• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Live Action Adaptation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I believe he is refering to the protag not being "snow white" as in her skin tone. But from the image in the article she seems like a good fit.

WaltK

Awards
In this version, Snow White never wakes up because she can’t give the Prince her consent to kiss her.

EDIT: I mean, I assumed that was the aforementioned elephant. Apparently not.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I mean, the script can easily be altered so that the Magic Mirror doesn't have to say, "Her skin is white as snow," or whatever.

I could care less who plays who, but I just want these remakes to stop. They have been B-tier rehashes at best. Make new stuff, gaiz.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, albino's need representation too. Only ones I can think of in films are those twins from Matrix 2.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Curious to see who they get to play the seven dwraves. Would be cool if Peter Dinklage got to play one of them

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
That was one of the more sensitive topics, yes, and I'm not quite sure how to feel about that.

However, I was also talking about the fact that these live remakes are getting a bit...how to say this nicely...unnecessary? That's just my opinion though.

palizinhas

Awards
I mean, the remakes have always been unnecessary. The ones I bother watching it's to see a new version of songs I love - and BatB and Aladdin (the two I watched) delivered in that. I'm curious how they'll play the scary moments of the original, but otherwise I'm not really interested in this.

But like, if people have fun watching I don't really see the harm. People always go "they should be making NEW stories", and like, sure, but reimaginings of old stories is pretty normal, and it's not like live-action Disney is known for brilliant output being hindered by these remakes. Most of the movies by that studio are meh at best.

Lulcy

Awards
This live action remakes are as necesary as the animated movies, which is to say none had any need to exist when the Grimm brothers version already existed beforehand but they were made regardless and a bunch of people liked them.

Last edited:

Willow A113

Awards
I mean, the remakes have always been unnecessary. The ones I bother watching it's to see a new version of songs I love - and BatB and Aladdin (the two I watched) delivered in that. I'm curious how they'll play the scary moments of the original, but otherwise I'm not really interested in this.

But like, if people have fun watching I don't really see the harm. People always go "they should be making NEW stories", and like, sure, but reimaginings of old stories is pretty normal, and it's not like live-action Disney is known for brilliant output being hindered by these remakes. Most of the movies by that studio are meh at best.
Yeah but they’re putting so many resources into these remakes when they could put it into something else. If Disney had unlimited time and money, I’d say go for it, but they don’t.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This live action remakes are as necesary as the animated animated movies, which is to none had any need to exist when the Grimm brothers version already existed beforehand but they were made regardless and a bunch of people liked them.
Fair point. Guess it's usually more a matter of it being something I'm not interested in and that I personally would have wished for them to put that time and effort into something else.

There was also a time where i feared these live action remakes would detract from the originals, but I feel confident that the original animated movies are strong enough to last, while most of these remakes are their own thing that wont outshine or surplant the ones I am attatched to.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That was one of the more sensitive topics, yes, and I'm not quite sure how to feel about that.

However, I was also talking about the fact that these live remakes are getting a bit...how to say this nicely...unnecessary? That's just my opinion though.
Even moreso when most of the recent ones like Mulan, Cruella, this, the upcoming Hercules, etc. are barely anything like the film they're supposedly "re-making." I don't remember Cruella looking like a clown, and Mulan is dull as dishwater without the music or the comedy. And Hercules without the Muses? Who tf wants to see that? Why even bother? At least B&tB, Aladdin, and TLK mostly kept the look and narrative of the originals, and let the "new" aspect be songs made specifically for the remake, or backstories for characters who were a little basic in the original, or changes to make the female characters more involved (like Jasmine actually having some goal to build up to instead of simply needing to find a nice guy to marry as opposed to a bad one).

At this point, Disney calling them "remakes" is really them selling a lie. They're just using the popularity of the originals to lure an audience into the theaters to see one of their crappy live-action films (because 99% of Disney's live-action films are crap, POTC is one of the few exceptions), only to bait-and-switch with a movie nothing like what you were expecting to see.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
are barely anything like the film they're supposedly "re-making."
Yeah, this is the problem with some of their remade IPs. Like, if you're going to remake an already established film, then fans are going to expect you to adapt it 100% like the original film. Sure, take some creative liberties, but don't go from 100% fidelity to 50%. I know, I know, the remakes are to cater to a newer audience, but man, don't cater too much, which is what ruined Mulan. Catering too much to the Chinese market by making it more akin to the legend of Mulan killed it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, this is the problem with some of their remade IPs. Like, if you're going to remake an already established film, then fans are going to expect you to adapt it 100% like the original film. Sure, take some creative liberties, but don't go from 100% fidelity to 50%. I know, I know, the remakes are to cater to a newer audience, but man, don't cater too much, which is what ruined Mulan. Catering too much to the Chinese market by making it more akin to the legend of Mulan killed it.
They didnt even make it more like the legend. They just made their own Mulan movie with a few callbacks to the Disney Movie from what I heard.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
They didnt even make it more like the legend. They just made their own Mulan movie with a few callbacks to the Disney Movie from what I heard.
Pretty much. And they essentially treated chi like the Force from Star Wars.

This Snow White remake, I’m okay with to a degree, since it is one of the older movies. The one that started it all at that. But I’ll hold my breath and see what happens when it comes out.

Soldier

Awards
And Hercules without the Muses? Who tf wants to see that?
I do actually, Never really cared for them, If they just focus on him fighting the stymphalian birds then I'll be happy.

And in regards to this, another Snow White film? wasn't Snow White and the Huntsman enough even though Disney didn't make it? Ugh they're envious of Wicked again, and this is their attempt to remake it apparently. The ONLY saving grace this movie could possibly get is if Danny Devito plays grumpy.

Back