• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Small-Talk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Anything, no matter how trivial, is usually better than AWKWARD SILENCE.

I'd go for "How are you (today)?" and it should take off from there.

If not, then start talking about yourself, or things that have happened to you, which should lead to a response.
I have a habit for starting conversations with strangers in lifts - I feel compulsed to talk and have blurted out some really random and revealing things.

You can talk to me any day, baby.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
You can talk to me any day, baby.

But with you, I'm sure we're not talking about anything small.

To say something vaguely worthwhile that isn't just a bad joke, people need to stop making such a big deal about something as natural as conversation.
Just go for it, and it will get easier after a few times with positive results.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I'm not good with small talk. The way I solve this problem is that I ask questions and try to multiple of questions that aren't rude or offensive, that's one of way of how I solve my problems with small-talk, lame, I know but it helps.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Yeah, not too good at this either, but what I"ve been doing recently is kinda just talking about what plans they have for the weekend, or sometimes music tastes, or even homework at times. It takes lots of practice to be good at making good and not awkward small talk. And each awkward silence a gay baby is born, remember that ;)

Sora05

I've never really had a problem with this. What I always do when walking with a girl down the hall I'll say something about a test I just had, something I did over the weekend or asking what they did. Also ask what they plan on doing over the weekend or even ask them about movies that are in the theatre.

Really any of these work. ^.^

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
I hate small talk. But it really is true, talking about a shitty teacher can make friends of anyone xP. My Algebra teacher sucks, he even threw chairs around a room during my class O.O. Well, now "throw" but he pushed the chair, it hit some poor dude in the back. And the principal caught him. But he still has a job. WTF?

Anyway, off topic. Just ask questions that wouldn't normally just be yes or no, if you start asking the yes or no questions, then the conversation just dies.

Katsuno_Hitomi

I have a problem with small talk, too. My main thing is that all I do is listen to what the other person is saying and by the time I think of something to say, the convrsation is over. I'm sure my real-life pals apprecitate me listening, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back