feel like. I am definitely staying away from the KH subreddit though. I did watch the full opening movie, but that's it. I haven't gone looking for more footage. I do yearn to know some other facts like what's the total keyblade count, is there an Ultima keyblade, and who are the Final Fantasy characters in the game.

I am definitely avoiding all story related spoilers.

Is that a low-key jab at people who have given into the spoilers?

It appears to be a personal opinion. Don't look into it too hard.

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Not really. It's always like this. This air of, "I've been waiting 15 years for this! How dare they take so long!" "This game has been delayed 5 times!" "This game is never gonna come out people should shut up about it."

The more time passed these last few years, the more annoying and impatient people have become.

the red monster

Awards
Gameplay leaks are ok, but if the story starting to get spoiled i'm getting shit outta here lmao

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've read spoilers because I don't care about the story too much anyway. I don't expect any of it to make sense, since it has mostly been nonsense for shock value and drama since KH2. The only real big story spoilers I might not enjoy is finding out some character died or something because while the story isn't my drive, I do like most of the characters.

I don't mind seeing spoilers about game content, worlds, etc. because knowing what those things are doesn't tell you how they'll be. That can only come first hand. I read spoilers in general (not just KH) and doing so usually adds value for me. Being in the dark and waiting with nothing and nothing and nothing is much worse.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I indulge the leaks and spoilers because they can't impact my appreciation for the game unless the game itself is underwhelming or disappointing. I had like 90% of BBS spoiled for me before I played it, and I was still able to play it and form my own conclusions. I've played every game in the series multiple times, and the only one that doesn't fully hold up is DDD, because it's entirely structured around the subterfuge of the first half giving way to the twists and turns deposited into the late stages in a feverish rush of exposition-- which is to say it's a poor example of how to tell a story, but the other games largely succeed in maintaining the emotional trajectory that follows from the first playthrough. Doesn't matter how many times I see Riku-as-Ansem SoD reveal his true identity in KH1, the drama of the moment is conveyed through the lead-up to it, and the immediate fallout from it. If KH3 were to follow this model, no spoiler would make the game less effective at communicating its ideas with the kind of conviction of presentation that connects the audience to the material, regardless of any foreknowledge of its substance.

I'm upset that the hard work and effort everybody who has worked on KH3 is being shown before they wanted people to experience it.
The original plan was to have the game released (probably) this month in Japan anyway, which would have left the international community to deal with more spoilers than anything we've encountered at this point for the same, if not a longer, period of time. Nomura et al would have absolutely done that if it hadn't been for SENA pushing a global release model (and he's admitted as much) so I don't follow the call for sympathy. Obviously they didn't want it released through unofficial channels, but the fact remains that the game is done and the only reason it isn't out yet is due to marketing concerns. But yes, allow me to shed some tears for SE & especially Disney's bottom line. How will they survive this.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Haven't looked at a thing. I'm personally very spoiler sensitive and reading and watching all the leaks would ruin the experience for me. I'm a patient man, I can wait a month.

The issue is my bullsh#t recommendations section on YouTube which made me delete my KH history. And then there's KH stuff on twitter I gotta avoid now. It's not a matter of resisting spoilers, it's avoiding them that's my main problem.

Meow Wow

Awards
I'll admit, I've taken little peaks here and there. Once they started spreading to my other social media is when I decided that I won't look at any more. Knowing gameplay information won't affect me in the way of ruining the game, but it will take away the "wow" factor of something new. I also don't condone leaking a game before it's official release.
One the story is out there is when I'll probably drop off the internet for a while. I almost did with the gameplay leaks, but I decided it's easily avoidable and doesn't need a hiatus to avoid them.

maximumlight8

Awards
I don't really care for leaks, I'm not a big story fan for KH, only was really interested to see how combat was. I was gonna play the game anyway because I bought it on PSN.

Plus if there's any major problems in the game, I'd rather know now than have super insane expectations for this game and be extremely disappointed.

Last edited:

LostArtist

Awards
Not really. It's always like this. This air of, "I've been waiting 15 years for this! How dare they take so long!" "This game has been delayed 5 times!" "This game is never gonna come out people should shut up about it."

The more time passed these last few years, the more annoying and impatient people have become.

Ah I see, yea in that case I agree

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
It’ll probably change in about two weeks but as of now we mostly only have gameplay spoilers. In the next few weeks this will probably change. The leaker so far has vowed not to give many story spoilers.

Awards
I did check out the spoilers, but it’s just gameplay elements. Nothing from the story has been leaked. I won’t be spoiling that for myself though.

Neo_

Awards
I don't mind the spoilers as this is just a game and not that serious. It makes no difference to me if I see something via my computer screen or TV for the first time. Content needs to be able to carry itself on its own; we live in a society that values the "surprise factor" too much.

Borderline some of the reddit/YouTube "run for cover!" stuff is cringe; it's not that big of a deal. I'm also not huge on the story aspect and am here more for Disney, so that's why I may come off as jaded.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly, I wouldn't categorize anything we've seen as a spoiler except maybe the full opening. Everything else has pretty much just been gameplay related. The bigger leaker stated that he was EXPLICITLY denying any and all story spoilers and only wanted to show off gameplay stuff. Which I highly admired because it answered a lot of gameplay related questions we wouldn't have otherwise been answered until the release.

wwinterj

The issue is my bullsh#t recommendations section on YouTube which made me delete my KH history. And then there's KH stuff on twitter I gotta avoid now. It's not a matter of resisting spoilers, it's avoiding them that's my main problem.

There is a add on for most browsers called "spoiler protector 2.0". This has been very helpful for me when I'm wanting to not spoil myself while still wanting to use the sites I do normally.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think this is the perfect edit to end the year with.

lev9STp.gif

Thank you guys for moderating the Battle of 1000 Spoilers, and a Happy New Year to everybody!

January is gonna be crazy!

Recon

Art of War
Awards

lev9STp.gif

Thank you guys for moderating the Battle of 1000 Spoilers, and a Happy New Year to everybody!

Hahaha that meme is fucking great. You rule Fudge! Happy New Years!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

lev9STp.gif

This is amazing! Thanks for making it!!

Back