• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sky Angels- Please PM me your emails if you want to recieve the rest of the Chapters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdc456

Re: Sky Angels

So iread up to chapter 3.
I love how you develop the story.
It takes nice steps in my opinion.
The way you write keeps me interested.
You never use any paragraphs that are too long. They are always just long enough to keep you interested.
I'm really liking the whole concept of this story, too.
Great job overall.

By the way, I was wondering if you took a look at any of the stories that I've linked in my sig. The third one just went up last night and I'm looking for a few suggestions.

Last edited:

LadyofShadow

Captain L.O. Shadow

Thanks!

Um, I promise I will look at your stories once I get my internet back. I'm using my dad's computer so I don't get much time. I read the Prologue though and I thought it was great. Really interesting.

LadyofShadow

Captain L.O. Shadow

A NEW CHAPTER!! CHAPTER SEVEN!!!
Sorry guys, my dad left town for a few days and took his laptop so I couldn't use the internet. Unfortunately, the stupid internet company still hasn't given our internet back. D:<

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 7: Festival of Kings

Darkness.

“Where am I?” Dawn breathed.

Pure darkness.

“What…what happened?”

Light.

Dawn squinted her eyes and gazed at the blaring light before her.

Sunlight.

It was morning. Dawn bolted straight up then groaned and clutched her chest. It hurt. It felt like a sudden weight had been placed upon her chest while she slept. She breathed slowly hoping to ease the pain. Steadily the pain slipped away and Dawn was normal. She could barely remember what happened the night before. She remembered talking to her ghost and getting answers about Flyers then…all went black. But she remembered one thing clearly…the Dark Lord’s smile…and his eyes. Those cold burning eyes.

Dawn shut her eyes hoping to block him out but he was still there…standing in the darkness. Suddenly a brisk knock on the door shattered the dark.

“Dawn!” It was Tito. “Hey Dawn, wake up the festival begins in an hour! I’m starving!”

He had no idea what Dawn was doing last night. Good. Something happened and Dawn feared what it might be.

“Dawn?” Tito said a few seconds later after not hearing a reply from Dawn.

“Uh I’ll be out- uh soon!” Dawn stuttered.

Tito bought it. “Alright then meet me in the court yard when you’re ready!”

Dawn hopped out of bed and into the shower. As she washed, she could feel the Dark Lord’s eyes still watching her. It was terrifying and creepy. She didn’t even bother to finish washing. She just rinsed the rest of the soap off and jumped out of the shower. She changed very quickly still feeling his eyes bearing into her soul. It seemed there was nothing she could do to hide.

“I need to get out of here!” Dawn cried.

Sobbing slightly, Dawn grabbed a suit case from under her bed and began packing away the nice dresses the maids had given her. She had no idea how she was going to get off the castle or even what to do next. She just had to get out. Amongst her blind packing she failed to notice the slight tear in the carpet and tripped; dropping her suit case causing the dresses to scatter.

Dawn cried. She was scared.

“Shhh…”Jud cooed walking up to her.

Dawn didn’t even see him come in. He knelt by her side and placed his hands over her shoulder. Dawn turned and threw her arms around his waist. In his strong arms she felt safe; like her father. She now terribly missed her friends and family back home. Everything was coming out…except the fear of the Dark Lord’s eyes. Softly, Jud stroked her brown hair whispering comforting words as she wept.

“I know you’re scared. You’ve been through a lot since you’ve gotten here and with such little information. So you just cry now…let all your fears go. Everything will be okay.”

Dawn wanted to believe him. She really did. But truth is hard to bury sometimes. She could sense it in his tone. He was just as scared. The strongest Flyer she knew had fears too. For the next fifteen minutes the two remained that way on the floor.

“I’m sorry. I have to go prep for the festival. If you ever need anything. Anything, just call.” Jud said holding his crystal up.

The crystal was dirty blonde like his wings. He stood to his feet then helped Dawn up to hers. He then picked up Dawn’s suit case, dusted it off and handed it back to her.

“Tito’s waiting.” He smiled before leaving.

