• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Sly Cooper Movie Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Sly Cooper Movie Announced - IGN

This was all I asked for when I saw the Ratchet and Clank film(minus a Jak and Daxter film). It feels really weird seeing the characters so detailed(especially Bentley's face.. eurgh), but diddly I'm so happy at even the idea of this series get a film.

On another note.. Sly's voice. wut.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
That... looked a lot better than I was expecting.

I kinda liked Sly's voice too. Murray's design is a bit off, though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hate Murray's design. :c

But all my love to Sly (and his voice) and Bentley <3 I was upset when the promotional images first came out last night, but the trailer actually put me to ease.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I honestly kind of hope that (given Murray and Bentley sound the same) Kevin Miller returns for Sly. I know the current actor doesn't do bad, but something feels really off without him as Sly there.

WanPisu

Awards
I've always thought platformers could make enjoyable animated movies, with all the comedy in them.

Not much of a Sly-fan but why the heck not? Whether they're done well or not, I don't know. Time will tell.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Thanks for pointing me to the thread! I'm excited! I love the Sly franchise a lot, and the trailer looks true to the games so far. I really hope it doesn't flop. Now we'll just wait for a Jak and Daxter movie...

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Going to start by not watching it to say I think this could be either really good or mediocre. For some reason I feel like they're gonna use people for it. Edit shortly...

edit: yeah so animated movie, awesome idea. I think this could really pay off well! I'm excited to see more trailers/the movie.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
This looks like it'll be good. Now to wait for a Jak & Daxter movie to happen! :D

Gram

Banned
Awards
Not sure what's more weird to me, the fact Sly and Murray have pants on, how detailed sly and bently is, or Murray's off putting design.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I honestly kind of hope that (given Murray and Bentley sound the same) Kevin Miller returns for Sly. I know the current actor doesn't do bad, but something feels really off without him as Sly there.

Yeah, I'm actually really off put by his new voice more than anything. If they get Kevin Miller I will definitely see it. Though, I do hope they change around their designs a little more still. I can get used to a realistic style I think, but they don't really look...like themselves? I guess.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not sure what's more weird to me, the fact Sly and Murray have pants on, how detailed sly and bently is, or Murray's off putting design.

Sly looks good in pants, though. The hoodie is what throws me off a bit, honestly. It all fits him well but at the same time it's...different xD

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I have a bad feeling about this, it's gonna suck. Though I can't help but be excited about it.

I wish they would have gone for a more cartoony design, like the games. The characters look too weird when they're realistic and they've ruined Murray.

At least Sly's voice isn't as bad as I thought it would be though.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Honestly, I think what gives me the most confidence in this movie was the shoutout to Clockwork. Little touches like that imply, at the very least, that the people behind the production care.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Here are some selected responses from the PS Blog:

Sly Cooper Animated Film Revealed – PlayStation.Blog

On Sucker Punch & Sony's involvement said:
+ Brad Foxhoven on January 28th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:
Sucker Punch and Sony do have quite a bit of input, and approval over these designs. We appreciate the fans feedback, and will make sure to address them on into the production.

On the decision of not having cel-shaded graphics said:
+ Brad Foxhoven on January 28th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:
Thank you for the comment. We looked into the cel shaded style, but it just didn’t hold up on the big screen. For TV, sure – just not a theatrical film. Together, with Sucker Punch and Sony, we decided to go the CG route. Everyone was involved in this decision, and we all like the way its turning out.
We will continue to tweak and improve upon the characters as we enter production.

On the voices said:
+ Brad Foxhoven on January 28th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:
Hi There – Wanted to say that it’s a completely different team. We (Blockade) helped bring in new talent for the film to make sure it was to the level we all want to see on the big screen!

There are a few cute responses on there by Brad if you want to check it out.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
fun fact: the studio making the Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank movies, Rainmaker Entertainment, are also known for these amazing smash hits that you all know and love:
-Barbie as the Island Princess
-Barbie Mariposa and her Butterfly Fairy Friends
-Barbie and the Diamond Castle
-Barbie in 'A Christmas Carol'
-Barbie and The Three Musketeers
-Barbie in a Mermaid Tale
-Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale
-Barbie: A Fairy Secret
-Barbie: Princess Charm School
-Barbie in a Mermaid Tale 2
-Barbie: The Princess and the Popstar
-Barbie Mariposa and the Fairy Princess

I don't know how to contain my hype.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
fun fact: the studio making the Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank movies, Rainmaker Entertainment, are also known for these amazing smash hits that you all know and love:

I really doubt they were chosen for their Barbie Masterpieces. Clearly it was because of their animation skills, which is much more important than the actual films they've worked on.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

This doesn't mean they're bad. If anything, this trailer is a pretty good indicator that they've got some pretty good talent at creating really nice visuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back