• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So has anyone faced a difficult hardship in there lives?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxRebel_GirlxX

So like it can be anything
I just wanted to post this thread so people can get to know each other more.

So my hardship happened like around January this year and yea it sucked
I was diagnosed with anemia and vitamin deficiency because I never ate the fruits or vegtables my mom made me eat. The doctors gave me nasty pills that just didnt let me enjoy my food
Then later on that same anemia led to anorexia since I didnt eat which just sucked almost all the life from me since its symptoms were so painful and somehow I managed to get out of this situation when my own doctor said there was no hope. But there was and now Im here in this website:toungesmile:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Re: So has anyone faced a difficult hardship in there lifes?

I'm glad you made it, Rebel. :D

I have been bullied for almost 9 years, because of my bad temper... And my skin is in very bad condition. My grandad died last year, and few months after that my uncle died, too.

It's not that bad, if we compare it to yours, but still...

Oh, and I have a crush on one of my best friends. It's hard to keep a level, when I'm with him.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com

So like it can be anything
I just wanted to post this thread so people can get to know each other more.

So my hardship happened like around January this year and yea it sucked
I was diagnosed with anemia and vitamin deficiency because I never ate the fruits or vegtables my mom made me eat. The doctors gave me nasty pills that just didnt let me enjoy my food
Then later on that same anemia led to anorexia since I didnt eat which just sucked almost all the life from me since its symptoms were so painful and somehow I managed to get out of this situation when my own doctor said there was no hope. But there was and now Im here in this website:toungesmile:

I don't believe I've ever been faced with anything that could be called a 'difficult hardship' (unless you count being gay, which I do not count, as I think there are many more difficult situations a person could be placed into), although I do say congratulations on making it through what you did.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

i have to see a psychologist cause of my insomnia, i guess that's a hardship.

angelbabe74006

Aww, hell, why not?

My hardship lasted a long time; the first 14 years of my life.

My parents divorced when I was very young so I never really got to know my meth-head father, and I lived alone with my alcoholic mother. We lived in a crummy house next door to my grandparents, who were the ones that kept us clothed, fed, and a roof over our heads.

My mom drank an awful lot, except I didn't understand that at the time. When she would act strangely and quirky I didn't know what to think. Whenever she started crying out of nowhere and talking about how horrible her life was I had no idea what to think. When she threw up after a day of feeling fine I had no idea what to think.

Mom started dating around, and the guys she picked out were real assholes. There were a couple who were nice, but mom mostly met them through working together. She worked at gas stations and Hobby Lobby so...
The worst guy ever came around when I was in fourth grade. Things were really crazy then. He was a drunk, like my mom, and he was an angry drunk. The bastard thought that violence was the only way to solve problems. After about a year my mom finally grew a backbone and left him. He tried to pay her to come back, though.

After that chapter in my life my mom and I moved into my great grandparents old house that was infected with brown recluse. She still drank, but by that time I knew what to think. I didn't like it at all, but it wasn't like I had anyone to tell. My grandparents were already stressed enough and I didn't want to upset them.
My mom met a guy, and he was pretty nice to tell the truth. They hooked up when I was eleven, and were together for about two years. Spring break of 7th grade, while I was in Texas with my grandparents, they got hitched. I was happy for my mom, but I didn't know if I was going to be ready to move in with a stepfather and three stepbrothers.

I lived with them until the beginning of ninth grade. My mom still drank despite my stepfather's wishes, and there wasn't much he did to try and stop her. I didn't get along with the youngest boy that lived there, so I moved in with my grandparents. There were times I felt like I was just running away, but I think it was a better option than staying there and watching my mom continute to waste her life even though she had found some sort of happiness.

In 9th grade something clicked and my intense shyness and anxiety disorder turned into panic attacks. I was scared, confused, and I didn't know what was going on with me. I thought that I was going crazy and that I would be sent away. No one ever really told me why I was in spcially classes for people that were emotionally disturbed, but after everything set in I understood. The panic attacks lasted for two years along with depression. It wasn't until I started taking Prozac and went to counseling that I was able to sort myself out.
Sometimes I still have anxiety, and I'm still shy, but I can handle going places.

Sometime during 10th grade we had the house on my great grandparents land bulldozed and Grandma set up plans to build a new bigger one. Thae one we had built is the one I live in now, and I'm really happy here. We have two stories in our house, and that's something I had always wanted. We have 15 acres to roam around on. We have a lot of animals, and I seldom feel lonely here.

My mom doesn't drink anymore. She went to rehab. She did have a relapse at one point, but she attended AA meetings and got back on her feet once again. She is still married, and she even took a pracitcal nursing course. She works at a family planning center and is very active in the community. She went "Marching for Mamograms" and she volunteers at the SPCA. She's very hapy now.

