• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Snow White and the Huntsman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamboatwillis

[video=youtube;jFbHYUqeQjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFbHYUqeQjA&feature=topvideos_entertainment[/video]
Discuss... reminds me of Lord of the Rings in a sense. Have to see this film!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
They are really milking fairy tales this fall, from Grimm to Once Upon a Time, they are loving the money.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
This actually looks really good though I can tell the Evil Queen is going to carry this movie.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The Evil Queen makes it look good, but then I have to remember the movie will probably have Kristen Stewart talking and that'll bring it down.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Why did they have to put a battle\war in it? That Evil Queen has a terrible accent. Why Kristin Stewart?

*bitchrantbitch*

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The Queen is the only part that really interests me. XD
They put a battle in it to depart from the original; I believe they wanted sort of a grittier version.
But they're making another Snow White movie to come out a little after this one anyway, and it looks closer to the original.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I was more psyched for this when I thought Dakota Fanning was gonna be in this, but whatev's. I'm still interested in seeing it, even though it has Kristen Stewart. I think she could do it good if she puts any of the energy she used from The Runaways in it, since I think that's the only good thing she's been in since Twilight where she actually acted.

Plus, Charlize Theron <3

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It always worries me when the trailers focus on a character that isn't the main character. It's like they know they're not interesting enough and don't have the cool scenes another character would have. That's what happened with Tim Burtan's Alice movie.

Either way, it is looking kick ass.

loke13

The Evil Queen makes it look good, but then I have to remember the movie will probably have Kristen Stewart talking and that'll bring it down.
Kristen Stewart is actually a pretty decent actor when she actually you know...acts instead of that weird stumble/stroke thing she does in Twilight.

Steamboatwillis

DOES THIS REMIND ANYONE ELSE OF LORD OF THE RINGS?!
Kristen Stewart being Frodo and the people protecting her being the allies.
The Queen and her allies being the Orcs and they're trying to get the ring (heart) from Snow White

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
There are dwarves in it.

Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) - IMDb

Quite an interesting casting for them too: Nick Frost, Bob Hoskins, Ian McShane.

You can see a brief shot of them walking behind the huntsman.

My point on the Huntsman is still right on. This is still butchery of the classic story. Where does the Prince fit into this? Is there even a Prince? Who asked for Snow White to have action and adventure in it?

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Red, Beastly, Alice, the affore mentioned Grimm (though they already did a Brothers Grimm movie) and Once Upon a Time..... and now this. Making a classic children's story dark and gritty does not make it better. I anxiously await to see how they'll eventually turn a Mother Goose story into a movie like this.

If they want to do shit like this, simply say that it was inspired by the source material, and leave it at that. Banking off the name is so cheap. The Cohen Brothers make adaptations of old stories (they've done the Odyssey and the bible's story of Job) and only mention the source material at the end credits. It's so much classier. I think I would really enjoy this otherwise. Good cast, really cool effects and monsters, it's just not Snow White in any way other than that main plot point.

loke13

I was never really a fan of Snow White in the first place so them changing it up doesn't bother me in the slightest. Movie looks interesting, I plan on watching it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't like Snow White and I don't like Kristen Stewart (bar three movies I did like her in) but hnng Chris Hemsworth and re-envisioned story sign me on right now

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Today I was talking about Chris Hemsworth becoming the next big action hero, as a defense for him being in the Expendables 2, and as soon as I said "the Huntsman", this popped in my head...
[video=youtube;vPbIiLrNGZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPbIiLrNGZo&feature=related[/video]
Now all I want is to hear Hemsworth say "Darn the luck"

Shinra

Banned
Awards
DOES THIS REMIND ANYONE ELSE OF LORD OF THE RINGS?!
Kristen Stewart being Frodo and the people protecting her being the allies.
The Queen and her allies being the Orcs and they're trying to get the ring (heart) from Snow White

I agree... and the guy who does Thor in the movie Thor and the upcoming Avengers movie as the huntsman, this looks like a great movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back