• Hello KHInsider Forum Members! Please hide all spoilers and discussion for Final Fantasy VII Remake in a spoiler tag, keep all titles spoiler-free, and do not share any videos/streams/images prior to April 9th 9pm Pacific Time. Anybody who fails to comply will be banned immediately for a week.

Snowbound



REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
SNOWBOUND

PLOT
It is the year 2030. Humans have waged war on each other for centuries, but in the year 2016 it went too far. Russia and the United States, the two countries with the most nukes in the world, finally became mad enough to unleash a nuclear holocaust on the Earth, destroying most of the human population. Those who survived were launched into space, searching for a new planet they could call home. In the Earth year 2020, they came across a new planet capable of holding human life. However, the new planet, named Glecer by the humans, is arctic all year long, everyday bearing snow. Old problems, such as different religions and ideologies, have caused conflict on this planet as well, along with the constant bitter cold always having a below zero Celsius temperature. Humans have become their own tribes and factions, all trying to become the best. Some have become savage, others maintaining their original way of life. Due to huge snow drifts, cities built by the colonists have been destroyed, making civilization, on this planet, nearly impossible. Another threat is the mysterious, original inhabitants of the planet, dubbed the Most (Mosst). So, you are either one of the Most, a barbaric yet intelligent race fighting for global dominance, or the humans, warriors who are fighting to survive?

RULES


1. No taking control of other characters/ godmodding.
2. No making attacks automatically hit.
3. No overpowering hits/ powerplaying.
4. Romance is to be kept PG-13.
5. You have to post at least once a week, otherwise you are sure to fall behind.
6. Only control as many characters as you can.
7. If you wish to quit, alert me beforehand.
8. Respect others.
9. If you make a short post, make it up in your next post.
10. No large gatherings of people, 4 or less please, unless preparing for war.
11. In coordinance with the rules, you must add, "Survival is a must" to your temp.



CAST

HUMANS
User Name-Character Name- Tribe

qster- Joeseph Samson- Snow Sneaks
Xiao- Madison Adilaide- Snow Sneaks
NightWolf- Sylvia Srone- Frost Runner
varsha- Rainer- Red Glacier
qster- Morgan Kosmos- Frost Runner
varsha-Kuma Ki Ki- Red Glacier
Sparks- Lilia Harnage- Frost Runner

MOST
User Name-Character Name

qster- Arkizar Maruso
qster- Marthesma Vilitov
NightWolf- Lanthe Sprak
qster- Ryuthian Azavath
 
Last edited:

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
JOESEPH SAMSON
Joeseph woke to the sounds of howling winds, blowing snow, and the pain in his body from the cold. His face stung as he got up, being partially frozen while he was knocked out. His body also stung, making walking feel like a chore. He looked around, the only color he could see was white- and it surrounded every inch of him. "I need to get out of this snowstorm and get to shelter. There's just one problem: WHERE AM I?" He shouted, feeling completely lost. He walked for hours, yelling for help, but this did nothing. After hours of walking, he found a small house, partially buried in snow. He kicked the door open, quickly holding his gun in front of him for protection. Nothing. He stepped in, seeing two bodies on the couch dead. They were the corpses of a young couple, kissing each other before being shot through the head. "God, may you guide these two to heaven." He said and prayed before the couch. He heaved their bodies on his shoulder and buried them in the frost, side by side. He returned to the well kept shack, spotting a book of matches on the table. A fireplace was filled with the embers of a previous flame, but too cold to use for the flame. He lit the match and the wood inside lit ablaze. The warmth of the fire quickly filled the room, feeling returning to Joeseph's body. He sat on the couch in front of the flame and tried to conserve his supply of wood. He found himself drifting into sleep, the warmth of the flame overtaking him. When his eyes began to close, he sprung up, knowing this would lead to his demise. "As long as I'm here, I can't fall asleep. I don't want to end up like that couple." He whispered to himself, instead sitting on the floor, rubbing his hands together for warmth.
 
