• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So how does the 358/2 Days work?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Ok so I'm going to be getting KH HD 1.5 ReMIX in September, and I was just curious as to how 358/2 Days works on it? are they just all important cutscenes from 358/2 days made in 3D? And can I view them right when I get the game?

BagelBreath

Awards
I think it's most of the cut-scenes relating to the main story. IIRC, Disney worlds are this just pictures. You can view them whenever.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Exactly, they re-created most of the main story scenes (even those only with text bubbles in the original DS-Version) as HD-cutscenes.
The tutorial scenes and some semi-important scenes as well as Disney worlds are depicted in text-form with HD-background pictures.

Yet still, you get 2 hours and 50 minutes of material nonetheless, so it's almost in a Lord of the Rings-scale.
And despite this much of content they still had to cut out some stuff so most of the important battles aren't really shown, only the scenes before and after the battles.

But yep, you can view them whenever you like. All three titles are available from the very beginning

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Like it was said above you can view the scenes whenever you want but apparently if you watch the scenes before playing Re: CoM you can get keyblades from Days in Re:CoM.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Oh my god that sounds amazing about getting new keyblades in Re Chain of Memories! Thanks guys for answering my question I had no idea they really put that much time and effort into this game, thank you thank you!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
No issue.
You do know however that the KH 1 version will be Final Mix, right?
It's no longer Japan-only, and we can assume that KH 2 and BBS will get the same treatment in the second HD Collection.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
No issue.
You do know however that the KH 1 version will be Final Mix, right?
It's no longer Japan-only, and we can assume that KH 2 and BBS will get the same treatment in the second HD Collection.
Considering that FFXHD and FFX-2HD are the International versions, I think it's safe to assume that all remakes of PS2 games like this coming from SE will be the FM/International versions.

meep2meep

Awards
I have the game already, it has 3 sections... Play, Chapters and Journal (and then the back button underneath to get to the main game menu)
Play is just the chapter section but it auto plays full voiced cutsences, sometimes the chapter is just text that you press [] which will turn into X for the na release to turn the page
Journal section is straight from the game showing Roxas' Diary and you hit triangle to show the secret reports
Oh almost forgot there is a section for character profiles as well.
There's over 2.5 hrs worth of amazing new HD cutscences.
If you want a screen cap/s just lemme know :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It only just occured to me to ask, if the gameplay will be changed? Since, that's one of my main complaints about the game overall. Anyone know what's been done to it or if it's been improved on, with it going onto the ps3?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
It only just occured to me to ask, if the gameplay will be changed? Since, that's one of my main complaints about the game overall. Anyone know what's been done to it or if it's been improved on, with it going onto the ps3?

Do you mean the whole thing or just Days because Days is just cutscenes. >_> If you mean the other two then I believe Re:CoM is the same as it was on the PS2. KH1 has been changed though, the camera is now on the right stick instead of R2/L2 and triangle is used for talking, opening chests, and using some of the abilities (like Strike Raid and Ragnarok).

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Do you mean the whole thing or just Days because Days is just cutscenes. >_> If you mean the other two then I believe Re:CoM is the same as it was on the PS2. KH1 has been changed though, the camera is now on the right stick instead of R2/L2 and triangle is used for talking, opening chests, and using some of the abilities (like Strike Raid and Ragnarok).

I meant Days in general. I thought you'd be able to play it and view the cutscenes; like we had on the DS. :3 I'm surprised we won't be able to play it, since you're serious that it's just cutscenes. I thought this whole you'd be able to playthrough all three storylines. I guess, in a way that's sorta of a relief.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I meant Days in general. I thought you'd be able to play it and view the cutscenes; like we had on the DS. :3 I'm surprised we won't be able to play it, since you're serious that it's just cutscenes. I thought this whole you'd be able to playthrough all three storylines. I guess, in a way that's sorta of a relief.

Oh ok. xD But yeah days is just cutscenes so you can just watch the whole game from beginning to end. Also everyone's assuming the same thing will happen to Re:Coded for 2.5.

BagelBreath

Awards

They fixed the gameplay by getting rid of it. :D
IIRC, they originally wanted to include gameplay but couldn't due to time constraints/the HD team is small, not sure though.

axel95

Awards
They fixed the gameplay by getting rid of it. :D
IIRC, they originally wanted to include gameplay but couldn't due to time constraints/the HD team is small, not sure though.
It was a combination of both. If you think about it, they are actually related. More people can get more done in less time. But yeah Days' gameplay isn't that great to begin with, so not a terrible loss if you ask me.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
It was a combination of both. If you think about it, they are actually related. More people can get more done in less time. But yeah Days' gameplay isn't that great to begin with, so not a terrible loss if you ask me.

Yeah if they took the time to remake a DS game for the PS3 it would take a lot longer to release these remasters. I'm not upset about Days but considering the same will probably happen to Re:Coded it's too bad because I enjoyed the gameplay in that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back