• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Small Update: Nintendo Ibérica decides not to distribute DDD in Spain.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I feel really bad for the fans who are missing out on this game because of these choices, but you can't threaten a company and expect to get what you want. The only way to ensure you keep getting these games is to show a positive genuine interest, by pre-ordering and purchasing the product as well as voicing your opinion to the company in a calm manner. Death threats don't get you what you want.

This.
Just look at Operation Rainfall. It took a while, but now we got some excellent games being localized because of them.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
You'd be better off learning English by the time a patch comes. Other than that, English and Chinese are the universal business languages, so it edifies you to learn it.

Not for me lol. I already know English and live in america. I'm talking about those poor people in Europe who will never get their game in their native language

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
These games were The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Pandora's Tower.

/edit

I think there was a fourth.
There wasn't a fourth, but they were considering branching out to other games that could use a localization in the future if I recall.

THE GAME

I saw this coming. What did they expect to get out of boycotting the game?
What annoys me most is that a lot of the people that were complaining about the game not getting Spanish/Italian subs were fluent in English.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
What annoys me most is that a lot of the people that were complaining about the game not getting Spanish/Italian subs were fluent in English.

Yeah every rant I saw about the matter was in English...not saying that they shouldn't get the game in their own language just because they know English. But I have played games in Japanese which I only half know, and I have still enjoyed myself.

I'd say that I would hope this would be an eye opening experience for them, and that they could realize that they brought this on themselves and that boycotting a game will not get you a fully translated version of the game but no game at all. But I doubt it...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Last time I checked, at least in the comments of the blog article there are way more people spamming and cussing in Spanish and/or Italian than there are writing in English.

Sorax 122

Last time I checked, at least in the comments of the blog article there are way more people spamming and cussing in Spanish and/or Italian than there are writing in English.

You are correct. What did Spanish fans think was going to happen with threats? Subtitles are not that bad. In fact i watch like anime and stuff all the time with subtitles. It's not that bad.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Boycotting is a fine way to make a statement and generally hurts any business. Anyone who thinks this is something Square is taking lightly is wrong. They drew a double edged-sword. Since fans have directly expressed they will do as much, Square has to recognize a loss of revenue. They want their product to be available anywhere and everywhere, continuing good pr and awareness of the series, selling as much as they can, but only if they can profit, naturally. They are currently saving by not having 3D translated and distributed, but they just cut out a chunk of followers, potentially forever. Depending on how long they continue to not cater to said regions, coupled with the accumulation of current and future titles that will be boycotted, they will generate a loss of figures, regardless. It's a lose-lose situation, because both parties will need to invest in eachother.

Since they are selling the title in a select few stores, there is a way for their marketing team to test the waters for future games, but it's not an accurate method since a large portion of those still dedicated may not be close to said retailers.

Now all the tantrums and the threats will certainly not help their cause; you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but the outcry solidified there is/was a fanbase in Spain. I'm not sure any other country would have acted more gracefully.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I wonder how Nomura must feel that his game wouldn't be released to the fans that support him. I think it's time for a KH3D:FM International release.

THE GAME

Yes, but that's regarding Spain not getting the game entirely. Before this happened, when people were just complaining about the subtitles, there were a lot of people complaining that were fluent in English that really shouldn't have been complaining the way they were. If they can speak English so well, why complain about Spanish subtitles to the point that they don't even get the game in English?
I'm not saying they had no right to complain, but the way they handled it by boycotting and threatening didn't help the situation at all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder how Nomura must feel that his game wouldn't be released to the fans that support him.

The game is still getting released. It will just be harder for fans to find it in Spain unless they got to select retailers.

I think it's time for a KH3D:FM International release.

How about "No."

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
The 3DSs there are only European region locked right? Not specifically states? If that's the case, you guys can try ordering the game online.

Abvirtual

Poor Spanish fans, but it's kind of their fault that this happened (I saw the boycott thing on tumblr) there was no reason for them to be very rude just for the subtitles not being in spanish :/

VerilySo

Poor Spanish fans, but it's kind of their fault that this happened (I saw the boycott thing on tumblr) there was no reason for them to be very rude just for the subtitles not being in spanish :/

True, but it's also not fair to generalize all the Spanish players in this way. My friend who lives in Spain didn't even know about the boycotts, and I had to break it to him that buying the game is that much more inconvenient for him.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
True, but it's also not fair to generalize all the Spanish players in this way. My friend who lives in Spain didn't even know about the boycotts, and I had to break it to him that buying the game is that much more inconvenient for him.
I agree.I was thinking earlier that not all Spanish fans wanted to boycott the game.
The ones who did had just ruined the game for everyone else ;A;

totalkhfan

I don't live in Spain (or Europe for that matter) but I feel SOOO bad for fans in Spain..... I keep hoping they'll do something about it in the near future but what can they do without spending a bunch of money? But you know what? Scratch that. They should use the money they get from all the other sales for the game and use it to fund subbing for Spanish and Italian fans. They deserve this game, because as some other people have said KH3 won't even make much sense without 3D (if they even get IT!) And everyone who wants the game should be able to play it... In the language they understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back