Dawn smiled She calmed down then slid the empty suitcase back under the bed. Doubt still clouded the back of her mind but for now she had a festival to enjoy. She dusted her simple yellow dress off then headed out into the corridor. It was busy with Flyers scrambling to get to the festival. Some had food in their hands while others were just running. It was a madhouse…or madcastle in this case. Then a thought occurred to Dawn…she had no idea where the court yard was!

When in doubt, follow the mad crowd of Flyers. Once through the labyrinth of corridors the Flyers spread their wings and took off the moment they stepped outside. It was like jumping into a flock of feeding birds. They shot off into the sky in glorious patterns doing swoops and loops.

“Dawn!” Two voices shouted.

Dawn turned her attention to Scelia and Tito sitting on top of a water fountain in the middle of the square. She dodged the feather bullets flying past her as the Flyers shot into the air and met up with Scelia and Tito.

“’Bout time. I’m starving!” Tito groaned.

Scelia smacked his arm. “You dork the festival doesn’t start for another fifteen minutes! I told you, you should have eaten something this morning. Don’t mind him. Sometimes I think his stomach is his brain.”

Tito rubbed his arm and pouted. Dawn just laughed. Scelia winked and the two girls formed a mental plan at a sub conscious level that only girls could share. Dawn grabbed Tito’s leg and hoisted it up while Scelia pushed him backwards. Tito screamed as he fell off his perch into the cold fountain water. It wasn’t deep enough to do any damage but it just got his wings and pride a little soggy.

Both girls laughed. Tito was the kind of boy you could pull pranks on and he wouldn’t be offended. In fact quite the opposite. Tito began to laugh as well.

“So who’s going to help me out?” He said holding up both his arms.

Both girls rolled their eyes then each grabbed and arm. Tito was stronger than expected. With one quick yank, he pulled both girls into the cold water beside him. A huge water fight would have broken out if a loud announcer hadn’t given a ten minute warning.

“Hey, where’s this festival thing being held?” Dawn asked drying off.

“It’s coming.” Tito said strangely.

As if on cue, the whole castle shook knocking Dawn to her butt. Now she understood why all the Flyers flew once they got outside. Dawn was panicking. Several more violent shockwaves rippled through the castle threatening to tear it apart. It felt like something was ramming them. She looked at the other Flyers…and was confused. They seemed to enjoy it. They were excited about their castle nearly getting destroyed. Tito and Scelia looked ready to bounce out of their skin in excitement.

It was an atmosphere of pure euphoria. The 7th and final jolt brought about a huge cheer. Flapping the rest of the water off his wings, Tito and Scelia grabbed Dawn’s arms and lifted her up into the sky to see. The castle wasn’t being rammed (duh because they were alive) it was being connected. Seven other flying castles had joined together to form a large oval shaped stadium. Immediately the food producers rushed into the stadium to set up and get the best spot.

Within minutes the atmosphere filled with the smell of wonderful food. Dawn was amazed how quickly they could unpack and get set up. It had to Flyer magic…or lots of practice. Eight castles joined together. Each of them bared a common group of Flyers such as the castle Dawn was in was heavily populated by Fire Flyers more than any of the others. In perfect sync, Scelia and Tito gave a powerful flap and the three flew into the stadium for the start of the Festival of Food.

The day was wonderful. Restaurants of different cultures stood in small stands with grills full of hot food. That day, Tito’s eyes grew 10 xs bigger than his stomach. Unfortunately, that resulted in him throwing up about one o’clock. But he kept going and refused to leave. The day was coming near to end and Tito, Dawn and Scelia were about to return to their rooms when suddenly a loud trumpet blasted the crowd to silence.

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” The little announcer boomed from a high balcony. Everyone turned to face the balcony in anticipation. “May I present to you, King Avian.”

The whole crowd roared in excitement as the King of Flyers appeared from the darkness into the five o’clock sun. Everyone bowed in respect and then gasped. Dawn didn’t notice it at first. The King wore long purple robes and heavy jewellery. Upon his head he wore a ground golden crown with several jewels that shone under the spring sun. Dawn wondered how he could fly with all that weight.