Last edited:

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
1,058
Awards
0
Location
In the middle of nowhere
Sylvia Srone

Sylvia stirred at the whistle of the wind through the tree she was on, nearly making her fall. Quickly she opened her eyes to see the snow surrounding the branches around her. After taking a deep breath she sighed and slid down, dislodging her foot from a crook in the tree in the process. A small shiver went through her as she took a few steps. Every step caused the snow to crunch loudly. Loud enough for nearby enemies to hear if they were to listen intently. Sylvia came to that conclusion and stated running north. Her footfalls seemed to echo through the barren woods, empty but of the seldom bird. Trees passed by blurred through her vision. A sound that sounded to her right made her instinctively reach for the throwing knife at her scabbard. She froze in position waiting for the sound to occur again. It didn't. After several deep breaths she continued swiftly covering the distance between her, and for all she knew, more nothing. After only a few more minutes the cold got to her. Numbly she climbed a tall tree, found a ledge and sat down. She leaned against the bark which blocked the wind. I'll have to stay here until the worst of the storm is over. Sylvia thought, and shivered slightly again as the crisp air bit into her skin numbing her into a semiconscious state.
 

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
MORGAN KOSMOS
Morgan was walking through the desert of snow, searching for a member of his tribe who had not returned for quite some time. Also, a dangerous snowstorm was currently enveloping the land, capable of burying buildings, cover those asleep in the snow and suffocate them, or even freeze someone solid. He was currently tasked with searching for a female hunter and bringing her back to the encampment. "Sylvia!! Where are you?!" He shouted over the storm, simply reading off a list he was given. "If you can hear me, follow my voice!" He heard no reply every time he shouted these words. He held his arms close to his chest, trying to keep his chest warm. He spotted a forest of nearly barren trees ahead. "Knowing these youngsters today, they think that reaching higher ground is a good idea. The higher you go, the worse the fall...and the lower the temperature. Either way, she must be in one of these trees." He trudged through the snow, his footprints being cleared in a matter of seconds. He saw a figure clinging to the top of a tree. "There you are! I've been looking all over for you! I'm here to bring you back to the camp! Climb down and I'll carry you back!" He shouted to her, holding his arms out to catch her if she fell.

ARKIZAR MARUZO
The wind pounded against Arkizars' armor, a metal clank sounding with each step he took. A wooden shack was ahead, a small flicker of light shining from the window. "So, whoever is in their now didn't get the message? Well, maybe a little lead in that head will stimulate them a little." He thought, bringing the scope of his gun to his eye. He saw a man sitting in front of the flame, trying to warm up. Cancelling his breathing, he held his gun steady as he took aim at the man's head. The gunpowder in his gun ignited, sending a bullet heading for the victims' skull cavity. The man had heard the shattering of the glass and dove downward, the bullet soaring above him. "Crap, that was a perfect shot too. This thing needs a suppressor." He sprinted away, pressing himself against the side of the house, far from the windows line of sight.
 
Last edited:

Sparks

gone
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,877
Awards
0
Location
montana
Lilia Harnage

The snow cruched beneath her boots as Lilia walked through the snow. The wind tossed her hair to the side as she crossed her arms and closed her eyes. When she breathed in, her nose stung. She didn't want to open her eyes and see endless white again. It was sickening. When she did open her eyes again she sighed and looked at the ground.
"Is there any way that theres grass here?" She laughed non-heartedly. She got down on her knees and dug through the snow. Just out of curiousity. To anyone walking by, she would look like an idiot. She didn't really care, she wasn't freezing cold like other people would be. She searched for any sign of normal brown or green like earth, and there was ice. She continued to sit and hummed a little bit, thinking about what to do. She needed to hunt, but the storm would throw her arrows off course.
Camp sounded nice. Hopefully she could find something better to do, she didn't want to stay outside any longer today. She stood up and headed back. She was bored, which depressed her, which made her feel like crap. Being Lilia, she doesn't like that feeling. Shaking off a clump of snow that collected on her shoulder she smirked and silently walked on, hoping that she wouldn't run into enemies, she couldn't deal with them as of right now. If she did, it wouldn't be pretty.
 

