• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Skullgirls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Skullgirls_logo.jpg

I know this game's been mentioned in the Fighting Game thread, but I think it more than deserves its own thread.

[video=youtube;EymPD4vQFBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymPD4vQFBs[/video]

It's only $15 and is one of the strongest fighting games to date, made by tourney enthusiasts but for both pros and casuals alike.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Been playing this game for a bit now, and I love it.

The fighting system is already very solid (though not perfect) and shows a lot of promise. The fact that the developers have stated that they won't make knee-jerk balancing decisions makes me feel very optimistic.

I love the production values too. The art, animation, and music are all fantastic.

I would like to see them fix some of the glitches though, as well as polish up the menu system and add more online features. I know that they plan to do that anyway though, so I'm not too worried about it.

I just hope that the game does well enough to justify said fixes. Along with more characters, of course :)

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Yeah the small cast is my main complaint for the game. Each character is unique enough that it's negligible, but more variety could always help. Especially when there were two characters that got cut at some point, one of which I found really neat looking. The other is Parasol's younger sister, who seemed like she had a pretty unique style as well.
umbsprite01collar2.png

What kind of glitches are there? I haven't experienced any.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Well, there's one where initiating a Blockbuster Sequel (this game's name for DHCs) sometimes causes the incoming characters hitboxes to show for a few frames before launching their attack. Though, I've heard that Mike Z actually thinks the glitch is kind of cool-looking, so that might not be fixed in a later update.

The more prominent however (at least for me) is the sound glitches. On numerous occasions during the intro/outro voicework (and I think I've even experienced this during supers as well) will play the characters voice twice, one on top of the other. Sometimes it's the same line, sometimes it's two different lines, but it's pretty noticeable.

This seems to happen mostly online, from my experience.

And I know that they've already planned to support the game with DLC characters. The two ones that they've confirmed to do first (assuming they'll be able to work on them) are Squiggly and Umbrella. Other popular ones that will probably get attention sooner rather than later are Black Dahlia, Panzerfaust, Leduc, and Big Band.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back