• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Smoking Pot.?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Nice edit. Was about to respond to the previous..

...I rethought some things. =P xD

It has the same use nicotine and alcohol have. As long as they do it in their house and don't harm others, it's their problem and their choice.

But, Phoenix, the growing problem is that some don't do it in their home and harm others. =/ (Or, if they have children or siblings, the 'effects' might cause them to hurt their family in their home)

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
But, Phoenix, the growing problem is that some don't do it in their home and harm others. =/ (Or, if they have children or siblings, the 'effects' might cause them to hurt their family in their home)

Same for alcohol, no ?

Cid Highwind

The Captain
Yup. And that is why I do not like alchohol, either. So, if alchohol is so bad, why is everyone saying we should legalize dope and add another legaized and addictive drug to our world?

not everyone that drinks has these problems. however, i think that's why they will not legalize marijuana. legalizing marijuana would probably cause more problems because there are some people who think it's ok to smoke and drive....

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Yup. And that is why I do not like alchohol, either. So, if alchohol is so bad, why is everyone saying we should legalize dope and add another legaized and addictive drug to our world?

Because we have no right to forbid people to drink or smoke. It's their choice, not ours. As long as they don't harm anyone (if they do, they're accountable), it's good.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Because we have no right to forbid people to drink or smoke. It's their choice, not ours. As long as they don't harm anyone (if they do, they're accountable), it's good.

You keep on saying 'As long as they don't harm people', but they do. They don't mean to, but due to the 'effects' of the drug, they do harm other people. Not everybody, but drugs still cause problems of harming others.

Also people kill other people for drugs. People lose their jobs due to drugs, people get arrested for drugs...So, do you see my point? Why even have them if they cause so many problems?(Families even fall apart due to drugs)

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
You keep on saying 'As long as they don't harm people', but they do. They don't mean to, but due to the 'effects' of the drug, they do harm other people. Not everybody, but drugs still cause problems of harming others.

Also people kill other people for drugs. People lose their jobs due to drugs, people get arrested for drugs...So, do you see my point? Why even have them if they cause so many problems?(Families even fall apart due to drugs)
That doesn't just apply to illegal drugs. It applies to many medical drugs as well.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
So do knives. Should we outlaw knives?

You used that about three pages back...No, or we couldn't cut anything. I'm not talking about medical drugs, I'm speaking of beer, cigarettes, dope, etc. Medical drugs are known to cause casualties. But we need those, we don't need beer, cigarettes, or dope, do we?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Let's just say I just have a very good personal reason why I feel that way, which it's something I'd rather not discuss here.

Since we're getting all personal, I have a very good personal reason why I feel that you're full of self-righteous shit which I will happily share with you if you so wish it.

I'm not talking about medical drugs, I'm speaking of beer, cigarettes, dope, etc. Medical drugs are known to cause casualties. But we need those, we don't need beer, cigarettes, or dope, do we?

See: Glaucoma

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Since we're getting all personal, I have a very good personal reason why I feel that you're full of self-righteous shit which I will happily share with you if you so wish it.

Lol, no thanks, I dont care about what you feel. [look at what my sig says]

bla bla bla 25 character rule

Voltron

Silver Member
From the way people these days are if it was legalized then they wouldn't want it. They pretty much do it because they know its illegal.

But no I do not think it should be. It should be blown off the planet.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You used that about three pages back...No, or we couldn't cut anything. I'm not talking about medical drugs, I'm speaking of beer, cigarettes, dope, etc. Medical drugs are known to cause casualties. But we need those, we don't need beer, cigarettes, or dope, do we?

So you want to forbid personal freedom because of some people who happen to be irresponsible?

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com

because people are idiots. they all look for quick fixes to their problems. they don't care how many times you say its bad for you, how many times you say, "hey look at my relative here, she is a wreck because she smokes and drinks her life away!"

it means nothing, they are going to do what they want to do. its good to have laws to stop most dumb people, but determined people will get the drugs and alcohol anyway.

If there is anything i've learned, people will do anything they think they can get away with. to many people underestimate the power of these substances and don't get away with it.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Those of you against seem to think that if a person does pot, they will absolutely abuse it.

Guess what! You can do drugs and still be responsible about it.

How many people abuse alcohol compared to recreational drinkers?

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
Those of you against seem to think that if a person does pot, they will absolutely abuse it.

Guess what! You can do drugs and still be responsible about it.

How many people abuse alcohol compared to recreational drinkers?

it will be difficult to let that slide. true, people may not abuse it, but if you make it legal and people abuse it, what are you going to say? to freakin bad? its hard for anyone to make this stuff legal, since clearly the nation is very divided, and wether or not legalized pot would or would not create more issues can not be accurately guessed. perhaps if most of the country was like "this law is ridiculous" then they might start letting it slide. but since people do think that drugs are bad in some way, no politician is going to try to change the law (except for NJ weedman. he has been running in this state for office forever. obviously never wins, but its funny to see).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back