• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SMT: Persona 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
I've been gushing over this game for quite some time now, but there were very few people doing the same with me. Or so I thought. Perusing through the GameFAQs forum makes me realize how happy I am to have a shared fandom... XD

I'm not a veteran MegaTen fan, but the distinct and unusual features of this RPG won me over. :D

The date of the release is set for August 14th~

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Have you preordered? Isn't there a special artbook or something if you do? I might pick this game up, it got great scores for an RPG, and I hear its like, half RPG/half sim.>_<; Thats soo coool. I havnt seen a anime-ish sim in a long time. For some reason it reminds me of Negima the manga.xD(School + fighting like rpg).

emos777

hey someone like me who isnt a Shin Megami Tensei fan but has interest in this game. but yea i saw this game and it looks interesting beyond belief so i might give it a try depending on what ppl hav to say about it

Z3120

Looks like a very promising overall game based on the reviews and what I've seen of it. I'm still contemplating if I should preorder it. Only reason why I'm still hesitating because if I preorder it, will I still get the nifty soundtrack? :huh:

Hanatori

Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
All copies come with the bundle package, don't worry. ;D

There is no preorder bundle or special edition package. The first print comes in a box, and only in a box. Inside are the game, the artbook, and the soundtrack.

If there was a normal version with just the game in it, the delay wouldn't have been so bad for people. :|

Speaking of which, where did you guys preorder? I'm getting mine through Amazon... because I had that nifty $10 gift certificate. *winks at monkey*

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD Ole, glad you used it.

EGM Review - GAME OF THE MONTH.

persona 3: 8.5, 9.5, 9.5 game of the month

I may JUST have to pick up this game. So the artbook, any sample art pieces? And the soundtrack, full game or just a few?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Well the reviews so far have been 8.5+. RPGamer gave it a 9. <3

Yeah, well, the reviews are most likely retarded.

Being the veteran Megami Tensei fan that I am, I am not looking forward to P3 after seeing the videos after the first trailer. Honestly, the art has suffered since Kaneko had almost nothing to do with it. The new music sucks, judging by pretty much everything I've heard of the OST. The new character and demon designs suck balls. Seriously, they made a f***ing robot girl. Why don't they just throw up a sign that says "we're trying to rip off NGE"? It's as though they've run the franchise through a generic mainstream filter. The gameplay may very well prove interesting, but the atmosphere, part of what made Persona 2 so interesting, is completely gone without the music, character designs, and art it once had.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hmmm, see I havnt played the other games, so I wouldnt know. So is the battle system really old school or what? I'm more intersted in the sim aspect...

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
The battle system's turn-based. You can't control the other characters in your party (besides the main character, I mean) but you can issue general tactics...

That's kind of like ye olde Devil Summoner, except the Persona games rely on "fusion" attacks that require more than one character to use. I can't imagine trying to get the A.I. to cooperate like that unless it's a command of some sort.

Hanatori

Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
There are fusion attacks, but I think you can only use them by yourself via 2 personae. Haven't seen this in action though.

EDIT: News from Atlus.
The positive buzz continues for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3:

96/100 (RPGFan) - I loved Persona 3. It delivered an experience that was both novel and familiar, and with the exception of the anime cutscenes and some of the voice acting, did so with excellent quality.

95/100 (Play Magazine) - Games like Persona 3 are the reason we play games. So, I cant say this enough. Play it. [Aug 2007, p.62]

90/100 (PSM) - Regardless of whether or not you like RPGs you should pick it up, because its one of the most enjoyable games weve played in a long time.

90/100 (GameSpy) - One of the best RPGs available, regardless of console.

90/100 (Deeko) - A story telling masterpiece.

85/100 (GameSpot) - At times shocking and always intense, Persona 3 is not a game you are likely to forget.

85/100 (Game Informer) - Persona 3 holds its themes together with solid gameplay and cool characters, and thoroughly rewards you for the time you invest. [Aug 2007, p.96]

84/100 (Game Almighty) - Persona 3 is an amazingly unique title for the Playstation 2. Even if youre not a fan of dungeon crawls, Persona 3 deserves your attention for its maturity alone. Gamers that are sick of typical JRPG settings will love the new atmosphere and relish the creepy style.

83/100 (IGN) - Amazingly deep, with tons of replayability in both the dungeon crawling and social link directions, Persona 3 is an incredibly engaging title.

Bearz

I liked it and was waiting for the game until it got pushed back, then I noticed (Rated M) -_-;

Hanatori

Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
According to ESRB, it's rated M for "Blood, Language, Partial Nudity, Violence." Nothing too heavy or traumatizing besides the obvious gun thing, but that's just my opinion. :/ You could order it online to bypass that age requirement, but of course, you'd need a credit card number... >_>;

Bearz

I think that the Gun think was what made it rated "M". My dothack//infection has almost the exact same things in the game, but the rating is T

I've actually watched gameplay from this game!!! Nothing like stuff you'd find in Resident Evil 4 geez...

No card either, sucks right?

I'll get it two years later o_o

Burn my Dread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back