And that’s when it hit her. The whole process took a few seconds. King Avian had golden wings! It should have been obvious when she saw his crown upon his long, wavy golden hair. And his golden beard. Dawn figured he had to be about thirty.

“My people.” He addressed. “Last night, the Heaven’s blessed me with these wings. May they help us towards our struggle for peace. But for now, we celebrate the great kings of our past. Long live King Izon!”

Everyone cheered. No, everyone screamed in exhilaration and joy. But Dawn could sense it. The pain. In their eyes, each Flyer had a dark tale to tell. Flyers were born to protect and therefore they were mostly attacked. So much pain. So much sadness. Amongst the excitement, Dawn felt sad for these poor people. On the ground as an Earthling, she never thought of how hard it must be to fight everyday for people who barely do anything for them.

From the ground she could only ever see the magnificence. Tito, amidst his wild clapping and cheering looked down at Dawn and noticed her saddened, dazed expression.

“Something wrong?” He asked leaning in close to be heard.

Once again, Dawn lied. “No, I’m fine. I’m really tired I’m just going to go back to my room.”

“Oh, okay.” Tito said in slight confusion.

Dawn pushed her way through the sea of people and feathers. Her mind was in a fog. She stared blindly at each of the Flyers’ faces and through their mask of happiness, she saw pain. Dawn just back tracked the way she came in and within ten minutes she was back inside the quiet castle.

From inside, the sounds of the festival continued. Loud, Celtic type music played and she could hear cheering. Dawn pushed through her door and jumped onto her bed. Or would have jumped…if it weren’t for two of the Dark Lord’s agents awaiting her arrival. Dawn didn’t even have time to react before they grabbed her arms and dragged her through the castle. Everyone was outside so no one could hear her struggling. The two agents dragged her through the corridors and up three flights of stairs.

After a few minutes of dragging they flung her into an office room then closed the door. Once she recovered, Dawn scanned the room. The room was painted a normal cream color with red, soft carpets. To Dawn’s right stood a tall bookcase, packed tight with different large, old fashion, leather bound books. To her left hung a portrait of Lord Eirik. This must have been his office. Then she drew her attention to the tall, wooden desk sitting before her and a tall black leather chair sitting behind it.

“What is this about?!” Dawn growled climbing to her feet.

“You.”

The chair swung around revealing Volos sitting in the seat of power. Dawn tensed up. Why wouldn’t these people leave her alone?! And how did he find her?

“Where’s Lord Eirik?” Dawn sneered, narrowing her eyes.

“Don’t worry; he’s enjoying himself at the festival. It’s just you…and me.” Volos smiled resting his elbows on the table then his chin on his hands.

The two held a stare for an eternal minute. Dawn stared straight into the orange eyes of Volos and he bore his eyes into her soul. Dawn suddenly flinched at the image of the Dark Lord’s smile returning to her mind. Volos smiled. He had her.

“What are you doing here Dawn?” Volos asked standing up.

“I don’t know, you dragged me here.” Dawn seethed.

“No, I mean what are you doing here, in this castle? In this place?”

Dawn was taken back. “I-I’m here to save Elva!”

“Really? Looks to me like you’re having fun at a festival. Do you not care about her anymore? Should I tell her to lose hope of her best friend trying to rescue her?” Volos taunted.

Dawn’s eyes flashed. She opened her mouth to retort…but then pondered Volos’s words. She at the carpet in disbelief. Dawn had abandoned Elva and was having fun. Tito promised they would find her but all they’ve done so far was go the Waterlings Kingdom and “rescue” Scelia. There was no link to Elva what’s so ever. Then a thought occurred to her.

“But everyone says I’m the destined one.” Dawn quivered trying to push away her guilt.

Volos sighed like a concerned adult who was about to break it to a kid that Santa Claus wasn’t real. “I’m sorry to inform you but that was just a silly excuse to justify you being here. Once they find out you’ll be thrown out of the castle.”

“B-but I-I have p-powers.” Dawn stuttered in disbelief.

“What happened on that fateful day was a fluke. A siege of emotion and amidst your fear, you believed you saved Tito’s life.”

