• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So for a little fun.. The Character Select Screen?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
So since we've not had any news recently, and we just seem to be having the same old theories and topics reappearing, I was thinking about the actual layout of the game. Then it struck me. The character select screen :idea:.

Now we know we'll be able to play as three different characters, presumably in whichever order we choose, so I was wondering: What will the selection screen be like?

Pretending that it could not possibly be a boring old menu [come on, let's use some imagination here :p], what do you think it could be?

Some pretty basic ideas that I had were:

Yen Sid's Office
Here you are able to take a particular book from one of his shelves, and each one reveals a different tale
Xemnas' chamber beneath Radiant Gardens
Xemnas can contemplate the past, as memories re-awaken, and you can choose which path to follow
Disney Castle
King Mickey either recalls his past adventures to somebody or writes them down and we enter his thoughts

The downside would be that not many characters in the present would know of Ven, Terra and Aqua, so perhaps an introduction set in the past would suffice. I'd love to see what ideas you can come up with nonetheless! Be creative! ^^

-- Andy

griever

Hmm... you know I didn't even think of that side of things xD
This is a good question though... perhaps there's a scene at the beginning of the game and at the end of it you pick which character to take control of as they all head off on solo missions? And then when you want to switch which character you're using after loading up an old save file you'll go back to that scene in a shortened flashback style thing and pick them. And after you've used them each at least once you just see them standing there and pick one? Not terribly great ideas but it was on the spot :p

Y

Yannis

Maybe Ven, Terra and Aqua are in the crossroad and if I choose Ven i.e., he will grab keyblade lol

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
i have an idea maybe you start as another character a character you only play for a short time, and you have to choose which one to be out of Ven, Aqua or Terra, kinda like in KH1 when you talk to Tidus, Wakka and Selphie with Sora in his dream.

Or you do a lot of options like questions and they start you off on who you are most like or most compatably with that would be kinda different but cool.

Project X

Website
mizzill.wordpress.com
It could be like in pokemon mystery dungeon.They give you a set of qeustion and if your more like ven terra or aqua. You get to be one of them.

Then another way. Each time you turn the game on it shows Vat and you pick one to play. Then there will be save points so you can save where your at at each part of the game. lets say if you picked terra and you got to maleficient and needed to turn it off You could find a save spot like other games. Then you turn it on got to ven. Ven could be somewhere else and not have to be in the same place as terra was saved in.

These are the 2 I htink how the game will pick a play. Nintandy. I think your ideas are great. I have an add on to the mickey one.

He is telling the story to sora. Saying how he knew them and things. But you dont know until the ending cutscene. You just see a paper and it has like Ven Terra Aqua. And speed, strenght, Magic(?) under htere respective names. Then you pick which one .Then after you beat the game you see mickey telling sora of this story.

DarkSoldier85

For 358/2 Days, I was thinking of (for the multiplayer version) having all of the characters in their chairs in the big circular room and if you haven't unlocked that character yet then their hood will still be up.

sunkiss

Awards
Website
www.mudkipz.ws
It could be like in pokemon mystery dungeon.They give you a set of qeustion and if your more like ven terra or aqua. You get to be one of them.

That would suck.
If I get Aqua.
Me = Male.
Aqua = Female.
Not that I have anything against females, but it just wouldn't fit.

I was thinking more like for different parts of the game you switch.
I.E.
1st Part of the story = Ven
2nd Part of the story = Aqua
3rd Part of the story = Terra

Raiko

Come break me down

i dunno it might not be fair coz if you desperately want to be Ven for example you might get someone that you dont want to be...yet...(if ya dont understand it then ignore it soz about the grammar)

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I think the select screen will just be like the screen choosing your difficulty except it'll say their names. I doubt the would have pictures of them or anything, it'll probably just be like all the other menus.

And hopefully this will be the layout

New Game
Load
Theater

Last edited:

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
I think the way we choose the character we want to play will be the menu that pops up when you select new game. And after you've played as one character for a while, on the start up screen there will be a new title you can select, Choose Character. It will go right between New Game and Load. But idk, that's just what I think.:)

Erlix

I think that the new game and load game menu will be the same and when you start a new game after the opening VAT appear and you have to choose one of them.

antiroxas

yeah!! or maybe a video of what the character does through the game that way it helps you know what your in for.. you know, like a mini prieview at the menu screen.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I think it'll be the traditional KH menu. You press new game, select diffuculty but then Ven, Terra and the third playable character (we still don't know who's the third playable character, I'm hoping for Mickey) will appear and when you go on one of the characters you can see on the background a video of that character's gameplay (like antiroxas said)

And also (like Yannis said) if you choose a character, the character picks up his keyblade or does a baddass ability or something like that xD

I also want like in CoM, if you play with a character (like Terra for example) that the character (in this case Terra) appears on the background of the menu.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
And also (like Yannis said) if you choose a character, the character picks up his keyblade or does a baddass ability or something like that xD
Agreed. That would be totally kick ass!

Charlie K

Back in Business
It should show the video then have a selection screne, the 3 will pose or something, and show stats? and then you pick one and then it goes to another vid

Off topic can anyone tell me the name of the song playing during the two birht by sleep trailers?

Nintandy

Bronze Member
It is Fate of the Unknown if I'm not mistaken ^^. And thanks for the awesome posts people =D.

I'm loving some of these ideas. About the battle pose on the menu, I think it would be great if you had that on the left of the screen, then on the right a quick backstory and prologue to that character's segment of the game, perhaps laid out like an open book. That way you'd have a good idea of what you would be thrown into, and you'd get to see the character. Maybe you could have stats too beneath the character portrait / pose.

-- Andy

Charlie K

Back in Business
Thank you for the song name, it's for a project and I think the song would go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back