• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So.....DLC?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ZinC Podzzz

Awards
Since we are in this modern time of Kingdom Hearts, DLC is more of a possibility. Of course, Re: Mind will be coming out this winter, but will there be more? I'm thinking more about Disney stuff for this. Maybe it would be light on story and take place before the final battle. You know how the worlds are on 3 different pages on the world map? Like, The Keyblade Graveyard is in its own section. Well, maybe there would be a 4th section that has DLC levels. They could release months apart from each other. I'm thinking 4 worlds total. They could do worlds that we didn't get to see return, like Halloween Town and Agrabah, and also have new worlds, like Lilo and Stitch and Treasure Planet. Though, this would take away development time for future projects. This is all just an idea of course. Do you have any thoughts on this?

ngc50

Awards
I like your idea, but full worlds would take a very long time. I think it might be neat to see some returning original worlds with one or two iconic areas, and a couple quests to do in them. For example, a way to access sleeping traverse town first district and interact with dream eaters there

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura's confirmed there won't be anything else after Re:Mind and the freebies. After these have been released, they'll be moving on to the next project.

okhi12

Awards
I'd rather have a new game within the next 3-4 years instead of more DLC. Re:mind is fine, it -hopefully- will give KH3 a better closure than the vanilla game did, and then we can finally move on to the foretellers saga.
I don't want to wait 5+ years for that, and those Disney worlds you mentioned could appear in the next game as well.
Anyway, as much as I love the Disney worlds I'm way more interested in the original content and lore... specially after KH3 felt somewhat lacking.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nah, that’d be a waste of time, effort, and worlds. As much as I’d love to see them revisit these things, I think it is more important that they move forward in the series. They could just as easily do these things while also giving us new story and lore in a new game.

Awards
Yeah, it'd be better if these were done in a new game instead of as a DLC.

Speaking of ReMind, anyone hoping for a trailer at PGW? I'm not that hopeful but...

SweetYetSalty

Awards
After ReMind I'm ready to move past the Xehanort saga and into whatever madness is the Foretellers. Hopefully the next game they work on will catch up everyone who hasn't played the mobile games up to speed. I still don't know any of those characters minus MoM and the Zoo-Keys...that's my nickname for the Foretellers. Cause they have animal mask. Don't judge my nickname for them, I thought it was clever.

Awards
After ReMind I'm ready to move past the Xehanort saga and into whatever madness is the Foretellers. Hopefully the next game they work on will catch up everyone who hasn't played the mobile games up to speed. I still don't know any of those characters minus MoM and the Zoo-Keys...that's my nickname for the Foretellers. Cause they have animal mask. Don't judge my nickname for them, I thought it was clever.
It reminds me of Zoopals! :3
Disney stuff means Disney input and Disney deadline, so no.
"Oh you want to do an original story and integrate your plot in this world? No, that's bad. Very bad. You'll ruin the world we created. Elsa's hair should be like THIS, not THAT. You can remake the entire popular musical segment verbatim though.

Oh and you can't use the actual characters as summons. You'd be imitating Didney."

redcrown

Awards
Speaking of ReMind, anyone hoping for a trailer at PGW? I'm not that hopeful but...

Anyone know where/when we can reasonably new Remind content anyhow? At this point I don't really expect any gaming shows to have a trailer for it now, since it's low on the priority list for Square Enix to advertise compared to the FF7 remaster.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Anyone know where/when we can reasonably new Remind content anyhow? At this point I don't really expect any gaming shows to have a trailer for it now, since it's low on the priority list for Square Enix to advertise compared to the FF7 remaster.

There's a decent chance we'll get some news during Jump Festa. I'm not expecting anything from Paris Games Week or The Game Awards.

Awards
Well I figured Sephiroth would be a boss in ReMind since he was so requested, but it doesn’t look like that will be happening. If anything, he should be added around the time FF7R comes as promo, but if there won’t be anymore DLC after ReMind, that probably won’t happen either unfortunately...but you never know.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well I figured Sephiroth would be a boss in ReMind since he was so requested, but it doesn’t look like that will be happening. If anything, he should be added around the time FF7R comes as promo, but if there won’t be anymore DLC after ReMind, that probably won’t happen either unfortunately...but you never know.
If we are talking secret bosses I would have liked some Disney ones alongside the Organization members. Heck I would have settled for older ones like Hades or Maleficent

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The FINAL FANTASY VII gang can still make it in the next KINGDOM HEARTS game, seeing as how I take the FFVII Remake project will still be active for the next five, ten years. So FFVII can still be cross-media promotion because of how active the franchise will be, and Nomura will have more incentive to include the FF properties in future KH titles.

...unless he decides to replace FF with Verum Rex.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The FINAL FANTASY VII gang can still make it in the next KINGDOM HEARTS game, seeing as how I take the FFVII Remake project will still be active for the next five, ten years. So FFVII can still be cross-media promotion because of how active the franchise will be, and Nomura will have more incentive to include the FF properties in future KH titles.

If we don't get anymore FF cameos I predict Nomura will start making OCs based on them like Yozora and his crew

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If we don't get anymore FF cameos I predict Nomura will start making OCs based on them like Yozora and his crew

Yozora and co. were created at a time when Nomura was at his most vulnerable following his removal from XV. He's probably still upset but has made some degree of peace with what happened, so I doubt the trend of lookalikes will continue past Verum Rex.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking lol. Gimme those FF characters!

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Sounds about right. The one Final Fantasy I am sick to death of coming back in KH3. They would do that, lol. Well I'd be happy to see Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, and Cloud at least. Not so much the other two.

I think subconsciously I'm indifferent to Final Fantasy characters in KH because I know my favorites from V, VI, and IX won't make it in the game, like Zidane, Garnet, Terra, Butz, Faris ect. The only characters that would make my day, that stand a chance to actually appear in the games would be Rinoa and Gilgamesh. Rinoa because I'd love to see her meet Sora, and Gilgamesh for a multi-armed Keyblade wielding brute on a bridge somewhere.

Back