Dawn wanted to ask about how she had a Flyer half but something kept forcing it out of her mind. Within a matter of long seconds, all of Volos’s lies sunk in- and Dawn believed them.

“Go home Dawn. You don’t belong here. If the Flyers need your help they’ll come to you.” Volos stood then walked towards Dawn and placed a ‘comforting’ hand on her shoulder. “Don’t you have an Aunt in Spain whom your mother told you go to if ever you were in trouble?”

She did. On the day when the Dark Creature attacked, Dawn’s mother pulled her aside and said if something ever happened to her, she should go straight to her Aunt in Spain. Dawn remembered clearly that night when she lay wide awake in her bed fearing something bad happening to her parents. She even packed a suitcase just in case she needed a quick escape. Though after a few months, she grew out of the fear. Now something had happened- and Dawn didn’t listen to her mother.

She should she have demanded Tito fly her to Spain right away and leave the hard work to the Flyers. She was just a normal Earthling girl. She had no powers, she couldn’t save Elva. There was nothing she could do. Volos had won.

“Now here’s what you do.”

Volos explained everything she needed to do to leave before he leapt out the balcony and flew away. The Festival was still on going so no one would know she was gone or where she was going. But Dawn couldn’t leave without some sort of goodbye. Especially to Tito and Jud who had been so good to her. She quickly returned to her room knowing this would be the first place Tito would look. She sat at her desk with a blank piece of paper in front of her. There were so many things she wanted to say; so many words dripping with hatred, anger, fear and joy.

Time was not on her side. The festival would be over soon and she would have to explain to everyone why she was leaving. So, she wrote three simple words that summed everything up. She left the note on her bed where Tito could see it when he entered the room. Dawn took one last glance around the nice room they gave her. Then Dawn remembered Volos’s words, “Once they find out you’ll be thrown out of the castle.” It made sense. Without a purpose, they shouldn’t treat her nicely. She wasn’t good for anything. Then she closed the door.

Following his instructions, Dawn returned to the ‘Orb Room’. She placed her hand upon the orb and instead of letting go and summoning her Flyer half, she concentrated on her Aunt Mary in Spain. The orb hummed to life then flashed and Dawn was gone. By the time anyone would have figured it out, she’d be out of their reach.

Forever.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Um, I've read over some of the chapters and realized there are some continuity errors. I'm writing these chapters on a whim so if I've made a continuity mistake then please inform me and I'll fix it. Thank you!

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards

Wow, Dawn had a rough day.
Cool chapter :3
But now you've got me thinking about what might happen next. THINKING. That's not good for me.

<3

Call me Love, love.

I only had time for the first chapter. But I liked it. It was very interesting. Hopefully I can read more soon.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic

I have a feeling something bad will happen... ^^ It was a nice chapter, but it feels like Dawn's mental breakdown was a bit rushed. Especially since it seems to be very important for the story line...

LadyofShadow

Captain L.O. Shadow

Okay, thanks. Yeah, I know I have a bad tendency to rush things or not expand them as much. But I didn't really want the breakdown to be the key thing of the chapter; just a stepping stone.

LadyofShadow

Captain L.O. Shadow

And (in my mind at least) he'll just keep getting better and better. ^_^

Very good! Can't wait for more. However, I find the Flyers kinda ultimate and perfect...almost like Stus/Sues,

That's rather large. 0.0

Thanks for reading! Woo! More readers!!!

Flyers are high up there but they do have many problems which will arrive slightly later like airplanes. Wait till Spacelings appear.

Just out of curiousity have you read all the chapters or started on chapter 7?

LadyofShadow

Captain L.O. Shadow

I think this chapter wins the award for fastest to be uploaded (for me that is.) Here is Chapter 8!
I actually had to do some research for this one. XDDDDD

It was very strange. Flying through a portal to supposedly her Aunt’s house in Spain. For all she knew she could have made a mistake and end up somewhere bad like the moon then have her head explode from lack of oxygen. That would be really bad. The portal was quite a strange one. It wasn’t like a long tube that dragged her through. No. After the orb flashed Dawn found herself in a pure white square corridor. There were fine, silver straight lines shaping the corridor.