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
JOESEPH SAMSON

Joeseph ducked as he heard a bullet shatter a nearby window, whizzing right over his scalp. "Who's there?" He shouted, leaning back, his gun pointed at the door. No one was there. He kicked open the door and quickly pointed his gun in both directions, the results being the same as when he pointed it toward the window. "I swear, someone was right here! Where are they hiding?" He thought. He saw footprints leading toward the back of the house, still faintly visible despite the storm. He pressed himself against the outside of the structure, jumping out with his gun ready to fire. Again, no one. He finally gave up, but decided not to go back inside. Instead, he walked away, walking backwards to avoid being followed. With a thud, he fell, landing on top of the back of a girl who seemed to be digging. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going. I hope you can forgive me." He said to her, helping her back up. "She seems too innocent to be suspected. Still, I should be careful, for she still could be the one who tried to shoot me." He looked at the hole, wondering what she was doing out in a snowstorm digging. "I don't mean to be rude, but what are you doing?" He asked her, looking over her shoulder.
 

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
1,058
Awards
0
Location
In the middle of nowhere
Sylvia Srone

Sylvia heard the voice below her and opened her eyes barely. Where am I? She thought in a daze. Slowly she recalled her thoughts. I ran here... After a few moments she clearly remembered why and where she was. "I'm here to bring you back to the camp!" A voice called below her. Not catching the last part she glanced down. Morgan. She thought. Silently she dislodged her foot and started to climb down carefully. At the last branch she swung down and dropped the last foot. Landing on the snow on two feet she stood straight, ignoring the cold as well as she could. So Morgan must've been the one that made that sound in the woods. She thought though part of her wondered otherwise. Better not speak my thoughts. She decided after a few moments.

Lanthe Sprak

Lanthe Sprak moved across the snow covered ground calmly. However, her hand gripped the dagger tightly, ready to draw it from its scabbard at a moments notice. I shouldn't be this wary about this. I'm scanning the area for any signs of humans, not fighting on a warground... Yet. She thought half smiling. She returned her attention back to her work of scanning the surrounding area. She progresed as slow and as stealthly as possible with the armor, flexible though it was. The only sound for a while was the crunching of snow from her footsteps until another pair of footsteps joined hers. Who's this? She thought moving close enough that she could see where the steps were coming from. A girl maybe twenty is just wondering around? She pondered the likeliness of this and decided that there had to be some reason. Maybe I should just attack now but she could lead me somewhere. I'd have to report though...She thought for a while but continued watching the girl. She came to a decision and she took a step to follow, hiding behind anything she could.
 

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
MORGAN KOSMOS

As Sylvia stepped onto the ground, Morgan carried her in his arms, holding her close. "We better get out of here. I sense a foreign presence nearby. You're going to have to cover me, but who knows. we might have nothing to worry about." He whispered in her ear. He carried her like a hero would likely carry a princess after freeing her from a dungeon, but Morgan felt that his situation was more of a man forced out into the cold to look for someone who might not even trust him. Either way, he had to do his job. The snow loudly crumpling under his feet as he managed to carry Sylvia across the desert of frost. He was sure there was someone following them, but he didn't know if they were enemy or ally. "I'm pretty sure someone is following us right now. Do you see anyone out there that looks hostile?" He whispered in her ear, scanning the area in front of his wind damaged eyes while he continued walking. Nothing but snow was in his field of vision, but that meant someone was sure to be ready to attack from behind.
 

Sparks

gone
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,877
Awards
0
Location
montana
Lilia Harnage

Lilia fell over when another person bumped into her. He apologized and helped her up. She didn't recognize him from her tribe, so that made her a bit suspicous. He spoke to her again.
"I don't mean to be rude, but what are you doing?" She chuckled and scratched her head.
"Thats not that rude. Well I was searching for anything other than ice and snow on this planet, mainly because this snow is driving me crazy." She said with a bit of attitude in her voice.
"Now if I can ask you, why were you walking backwards?" She said giving a smile. He looked pretty normal, but you can never be sure how safe he could be.
 

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
JOESEPH SAMSON

Her reason for digging in the snow seemed rational enough. "Seems reasonable. Actually, I haven't really minded the snow much...or at least as much as she has. She doesn't seem to be suspicious, but she doesn't seem very familiar. Well, there are more than the tribe I am in, so she might be from an enemy tribe. I should still tell her what happened though." He pondered, deciding on whether or not to trust her. "Well, there is a little, wooden house about 20 minutes away that I found and was resting at. Turns out that someone was waiting there and tried to shoot me. I was making sure no one was following me and I guess I wasn't watching where I should have." He explained the best he could. He then realized that it was very cold out, distracted by their conversation. "I don't think I have seen you before. You aren't from the Snow Sneaks tribe are you?" He pulled out his pistol and readied it in front of him, just in case he needed to use it. "I'm sorry, but I just can't trust you yet. I hope she doesn't want to fight me now. Killing her would be the last thing I would want to do. Please forgive me." He thought, afraid of her reaction.
 

