• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A lot of us are young adults, adults, and teenagers. I wonder how much sleep everyone gets because, I know our lives are all different from one another. It's said that the best sleep is 7 or 8 hours of sleep. I wonder how many of you would agree with that? :) Questions below are optional.

How many hours of sleep do you get?
Do you think 7 or 8 hours of sleep is enough?
Do you skip or eat breakfast?
Do you feel your sleep effects your performance in daily life?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Interesting topic!

It really depends. On normal weeks, I only get around 5-4 hours sleep (I fall asleep at 12am to 1 am and get up at 6 am). TnT
On holidays, it's much longer of course.

I don't think you can generally say if 7 or 8 hours of sleep is enough, because it really depends on how tired and exhausted you are -- at least for me. I think 9 to 10 is perfect.

Yeah, I have to skip breakfast if I wanna not come late to school. :c
My bus arrives at 6.48 am and until I'm fully awake, washed my face, did my hair and brushed my teeth usually 15-20 minutes pass. Then I watch some videos and/or read through blogs and usually KHinsider Forums.

Sometimes. xD It was really bad today when I yawned like 16 times within one lesson. It was horrible, since I only got 3 hours of sleep today (there was an emergency and we had to drive to the hospital). :SS
But usually it's fine to okay-ish. Normally I've recovered all that stuff in the second lesson (at 9pm).

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Typically, I try and go for 6 hours at the minimum. I have been known to go for less though.
I also have a lot of interrupted sleep time, since I wake up randomly at night. I toss and turn a lot.
As for breakfast, I try not to skip breakfast now, after being scolded for it. It still happens though. (Including today).
Also, I couldn't really specify how I feel during the day. I always feel sluggish no matter what.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I typically go to sleep at midnight and wake up around 6:30, so that's about 6 hours or less every day. It's probably not enough, oh well.

Seven to eight hours would definitely be enough for me. I can't usually stay asleep for longer than that and wake up naturally... although that doesn't always mean I will actually get out of bed right then...

For a while, I just drank a smoothie instead of eating breakfast. Now, this smoothie was crammed with yogurt and at least 3 kinds of fruit, but apparently it wasn't enough. I'd have weeks where I'd feel completely exhausted for no reason. Aaand a recent checkup revealed that I had dropped about 10 pounds since last time, not a good thing when you're already lightweight to start with and you're not intentionally trying to lose weight. I'm eating cereal or eggs with the smoothie now, and the exhaustion's mostly gone.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Great topic!

I usually get 5-6 hours of sleep a night, but I never feel well-rested.

I'd say that 9-10 hours for me is usually good, and probably best, but I'm never able to get that anymore :(

I sometimes eat breakfast (once a week or so), and it's usually a sausage egg and cheese on a toasted everything bagel :)

I feel like not getting enough sleep sometimes hinders my performance in my early classes, but honestly I have been functioning on 5 hours for years, so it hardly even bothers me anymore.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I know the worst sleep pattern is irregular, and that's pretty much how it is for me. I might sleep anything from 3 to 7 hours during the week, and then 11 hours during weekends. I also love taking naps. I've been trying to fix this now though, to try and wake up at least somewhat at the same time during weekends, instead of going sleep at 4am and waking up at 2pm... I'm just absolutely not a morning person and love being awake at night, so it's not easy.

The perfect amount of sleep for me is probably 9 hours, anything less and I'll be tired in the morning. And it definitely affects how well I perform, a lot. I noticed just how much a while ago while playing KH2 actually, I spent like 2 hours trying to beat that one mushroom in Port Royal that creates clones and you have to follow them while they move and hit the right one. It felt impossible. Then after a good night's sleep I got it on first try, no problem. A big difference.

I always skip breakfast. Like I just... can't eat in the morning. At all. I've always been like this, it just makes me feel sick to even think about eating before being awake at least for an hour. Not that I'd have time to eat anyway, I always stay in bed too long and have to run to the bus xD

Muke

whatever
Awards
Interesting topic!

II only get around 5-4 hours sleep
I think 9 to 10 is perfect.

Great topic!

I usually get 5-6 hours of sleep a night
I'd say that 9-10 hours for me is usually good, and probably best
catcake said:
The perfect amount of sleep for me is probably 9 hours, anything less and I'll be tired in the morning
YAY grono and catcake
thought i was the only one xD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I normally go to bed at around 10 but don't fall asleep until around midnight (it takes me a while to conk out) and I wake up at 7/8-ish.

I think it really depends on the person for whether how many hours is enough for sleep.

During the week I normally only have a tiny bowl of cereal for breakfast but on Sundays I gorge on a bagel WITH LOTS OF CREAM CHEESE! Or sometimes a breakfast bagel sandwich, or a breakfast pizza.

I'm always full of energy even when I get little sleep.