Well somewhat of a corridor. There wasn’t a floor. Dawn was floating. According to the lines the corridor was very long. Dawn squinted. There was some sort of blue light way down at the other ‘end’. Normally, she’d obey the voice in her head saying, ‘don’t go towards the light’ but right now that seemed the best place to go. It felt like she was floating in water so she swung her arms and started ‘running’.

The small blue light grew stronger as she neared it.

“I’m sorry Tito.” A familiar voice echoed...

Dawn stopped and looked around then realized it was her own voice. Dawn tried to speak but found no words left her opened mouth. Then she thought of something.

“This is really weird.” Her voice echoed again. “Whoa! This is cool!”

“Have you forgotten about me?” Another familiar voice asked.

Dawn spun around and saw Elva floating behind her with a saddened, confused expression on her face.

“Elva!” Dawn explained.

She ran back but only found her friend was an illusion. A figment of her fearful imagination.

“Dawn, don’t you care about me anymore?”

Dawn was taken back. “What?! Of course I care about you!”

“Then why haven’t you rescued me yet?”

“I-I can’t do it.” Dawn lowered her head. “I’m not you. I’m sorry Elva.”

Elva lowered her head then disappeared. Tears streamed down Dawn’s cheeks. She had lost sight of finding her best friend. She couldn’t do it. So like always, she ran away. Dawn whipped around and ran faster towards the light. Upon touching it, the light consumed her floating body and the next thing she knew she was standing on the front doorstep of her Aunt’s house. The high spring sun shone bright, wrapping Dawn in warmth.

That’s strange. Dawn could have sworn it was twilight when she left. Had she really been in that portal thing all night? Dawn scanned the skies. No Flyers. She didn’t see them or sense them. Good.

“Dawn! Baby! You’re here!” Aunt Mary exclaimed swinging the large wooden door open.

Aunt Mary came out and wrapped her arms tightly around Dawn. Aunt Mary was only about five feet tall with a very curvy figure and thick black hair (obviously recently dyed). Due to living in Spain for so long her skin had gone dark tan. She wore a long red shirt with a black belt over it on her hips. Black capris covered her legs down to the middle of her calves complimented by black slippers. And to top it all off, long gold jewellery with a familiar tear drop at the end, except it was gold. Dawn smiled.

“I knew you’d be coming. When I saw your home was destroyed but there was you and your friend were unaccounted for I knew you’d come here. Tell me, where’s Elva?” Aunt Mary asked.

Dawn sighed and pushed her Aunt away. Aunt Mary got the message and placed a hand on Dawn’s shoulder. Silently she led Dawn into her large home. Aunt Mary founded a huge International Fashion Franchise called Chiquitita. Her store did really well for sixteen years. A Chiquitita store could be found in every major city of the world. She made so much money and became one of the richest women in Spain. About a year ago she stepped down from being the CEO.

By then she had bought herself a huge mansion in the country side of Huesca. Aunt Mary owned three acres of land. Her backyard; a wide open field with a stone wall and a few trees dotted around. Her front yard; a beautiful view from high up on the small town below. It was breathtaking. The inside of the mansion was just as spectacular. The Spring Sun poured through the high, tall windows giving the room the appearance of gold. And the reflection wasn’t far off.

The floor of the foyer was smooth gold marble. High above Dawn’s head hung a gold chandelier with crystals dangling from each ‘candle’. That gave the room a magical sparkle. Dawn’s eyes scanned the whole room then walked up the white marble stairs to the small balcony allowing people to look down at the guest entering the large doors. It reminded Dawn of a huge castle; a modern Earthling castle that is.

Aunt Mary (or Em as she likes to be called) lived alone with her many servants but hosted a lot of parties. Social gatherings, business parties, Christmas parties, fundraisers. You name it, she’s done it. Even once a rich kid’s birthday party. Em was Dawn’s mother’s (Katrina) sister. Twin sister to be exact.

The story was, Em and Katrina might have been twins by look but were complete opposites in everything else. They never got along well so after High School they went their separate ways. At least that’s what Dawn’s mother told her.