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
1,058
Awards
0
Location
In the middle of nowhere
Lanthe Sprak

Lanthe followed carefully, matching her pace to the two people she was tracking back to wherever it was they were going. They continued trudging through the snow, and Lanthe began to see clouds rolling in. There's going to be a big storm soon and I still have to report back. I may have to hideout under any cover I can find if the storm continues at this pace. Lanthe ignored her thoughts for a while and continued to follow, staying in the shadows of the trees. Several moments passed and she stumbled when her foot fell into a hole. She grunted in surprise as she started to fall to the ground. Instinctively she reached out for a nearby tree to steady herself, and the tree shook the slightest bit. She froze in her place, cursing herself mentally.

Sylvia Srone

Sylvia, annoyed at herself, remained silent. I don't trust him, but I'll have to keep a look out. I left my bow and arrows not expecting anything to happen. They wouldn't be happy about my mistake. Sylvia continued to think about them for several minutes. Mentally, she shook her thoughts clear and came to a irritated conclusion. It doesn't matter, they're dead. Nothing can bring them back. I have to remember that. The moment she came to the conclusion a tree shook to their right.
 

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
MORGAN KOSMOS

Morgan heard a nearby tree begin to shake, which in a sense scared him. He gently dropped Sylvia and released a spray of bullets at the cover. "Come out now or I will be forced to kill you. Please come out with your hands up and lower your weapon." He yelled, machine gun ahead of him. He looked at Sylvia, mad at the fact that she didn't tell him where the enemy might have been hiding. "Why didn't you tell me if you saw or heard anything? Here I am risking my own life to save you, and yet you don't trust me enough to tell me where someone might be hiding." He shouted at her. With a sigh, he dismissed her, pointing in the direction where the camp was. "Just go, I'll take care of this. We should be pretty close to the camp, so you might not freeze to death. If you do make it, tell them to send some reinforcements." He then focused his attention back to the tree, trigger ready.
 

Sparks

gone
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,877
Awards
0
Location
montana
Lilia's face became serious as he told her about what happened. Only 20 minutes? Crap, thats not that far away. She looked around, becoming very aware of her surroundings. If an enemy went after him, then it could still be close. The guy started to speak again. "I don't think I have seen you before. You aren't from the Snow Sneaks tribe are you?" He pulled out his pistol and readied it in front of him. Lilia gave a smirk and reached behind her. "Nope, but I am really sure that you are not from the Frost Runners tribe. I don't know who shot at you but it wasn't me. And trust me.." She said taking out her bow and holding it to her side. "...I really don't want to fight right now." She said giving a chuckle. If he had a gun, then with her bow she didn't really have a chance if he shot at her. The best thing to do was to try to convince him to trust her and to get him to put the gun down.
 

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
JOESEPH SAMSON

"I can see she is innocent...or at least smart enough when she is obviously at a disadvantage. Either way, she seems pretty trustworthy. I might as well help help her do...whatever she is doing." Joeseph thought, slowly lowering his weapon. "I'm sorry, I guess I've become more paranoid than I thought. Anyway, why are you even out here during a freakish snowstorm like this? Here, I might as well make sure you make it back home safely. What do you say? Truce?" He said, extending his hand to her. He wanted her to agree for many reasons, two of them being the fact that, if needed, he could tell his allies where their base was located and he wanted her to be able to trust him, even though they technically were enemies.
 

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
1,058
Awards
0
Location
In the middle of nowhere
Sylvia Srone

Sylvia stayed silent while Morgan yelled. Without speaking after he was done she continued to walk in the general direction he pointed, still annoyed. She kept walking against the cold in complete silence, wary of her surroundings. What are the chances that the person, or thing, that made the sound was from another tribe? The Snow Sneaks? The Red Glaciers? Sylvia thought about that for a while then a new thought came to mind. A Most? Shoot. If it was a Most... She thought quickly, trying to analyze the situation. She came to a conclusion and started to run as quickly as she could to the village. I have to get help quickly. Grab my bow. Her thoughts raced as she ran, and she didn't realize she was in the village until she had grabbed her bow. Who am I supposed to tell? She thought and hesitated for several moments.
 