I'm happy too, because I have a sense of balance in where I live now. I graduated with the class I've been with since I started school, and I met some really good friends during this time. I have my grandparents, my friends, and my now happy mom. These last two years of highschool were by far the best, since I finally gained control over myself and climed out of the emotional hole I fell into. After everything, I don't think I'll ever take smiling for granted.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

Wow, what a lot to deal with =/ (sorry, that probably sounded sarcastic, it isnt though!)

Eh, I've been diagnosed with arthritis of the spine, as well as some other wierd ass thing in my knees which sh making me unable to walk much... shuffling FTW lol...

EDIT: Wow... I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all of that...

Last edited:

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com

In 9th grade something clicked and my intense shyness and anxiety disorder turned into panic attacks. I was scared, confused, and I didn't know what was going on with me. I thought that I was going crazy and that I would be sent away. No one ever really told me why I was in spcially classes for people that were emotionally disturbed, but after everything set in I understood. The panic attacks lasted for two years along with depression. It wasn't until I started taking Prozac and went to counseling that I was able to sort myself out.
Sometimes I still have anxiety, and I'm still shy, but I can handle going places.

Sometime during 10th grade we had the house on my great grandparents land bulldozed and Grandma set up plans to build a new bigger one. Thae one we had built is the one I live in now, and I'm really happy here. We have two stories in our house, and that's something I had always wanted. We have 15 acres to roam around on. We have a lot of animals, and I seldom feel lonely here.

My mom doesn't drink anymore. She went to rehab. She did have a relapse at one point, but she attended AA meetings and got back on her feet once again. She is still married, and she even took a pracitcal nursing course. She works at a family planning center and is very active in the community. She went "Marching for Mamograms" and she volunteers at the SPCA. She's very hapy now.

I'm happy too, because I have a sense of balance in where I live now. I graduated with the class I've been with since I started school, and I met some really good friends during this time. I have my grandparents, my friends, and my now happy mom. These last two years of highschool were by far the best, since I finally gained control over myself and climed out of the emotional hole I fell into. After everything, I don't think I'll ever take smiling for granted.

This is very inspirational. Congrats to you and your mother, really.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

Aww, hell, why not?

My hardship lasted a long time; the first 14 years of my life.

My parents divorced when I was very young so I never really got to know my meth-head father, and I lived alone with my alcoholic mother. We lived in a crummy house next door to my grandparents, who were the ones that kept us clothed, fed, and a roof over our heads.

My mom drank an awful lot, except I didn't understand that at the time. When she would act strangely and quirky I didn't know what to think. Whenever she started crying out of nowhere and talking about how horrible her life was I had no idea what to think. When she threw up after a day of feeling fine I had no idea what to think.

Mom started dating around, and the guys she picked out were real assholes. There were a couple who were nice, but mom mostly met them through working together. She worked at gas stations and Hobby Lobby so...
The worst guy ever came around when I was in fourth grade. Things were really crazy then. He was a drunk, like my mom, and he was an angry drunk. The bastard thought that violence was the only way to solve problems. After about a year my mom finally grew a backbone and left him. He tried to pay her to come back, though.

After that chapter in my life my mom and I moved into my great grandparents old house that was infected with brown recluse. She still drank, but by that time I knew what to think. I didn't like it at all, but it wasn't like I had anyone to tell. My grandparents were already stressed enough and I didn't want to upset them.
My mom met a guy, and he was pretty nice to tell the truth. They hooked up when I was eleven, and were together for about two years. Spring break of 7th grade, while I was in Texas with my grandparents, they got hitched. I was happy for my mom, but I didn't know if I was going to be ready to move in with a stepfather and three stepbrothers.

I lived with them until the beginning of ninth grade. My mom still drank despite my stepfather's wishes, and there wasn't much he did to try and stop her. I didn't get along with the youngest boy that lived there, so I moved in with my grandparents. There were times I felt like I was just running away, but I think it was a better option than staying there and watching my mom continute to waste her life even though she had found some sort of happiness.

that is amazing, im sorry you had to put up with all that, though it must have taken a whole lot of courage to move on. congratz <3

angelbabe74006

This is very inspirational. Congrats to you and your mother, really.

that is amazing, im sorry you had to put up with all that, though it must have taken a whole lot of courage to move on. congratz <3

Thank you both! <3
Writing it out somewhere people could see it was something I needed to do. I was able to become strong, and I hope I may be able to inspire someone else to become strong as well.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

Thank you both! <3
Writing it out somewhere people could see it was something I needed to do. I was able to become strong, and I hope I may be able to inspire someone else to become strong as well.

your very welcome. it yes its always good to be very open about feelings, experiences etc. again very courageous.