“Well here we are. You need anything just ring for the maid. Once you’re settled I have the perfect remedy for your mood.” Em said opening the door to Dawn’s new room.

Dawn nodded and Em closed the door. Once alone, Dawn took a good look at the room. It looked prepared. Prepared for a young teenage girl to live. Unlike the room she got at the Flyer castle, this room was more suited to her taste. Light blue walls with a white ceiling and soft white carpet. Her bed lay under a wide window that looked out into Em’s vast field. On the left wall hung a wooden book shelf with a few of Dawn’s favourite books.

At the head of Dawn’s bed, along the left wall, sat a long dresser with three drawers. At the foot of Dawn’s bed stood a tall wood wardrobe on the left wall; on it hung a tall mirror that was perfect for Dawn’s size. Beside the wardrobe opened a pair of glass doors to a small balcony looking out into more open, beautiful fields untamed by white flowers. Dawn sat down on her soft bed. It was really comfortable and very soft with a thick duvet. A few more posters and clothes all over the floor and Dawn would have felt back in her room.

But she didn’t remain in that nostalgia for long. She didn’t want her feelings of regret and pain coming back to bite her so she briskly scurried out of the room and to the deck looking down at the front door. Em was standing there twirling her keys around her finger. She smiled.

“I knew you’d come. Now come on. Can’t have you walking around in that Flyer dress forever.” Em encouraged beckoning Dawn to her side.

Dawn trotted down the stairs and to Em’s side. Em led Dawn down a small dirt path to a large garage that held Em’s three cars. A jeep, a Porsche and her small limo for parties. They took the jeep.

“So, where are we going?” Dawn asked.

“Where every girl should go when they are depressed. Shopping.” Em smiled.

Now, Dawn wasn’t really the kind of girl who liked shopping, unless it was for books or movies or fun videogames. She knew when Em said shopping she meant clothes shopping. Yet, it might actually be good for her. To get out the Flyers’ clothing and into something normal. Try and become normal. They drove for about twenty minutes through the trees and fields to the small town. It was very historical with several old, gothic churches dotted around.

Em parked her jeep then led Dawn through the coble stoned streets. Dawn glanced at the town clock reading nine thirty in the morning. All the shops were beginning to open. There was a strange, musty morning smell that rose off the dust streets. Despite the dust, the streets were spotless. Not a piece of trash in sight. With the rising sun and the glittering green tree tops, it looked like paradise.

Dawn took a deep breath of the fresh, warm spring air. It was very cleansing and refreshing to her heavy mind. It was as if the tepid wind blew all her troubles away.

“Ready Chiquita?” Em asked.

Chiquita. That was Dawn’s nickname whenever Em came to visit (which was very rare; only on special birthdays like 5th, 10th, 13th and 16th). Oh and sometimes during Christmas, Aunt Mary would turn up unannounced with a ton of presents to make up for that. Em took Dawn to Chiquitita. The store was nothing like Dawn had ever seen. Like I said, she didn’t go shopping much so she never actually stepped into her Aunt’s store before. Whenever she heard ‘Fashion Franchise’ extremely girly clothes at outrageous prices came to mind. Chiquitita was different. It was a mix of style. Girly, sporty, trendy, grunge, gothic in every side for every type of body imaginable.

No wonder the store did so well. Dawn gasped.

“¡Hola Em!” The store owner shouted from behind the cashier.

With a wide smile across her face, Em ran up to the woman and hugged her tight. Then the two exchanged air kisses from cheek to cheek. Suddenly Em wasn’t the Em Dawn knew. The two women began having an excited conversation…in Spanish. Dawn now regretted taking French over Spanish. She didn’t understand a word. The store owner, Rita (by the name on her name tag) saw this.

“So, who is this?” Rita asked in a heavy Spanish accent.

Em switched back to English instantly. Honestly, Dawn couldn’t tell the difference. Em had managed to keep a somewhat English accent yet could switch instantly to a Spanish one. “This is my niece, Dawn.”

Dawn smiled politely hoping Rita wouldn’t start blurting out Spanish.