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
MORGAN KOSMOS
"Sorry I had to yell Sylvia. Please forgive me." Morgan thought, walking toward the tree with his gun up front, finger tight on the trigger. "I told you to drop your..." He shouted before fully seeing the other side of the tree. A girl, or at least that's what he could tell, had her foot stuck in a hole behind the tree. She was clinging to the tree, trying to escape. He stomped on the snow around her foot, causing it to disperse, giving her the chance to escape. "You might want to get away before reinforcements come. I don't have any quarrel with you, so you should leave while the offer is still open." He helped her regain balance, giving her a polite shove in the direction away from their village. "I guess more people hate me than I thought. Doesn't surprise me though, after the way I treated someone I was supposed to rescue." He thought as he walked in the direction toward their village.
 

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
1,058
Awards
0
Location
In the middle of nowhere
Lanthe Sprak
Lanthe didn't notice anyone coming until someone stomped on the snow encasing her foot, and preventing her escape. Shoot. It'll be hard to follow now. "You might want to get away before reinforcements come. I don't have any quarrel with you, so you should leave while the offer is still open." What? She stared confused until he pushed her away, not hard, but politely. I'll have to retreat. Maybe come back later. Lanthe thought begginning to move away. I'll explain to someone that this was the general area to look. I have to hurry. The storm is coming quickly. She started to jog away, keeping all her senses in use to the fullest extent. I'm not going to make it before the storm. She thought as the first flakes of snow began to fall, slowly but steadily.
 

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
MORGAN KOSMOS
The wind striking his battered face like a freight train, he continued onward toward their village. About an hour later, he had returned, asking if Sylvia had returned. The responses were always no, but he continued asking, until he finally found her. "Sylvia, you made it back. I'm glad your safe." He said, relieved she had made it back to their village unharmed. "Listen, I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. You don't need to explain what happened, I'll take care of it. Get some rest, I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. We're going to need all the people we can get." He walked away from her, a smile on his face.
 

Sparks

gone
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,877
Awards
0
Location
montana
Lilia Harnage

Lilia relaxed a little bit when he lowered his gun. "I'm sorry, I guess I've become more paranoid than I thought. Anyway, why are you even out here during a freakish snowstorm like this? Here, I might as well make sure you make it back home safely. What do you say? Truce?" He said, extending his hand to her. She thought about it for a moment. She was fine walking home by herself, she didn't need help, she wasn't a even a tiny bit cold. Then she came up with a plan. She shook his hand. "Truce, but you aren't going to walk me home, just taking precautions there." She turned, her back to him smiling a bit. "And I was out here hunting but its too windy anyways." She took a few steps forward and started walking away.
 

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,775
Awards
0
Age
25
Location
The Everlasting Daisy Field
ARKIZAR MARUSO

After hiding in a hole he dug underneath the house, he let his prey escape, sure that they would meet again in due time. Exiting the snow covered hole with little trouble, he peered into his sniper scope, searching for new prey. A girl who was just talking to his previous prey seemed to be walking back to her village. "That man doesn't seem to be of her tribe, which means that I can easily pick them off, since it doesn't look like they are going in the same direction." He thought, his sniper rifle aimed for the girls' head. He squeezed the trigger, the bullet flying out at high speed. "This one is sure to hit, no doubt about it." He thought as he walked back to the wooden house, ready for his next prey.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOESEPH SAMSON

"Alright, be careful." Joeseph said, beginning to walk away. A smile was spread on his face, happy that he had the possibility of making a new friend. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted someone with a gun, aiming it at her. "GET DOWN!" He shouted at her, not wanting her to get hit. He sprinted her way, tackling her to the ground and firing his pistol in the direction of the attacker. No one was there...again. "Are you okay? I think that was the same one that tried to hit me earlier. If you plan on walking by yourself, be careful, for they know the land better than us, so they have an advantage." He grabbed her hand and pulled her up, making sure she was okay. "I think, whoever it was, still is around here."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top