~Gunther~

Website
www.marriland.com

Osteosarcoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Got diagnosed with it in January. Not going to go into too much detail, but I went through many tough rounds of chemotherapy, I got my femur replaced and some cancer nodules taken out of my lungs (which got delayed twice). I also couldn't finish my Sophomore year.

Now I'm done with chemo, I can walk, and I'm learning what I missed through tutors. I'm also slowly getting my social life back. :)

Faris

Perfect Harmony

Osteosarcoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Got diagnosed with it in January. Not going to go into too much detail, but I went through many tough rounds of chemotherapy, I got my femur replaced and some cancer nodules taken out of my lungs (which got delayed twice). I also couldn't finish my Sophomore year.

Now I'm done with chemo, I can walk, and I'm learning what I missed through tutors. I'm also slowly getting my social life back. :)

its good to hear your improving <3

Trag

Bronze Member

Um, I've got a few. My mom's got MS, so she's always acting loopy. I've been taking care of her because my dad is always working, and then at night my mom and dad are together on the couch, my dad's drunk, high, and falling asleep, so I'm always making sure they don't drop their cigarettes or cigars on the couch, which has holes everywhere, or spill their liquor. My dad pops pills and it ruins me. When I was 9 my mom was on real shitty medication and she said she was going to leave us. She called a cab and was going to go to Kentucky. I got fed up and tried to run away. I looked back, and there was no one coming after me. That's when I realized th at no one really cares. After a little bit I saw my brother coming after me in his socks, and that's why he's my only favorite sibling. I tried running away again at 12 when the same thing with my mom happened again.
Also, I've got ectodermal dysplasia, not a severe case, just in my mouth, but my teeth have been fucked up since I was little. I've always been teased for them. I'm kind of a nerd, so I get made fun of for that, too. My brother was ready to take his own life about a month ago, and he and I were closer to each other than anyone in our family. It not only got me sad, but pissed off at how flawed his logic of life was. He refused to listen to me, about how stupid he was, about how it's a selfish act to take ones life, and that he's not special in any way. We all live to basically keep everyone else sane, even if you aren't yourself. I've got no grandparents, I've got an aunt who's dead, and an uncle who's dead. I've got another uncle who might have cancer, and they're knocking out all his teeth to be able to feed him.

Eh, I've never been one for making friends or socializing, and I'm extremely lazy, so I think those could be considered minor hardships.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

I have Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) <(It's a link people)

I've seen alot of my friends die from it too. :<

I was harassed/assaulted on Halloween by a group of kids at my school for being Bi. My brother's nose was broken and his Fiance could face jail time. All for protecting me. :<

When I was little my mother had Ovarian cancer for several years and almost died. My dad is in the Air Force and was overseas at the time and unable to return. My older brother helped raise me.

Alot, of other stuff I would much rather not talk about.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour

i have to see a psychologist cause of my insomnia, i guess that's a hardship.

Oh really?

I don't want to pry, but how is that going for you? Do you think its working?

I have waves of incredibly bad insomnia, but seeing a holistic therapist and a counselor hasn't helped as much as I thought it might do.

D

Deleted member 36435

I have Crohn's Disease. <- Link
Which really sucks and I've missed most of the past three years of school and have basically 0 social life except for a few friends, this forum and World of Warcraft.
:/
It could be worse though.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

I never really faced hardships. I mean there have been things in my life that tested me, but I really cannot call it a hardship. I might have hardships in the future, but really what is a hardship. Is it fighting a disease or is it just overcoming the basic challenges of life?

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards

Sorry to everybody. It's tough out there.

Early in my life when I was in elementary school, my grandmother's dog passed away one day. It was hard for me on the account that it was the first death I had to deal with and I remember I was crying for hours.

Several years later, July 2006, my grandmother passed away. Another first for me since she was somebody I connected with and I regret for ever making things hard for her when I was younger.

About the time I entered Jr. High, I've been bullied because of the way I look, particularly my face. At least once a year I'm bullied, but I get back at people for my smarts.

I have asthma which isn't too much of a big deal, but I've been in the hospital twice.

My mom went through with a divorce of my ex-step-dad and so she doesn't make as much money anymore. She tries to work as much as she can to keep us supplied, but it's barely enough.

For something I've dealt with my whole life besides asthma is the fact that I don't have a father. I grew up thinking it was somewhat normal and didn't really question it a whole lot, but I wasn't able to do some "normal" things other kids got to do. I found out earlier this year that he passed away somehow, so he really had no real chance to meet me or see the woman I'm becoming.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards

My dad left the house cuase of drugs and that shat. He visits time to time and stuff. I could really care less if either my mom or my dad left forever, but, just thought id share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back