“¡Hola Dawn! What brings you to Spain?”

Em stepped in and placed her hands on Dawn’s shoulders. “Well Dawn’s been feeling a bit down in the dumps and needs a new outfit.”

Em had completely changed the subject. Why? A toothy grin stretched across Rita’s face and a sparkle appeared in her small oval, green eyes. Dawn missed seeing normal eye colours. For the past few weeks she had only been around people with either silver or black eyes (Scelia).

“Now, she’s not a very trendy, girly girl but I believe she needs some sort of style.” Em described.

“I might have just the thing.” Rita said tapping her finger against the air.

She glided from behind the counter and a good look at every angle of Dawn. When she asked about the yellow dress, Em once again lied (knowing full well it was a Flyers’ dress) and said she made it. Rita practically pushed Dawn into a changing room then darted at inhuman speed around the store collecting various articles of clothing. After trying on several unfitting outfits, they found the perfect one. Dawn stepped out from behind the curtain dressed in tight blue capris, a white tank top with a light blue and red flannel shirt over it.

And on her feet she loosely wore black All Stars. She felt so comfortable to be back in normal clothes. To be normal. Next accessories. Dawn wasn’t the type of girl who liked a lot of jewellery. They gave her a simple wooden bracelet and simple tan leather watch. She kept her necklace though but just considered it a gift from a friend rather than a tool that Flyers used.

“Perfect!” Rita exclaimed.

“Thank you so much Rita.” Em said before leading Dawn out of the store.

“Wait don’t we have to pay?!” Dawn asked.

“Founders discount.” Em said slyly.

The two women then stopped to refuel at a local café. Dawn had her first taste of Spanish Coffee. It was so rich and wonderful that not enough words could describe it. Huesca was known for its coffee. They shared various cakes while sipping coffee and just talking.

“Hey Em, how did you know I was wearing a Flyers’ dress?” Dawn asked softly in case it was supposed to be a secret.

Em lowered her mug but only smiled. “I figured I had to answer that question sooner or later.”

Em shifted her weight to comfortable position then began. But first she leaned forward and stared into Dawn’s eyes. A coy smile curled in the corner of her mouth.

“You’ve been with a Fire Flyer. I can see it in your eye. That tiny little flame.” But then her face grimaced and she sat back in fear.

“W-what?!” Dawn trembled.

“And you’ve seen the Dark Lord himself.”

For in her left eye swirled darkness.

“Please…what’s going on?”

Em pursued her lips. “I best start from the beginning of my story.”

But that would have to wait. Just as she opened her mouth, a woman screamed in horror behind them. Em spun around knocking her white chair over. Dawn slowly stood up; her skin pale as white in fear. A Dark Creature. Five Dark Creatures to be exact.

“Dawn, run!” Em screamed. “RUN!!!”

Dark clouds swirled into position. People ran away screaming, not wanting to be ripped to shreds by the Dark Creatures. Dawn was about to run but then her Aunt did something strange; rather stupid. She charged out towards the Dark Creatures.

“Aunt Em! NO!!!” Dawn shouted thinking her Aunt was committing suicide.

But then her Aunt leapt into the air above the five snarling Dark Creatures- and kept flying upwards. Soon she was directly above the beasts. They looked up and were about to pounce but that’s what Em wanted. From the purse on her hip, Em pulled out a fiery red ribbon. It glowed then grew into a full fledged flame. A fire whip. Dawn had seen Tito use one of those in training. But- Tito was a Flyer and Em…was an Earthling.

The Dark Creatures sprang into the air after the interesting new target.

“HA!” Em exclaimed lashing the creatures with her fiery whip.

They howled in pain and dropped to the ground like dead flies. Ten more creatures appeared on the roof tops. Dawn ran out to her Aunt’s side.

“You want her? Come and take her from me!” Em challenged breaking her whip in half.

The Dark Creatures answered with a deep growl; enraged by this Earthling with fire powers. Em hopped up onto the top of the fountain then attached the whips to her toes. The creatures lunged upwards. Em flipped over then began spinning on her hands, swinging her hips and leg around and nailing each attacking creature. Dawn was purely amazed. Too amazed to notice the Dark Creature lurking behind her.

