• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SO HIPSTER

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
KSX_corey.png

had an hour to spare so i decided to get one of my requests done. i kinda like it.

Vanilla

Well it does have nice text, a lovely background and a solid colour scheme.

However it's sort of a dead composition, in that there are few areas of interest for my eyes to focus on and then create visual movement.
It's somewhat of a static image, I think, in that it's rather simple to process and then I'm done with the image and my eyes want to go elsewhere. A good counter example would be tag in your signature, for instance. It has a lot of visual information to process and generates fair movement and offers many areas of visual interest. While the former deals with type and colour in a more elegant way, i can't help but be more so drawn to the latter image because it's more visually stimulating to decode the composition and events within it's dimensions.

If I were to try and identify why your tag has this problem, I'd say it has something to do with the smaller stock, large text, and somewhat linear background. Though I will say that I really like the event that's happening with the smudging (?) behind the large 'C' and the right side in general where the flashes of red create contrast and really work with the visual noise to create nice vibrations.

Just something to keep in mind I suppose? I have no idea.

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
However it's sort of a dead composition, in that there are few areas of interest for my eyes to focus on and then create visual movement.

this p much man

other than that it's nice, smudging and colours are very malibu just wish you'd put your own twist on it YOU GOD DAMN MUG

oh, and i love the text man :3

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Well it does have nice text, a lovely background and a solid colour scheme.

It's somewhat of a static image, I think, in that it's rather simple to process and then I'm done with the image and my eyes want to go elsewhere. A good counter example would be tag in your signature, for instance. It has a lot of visual information to process and generates fair movement and offers many areas of visual interest. While the former deals with type and colour in a more elegant way, i can't help but be more so drawn to the latter image because it's more visually stimulating to decode the composition and events within it's dimensions.

If I were to try and identify why your tag has this problem, I'd say it has something to do with the smaller stock, large text, and somewhat linear background. Though I will say that I really like the event that's happening with the smudging (?) behind the large 'C' and the right side in general where the flashes of red create contrast and really work with the visual noise to create nice vibrations.

Just something to keep in mind I suppose? I have no idea.

I agree, it is really simple. I kind of struggle with making complex/interesting compositions :x

I originally planned on using another style but then opted out to do a smudge tag. I didn't do anything else other than smudging and adding a noise layer. To be honest I kind of ran out of ideas on what else to do with it ._.

I think I might try using textures like the riku one does.

this p much man

other than that it's nice, smudging and colours are very malibu just wish you'd put your own twist on it YOU GOD DAMN MUG

oh, and i love the text man :3

you caught me ;p

(also i drew the text with my tablet)

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
For some reason I get the feeling that it seems LQ in some places and not in any others (the stock itself & near the light source). All I'd suggest is a bit of sharpening to clean that up.

Malibu

Awards
I love this. But that part of smudging (or unsmudged) near the 'C' is really distracting.

Also i'm getting back to our collab but I have been very lazy.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
i have ADD

this is all very off topic eric are you sure we should talk like this ;w;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back