Spem

Awards
I'm used to get between 3 and 5 hours of sleep, wich I think it's low. And yeah, this really makes me tired during the morning and my performance ends up being pretty bad. It's hard to not fall asleep during some lectures.
9 to 10 hours of sleep normally works best for me.

At least I never skip breakfast. I can skip lunch or dinner, but never breakfast haha. I normally have an egg and cheese sandwich and a lot of juice.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Pending between 3 and 10 tbh. Usually rather 5-6 though.

Yes, if you sleep right. Now smartphones or anything nearby, comfortable sleeping position, drink enough but not too much before bed-time...

I usually skip, unless I have a late shift at work, then get breakfast.

Dunno? I usually function pretty well at work even if I had only 2-3 hours of sleep, sooo..can't say. xD

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I usually get at least 7-8 hours during school days.
Sometimes I take naps on rare occasions, but during weekends I stay up later and wake up close to afternoon. I'm not a morning person. xD

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
One thing that really affects my sleeping a lot is if I'm alone. I always sleep the best at home, or at a friend's place, fall asleep really fast. When I'm at my own place though, where I don't even have my cat because it's rented and pets aren't allowed, it's easier to get distracted with stuff and think about bad things. I remember one night when I went to sleep nice and early and closed my eyes and then I just... thought that what if I had a stroke or something right now, I'm all alone here, no one would help. No one would even notice, until several days later. And then I just lied there awake like damn xD I get anxious really easily and sleep is always the first thing to suffer from it.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I usually go to bed at around midnight at wake up anywhere between 7:30-9 (usually 9, though). After, I'm just on my phone until 10 if I can afford to do so. I feel well rested, but I'd like to wake up earlier and actually get out of bed lmao. I've worked on four hours of sleep before with no real issues, but I doubt I could do it multiple days in a row. I also feel that people who have to wake up early are put in an unfortunate position, especially for high schoolers. Some people are natural late risers, which makes mornings difficult for them.

I should also note that I love sleep. I love sleep so much it's the first thing I think of when I wake up.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
...sleep?

what does this word mean? Isn't that the signature nonsense word from bbs?

honestly I get 20 hours max a week. With how incredibly busy I've been plus my skewed schedule and chronic pain, I haven't gotten much sleep.

on the breakfast front I eat yogurt and something light like eggs or the last nights dinner but tomorrow I'm starting a diet exclusively compromised of cheerios for the first two meals.

and exhaustion? Hahahahaha I never feel rested anymore so I'm in a perpetual state of being half asleep and never being able to sleep on my own and it's affecting my memory. I'm not exhausted; exhaustion is me.

Jochira

Awards

I usually sleep around 22:00 and gets up around 6:00-8:00, so I sleep for 8-10 hours

well, 7 hours is too little, but 8-10 hours is the recommended sleeping time and I feel like that's enough for me

I usually eat breakfast, though this week is an exception since i'm at day 3 of my no food challenge for a week

actually, I feel kinda mentally exhausted, even if I sleep properly so idk...

Kounelli

Awards
I have insomnia so sleep is a constant problem for me. Even when I do fall asleep, I wake up several times throughout the night and feel so tired. I work from 6:30AM - 3:30PM everyday so I typically wake up at 5:00AM so I can make it in on time. During the summer time or when there are breaks (I work at a 9-month school), I sleep during the day and stay up all night.

An interesting observation I've made is that during the summer when I sleep during the day, I am more active and awake at night time than the rest of the year when I have to stay awake during the day. I've been doing some minor research on it and apparently there are such things as humans that are "nocturnal" in a sense, which would explain my insomnia since I'm forcing myself to sleep at night. Gotta work though and my masters is in education so gotta work during the day lololol.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I get a good 7-8 hours of sleep a night now. Although in the last 8-9 years or so my body has become very strange, waking me up and not being able to return to sleep. Like right now, I physically can not sleep in past 7 am to 8 am. It must be medical. Before I had any medical issues, I was sleeping into until 11 am when I could... And then right out of high school, I stayed up late and slept in until 2 PM some times. Wow. What I'd give to have that carefree, medical issue free life again. (I wouldn't sleep in like that, though. lol)

I just came out working nights to return to school this last fall. When I tried to sleep on days, things were different. I'm actually very happy where I am right now. When I had to sleep days, I struggled to fall asleep many days, laying awake for hours, and then waking up for work was the most dreadful thing ever (I lost a LOT of sleep). Now I get up hours before my classes start, and am always relaxed.

Angelic Blight

How many hours of sleep do you get? 3 to 4 a night
Do you think 7 or 8 hours of sleep is enough? Not nearly enough, at least for me
Do you skip or eat breakfast? Skip
Do you feel your sleep effects your performance in daily life? If it didn't, I'd be much well off lol
So yeah it affects me substantially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back