She gasped just before the Dark Creature pounced and pinned her to the coble ground. It held her hands with its paws leaving her neck wide open for the Dark Creature to rip her throat out. Aunt Em looked up in the nick of time but that extra second cost her, her concentration and a lucky Dark Creature knocked her off the fountain and pinned her against the ground as well. Dawn looked to Em in fear.

However, in Em’s place lay Elva. It was a painful reminder that she didn’t want to lose anyone else to her short-comings.

“Get….OFF!!!” Dawn shouted at the dark beast.

Her eyes suddenly flashed white and a gold beam blast shot from her chest; pounding the creature dead on in the jaw. The creature went flying off, freeing Dawn. She still had momentum; she still had that passionate rage flowing through her veins. She still had that power. Dawn swiped her hand across her chest releasing a golden wave towards the Dark Creature holding Em. It didn’t even have a chance before it was destroyed by golden cracks. A few surviving Dark Creatures regrouped and lunged towards Dawn.

But Dawn was ready. She planted her feet firmly on the ground then let out a powerful cry. A golden orb formed around Dawn briefly then expanded like a bomb and crushed every Dark Creature in sight leaving nothing but black dust. When the gold light faded, Dawn fell to her knees. Tired and surprised at what she had just done. Dawn had destroyed all the attacking Dark Creatures without touching the surrounding buildings or people. An explosion on that magnitude should have turned the WHOLE town to dust.

Em ran to Dawn’s side just as she began to weakly waver. She slung Dawn’s arm over her shoulder and helped her back to the jeep. Dawn didn’t even make it half way home before falling unconscious from pure exhaustion. She had used a lot of unstable power at once and on emotion. Emotion and power are the most draining thing a human can use at the same time. Em, being surprisingly strong, carried Dawn up the stairs and tucked her into her new bed.

Em closed the curtains…then left the room. Night fell upon Huesca and in the early morning hours, Volos paid Dawn a visit. He flew to her balcony then quietly opened the balcony doors. It would have been so easy to just kill her there and then. She was so vulnerable. But he wasn’t after her death. He was after her life.

Strangely, he sat on the edge of the middle of her bed and stared at the sleeping child. Very gently, he stroked her long brown hair but then gasped. A thick mixture like brown paint covered his fingers. He glanced again and noticed that where he rubbed his fingers, her hair was white.

“No.” He breathed harshly. “Your destiny…will be mine!”

Suddenly his watched beeped which caused him to panic. He didn’t want Dawn to wake and find him there in her room because that would mean she would scream and alert everyone meaning he would have to fight. Quickly he darted out of her room and flew to the highest point on the roof. Dawn only stirred then drifted back to sleep. Volos sighed then clicked his watch.

“What?!” He barked quietly.

“Where are you?” The commander sternly asked.

Volos opened his wings and began flying. “I’m on my way.”

“Good, we have successfully located and capture the Underling twins.” The Commander reported almost sounding happy.

“Heh, remind me again why we need these people.”

The Commander sighed or more like growled. “We need them to complete the final project that will rid this world of Flyers…forever.”

“Thank you.” Volos sang in a mocking voice.

“I’m warning you Volos try anything; break any of the Dark Lord’s rules and I will personally kill you.”

Volos turned his watch off then smiled. “While see about that.”

Then he flew into the darkness of the night to return back to the Dark Lord’s base.

Anyone have an idea why Volos wants Dawn's destiny? >:3

I_Am_Genesis

Website
scratch.mit.edu

And (in my mind at least) he'll just keep getting better and better. ^_^

Thanks for reading! Woo! More readers!!!

Flyers are high up there but they do have many problems which will arrive slightly later like airplanes. Wait till Spacelings appear.

Just out of curiousity have you read all the chapters or started on chapter 7?
I wore out my eyes reading them all. That beautiful blue font turned my eyes into hot, mushy crap.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

Ah, I finally had time to read this. And I have to say...

...I LOVE YOU. <33
I can't even imagine where you get your inspiration from. This is pure awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back